Forza Horizon 4 Hits 10 Million Players Since Launch

Inb4 "BuT wHaT aBoUt SaAaAaLeSsSs????????"

Great number and I'm happy to be one of those players, congrats PG! I still play this game and FM7 back to back.

I can only imagine the Lego expansion boosting that number even higher, and despite what the butthurt "elitists" have to say about it, it's IMO the best expansion so far.

Last edited:
I'm honestly kinda stunned that this thread didn't get stormed by any GTS diehards trying to split hairs about why it doesn't count.

If I can give them credit for one thing, it's that they know the boundaries and know not to let the **** slinging cross forum lines.

Unfortunately, it just allows them to obfuscate things and make it so that certain groups of people have to basically defend Forza and look like the aggressors by jumping into the GT side. Or if they compliment both games without malice or intent, they just twist it to make it seem like an attack anyway and we're back at square one.

If I can give them credit for one thing, it's that they know the boundaries and know not to let the **** slinging cross forum lines.

Unfortunately, it just allows them to obfuscate things and make it so that certain groups of people have to basically defend Forza and look like the aggressors by jumping into the GT side. Or if they compliment both games without malice or intent, they just twist it to make it seem like an attack anyway and we're back at square one.

I'll admit, I "lurk" the GT Sport forum occasionally (I've posted a few times too), and some of the conversations about Forza in there (Horizon or Motorsports, take your pick) - especially as it compares to Gran Turismo - are just detached from reality.

Not all the time, and it's probably a small concentration of super-fanboys making the comments, but yeah... it can get bad.

Congratulations to Playground Games. 👍

Services are the future whether we like it or not so the days of judging a game absolute on raw sales is numbered.

I wonder if there are going to be more Expansions since all the new Game Pass users have yet to spend any money on the game. These days, Expansions count more then ever.

That being said, i think the Lego DLC has a very appealing look and is pretty much as fun as the base game, but just like the base game, it feels a bit shallow. Also, with just three new cars thus far, its lacking content wise.

Well, I made the mistake of meandering over to the GTS forum because of this conversation, and found my way into that thread about sales numbers, and... wow. Considering the PS4 has outsold the Xbox a little over 2:1 this generation, and GT Sport is doing just fine sales-wise, it's pretty incredible how some of the posters over there have skin as thin as a newborn fish about any perception (real or imagined!) that the game is doing anything less than just amazingly great.

I love how the entire argument was set off by ImaRobot's completely innocuous comment saying that FH4 and GTS were both doing great, and that GTS was probably only slightly behind in overall player numbers. This was interpreted as "belittling" it, haha.

And as I suspected, it's really about a half-dozen posters over there that are driving the lunacy.

But yeah, if you have 20 minutes to burn, it's a great read.

Well, I made the mistake of meandering over to the GTS forum because of this conversation, and found my way into that thread about sales numbers, and... wow. Considering the PS4 has outsold the Xbox a little over 2:1 this generation, and GT Sport is doing just fine sales-wise, it's pretty incredible how some of the posters over there have skin as thin as a newborn fish about any perception (real or imagined!) that the game is doing anything less than just amazingly great.

I love how the entire argument was set off by ImaRobot's completely innocuous comment saying that FH4 and GTS were both doing great, and that GTS was probably only slightly behind in overall player numbers. This was interpreted as "belittling" it, haha.

And as I suspected, it's really about a half-dozen posters over there that are driving the lunacy.

But yeah, if you have 20 minutes to burn, it's a great read.

Initially I regretted taking a look at that thread, but at the same time it made me really appreciate how much more laid-back this side of the forum is. Some of the views people have there are so counter-progressive it hurts. :ouch:

At the end of the day, both GT and Forza are racing games which cater to the same hobby we all love - regardless of how they are achieving their high players counts, both should be celebrated. Racing games are rising in popularity again and with two excellent products receiving continuous post-release support right now, these millions of people will be inclined to try more racing games.

