Microsoft Readies Xbox Game Pass for PC, First Month Only $1

Huge FYI on this - If you have XBL Gold OR XBOX Game Pass already currently, and you subscribe to Game Pass Ultimate (bundles XBL Gold, and both Game Passes), it'll automatically give you Game Pass Ultimate until whatever the furthest out expiry date is of your current subscriptions.

So for example, I had a six month sub to Xbox Game Pass on my account, as well as XBL Gold until August 2020. When I signed up for Game Pass Ultimate for $1, it automatically upgraded my entire account to Ultimate until August 2020, at no extra charge.

They even advertise this, so it's not a bug or something - you could conceivably save hundreds of dollars. They say they'll do it to a maximum of 36 months. You could get three free years of Game Pass for Xbox and PC, basically. And it only costs $1 to check for yourself - sign up, and check the expiry dates of your subscriptions.

Huge FYI on this - If you have XBL Gold OR XBOX Game Pass already currently, and you subscribe to Game Pass Ultimate (bundles XBL Gold, and both Game Passes), it'll automatically give you Game Pass Ultimate until whatever the furthest out expiry date is of your current subscriptions.

So for example, I had a six month sub to Xbox Game Pass on my account, as well as XBL Gold until August 2020. When I signed up for Game Pass Ultimate for $1, it automatically upgraded my entire account to Ultimate until August 2020, at no extra charge.

They even advertise this, so it's not a bug or something - you could conceivably save hundreds of dollars. They say they'll do it to a maximum of 36 months. You could get three free years of Game Pass for Xbox and PC, basically. And it only costs $1 to check for yourself - sign up, and check the expiry dates of your subscriptions.

This is exactly what I did. I added another year code that I got on discount before paying the dollar to switch over. Just got ulimate until 1/2021 for 52 dollars pretty much. I had already been paying 10 a month for gamepass prior. Just saved me a ton of money for like a year a half. I regret not adding two years before upgrading.

Well damn, thats a pretty good deal. My Gold expires sometime next year, so I'm gonna jump on this.

This is so important, I almost feel like you should add it to the article. It's a potentially gigantic savings for people.

You're absolutely right about this and I neglected to mention it in the article. Obviously, it was unintentional but an error all the same.

I also bought 1 year extra gold before i bought the Ultimate gamepass.

Now i have until March 2021 for just 1 EU.

Pretty sweet deal :-)

Time to renew my Gold Subscription.

I don't own an XBox, nor do I generally geek out at Microsoft's selection of games.

That said, this deal is a 100% no-brainer. And actually a great marketing deal. I'm considering buying a year or two worth of their service and upgrading it for a dollar. I just literally can't come up with a good reason no to since I know I'll spend at least $100 on gaming within the next two years otherwise and got a lot less value.

I also bought 1 year extra gold before i bought the Ultimate gamepass.

Now i have until March 2021 for just 1 EU.

Pretty sweet deal :-)

I'm absolutely flabbergasted that game media outlets aren't blaring horns from the tallest towers about this deal, because it's absolutely ridiculous. If you have XBL Gold subbed for the next three years, you could presumably get FREE GAME PASS FOR BOTH PC AND XBOX FOR THREE YEARS FOR A DOLLAR.

Xbox Game Pass alone is $10 a month at the regular rate. That is hundreds and hundreds of dollars, and years of 100% free games - including a ton of new releases over that time.

Anyone happen to know if I purchase it right now, and cancel it afterwards, will it hold up till my XBL expire date or if it'll cancel it instantly? I don't want to do this and then forget so far down the line and end up getting subsequent charges :lol:

Last edited:
My experience is that what you pay for is what you get. If you "cancel", you only cancel your automatic renewal.

Hello everybody, I'm new here.

Question, if I would get the ultimate pass for 1$, can I cancel it and go back to just Xbox live gold after that period?

I just saw this on the storefront last night. Even though I feel I have more than enough games to play this is too good to be true. I have 21 months to go on my gold sub, I'm now going to buy another year then subscribe to ultimate game pass for £1 which will set me up for almost 3 years. Ace.

Sorry to revive a dead thread, but can anyone explain to me whether you get to keep the games on the Game Pass for PC while you're still subscribing, or if they take it from you at some point and then you have to pay for it?

when you are subscribed, you get access to the pile of games but once your subscription expires your access will be remove as well.

Sorry to revive a dead thread, but can anyone explain to me whether you get to keep the games on the Game Pass for PC while you're still subscribing, or if they take it from you at some point and then you have to pay for it?

Games can be taken off of Game Pass at the discretion of Microsoft/developers. You will be offered the chance to buy it at reduced cost when this happens. Its not a regular thing though and all Microsoft first party titles will stay on.

Back