A bigger player base means investments in future games will be easier to justify, hopefully leading to a wider variety of racing games to enjoy in the future. This nonsense of criticising how (x) game got to (y) number of players has got to stop.

Initially I regretted taking a look at that thread, but at the same time it made me really appreciate how much more laid-back this side of the forum is. Some of the views people have there are so counter-progressive it hurts. :ouch:

You can tell there are a few people over there who are EXTREMELY threatened by the concept of Gran Turismo being anything less than the undisputed Alpha Dog in racing games.

You can tell there are a few people over there who are EXTREMELY threatened by the concept of Gran Turismo being anything less than the undisputed Alpha Dog in racing games.

The hilarity of that statement being that probably since 2011 GT hasn't been tops in anything, especially since the rise of Horizon, and ultimately, it doesn't matter considering the racing game genre, and the rules of engagement in a sense, have changed massively.

If I can be completely, brutally honest with myself, and this is not a slight against the moderators (who do a good job, I will say) but especially in the last few months, there has been a big uptick in, lets call it what it is, fanboy baiting, especially on one side. Basically, someone might mention Forza off hand (In the latest case, not even maliciously, more so as a compliment) and that is basically a red cape in front of a bull for some people to basically post disingenuous arguments, and perform in mud slinging. Then usually the Forza guys come in to at least try to set the record straight, they look like the aggressors, and the people who started it get to feel vindicated that they can slam Forza freely now that the 'cavalry' has arrived, for lack of a better term.

It just kind of leads to a lot of fighting that is basically pointless considering this isn't 2007 and this sort of **** doesn't matter anymore. There's a certain subset of people on the GT side that revel in this sort of thing and they're able to couch their statements enough to when they feel comfortable enough starting arguments and knowing the rules enough not to get banned, even though their shtick is well clear, and well run. It's even started to bleed over here now, with some GT people walking in, especially after the LEGO expansion, and saying 'wull GT would never do this' (Did we ask you?)

It feels like the forum has gotten a lot more hostile in recent months, especially with regards to literally anything that is relating to Forza that gets posted on the GT side of the forum. It seems to be stoked by a certain subset of people who have been able to skirt the rules well enough to not get popped for it, and then it just gives everybody else a free pass to start up on pissing matches that should have stayed in 2007. And as much as I love this forum (Enough to buy Premium, it should be noted) I really don't feel like constantly trying to defend a game title from those looking to post disingenuous arguments about it, because that's what eventually happens (See literally any time Forza 7 gets posted and people on the GT side still parrot that it had lootboxes, when it didn't in the classical sense)

I kind of feel like the mods need to crack down on some of this, because yeah, it really feels like a bunch of warring tribes fighting when there shouldn't be, considering how the greater genre has changed over the years. It just makes everybody look like kooks.

The hilarity of that statement being that probably since 2011 GT hasn't been tops in anything, especially since the rise of Horizon, and ultimately, it doesn't matter considering the racing game genre, and the rules of engagement in a sense, have changed massively.

If I can be completely, brutally honest with myself, and this is not a slight against the moderators (who do a good job, I will say) but especially in the last few months, there has been a big uptick in, lets call it what it is, fanboy baiting, especially on one side. Basically, someone might mention Forza off hand (In the latest case, not even maliciously, more so as a compliment) and that is basically a red cape in front of a bull for some people to basically post disingenuous arguments, and perform in mud slinging. Then usually the Forza guys come in to at least try to set the record straight, they look like the aggressors, and the people who started it get to feel vindicated that they can slam Forza freely now that the 'cavalry' has arrived, for lack of a better term.

It just kind of leads to a lot of fighting that is basically pointless considering this isn't 2007 and this sort of **** doesn't matter anymore. There's a certain subset of people on the GT side that revel in this sort of thing and they're able to couch their statements enough to when they feel comfortable enough starting arguments and knowing the rules enough not to get banned, even though their shtick is well clear, and well run. It's even started to bleed over here now, with some GT people walking in, especially after the LEGO expansion, and saying 'wull GT would never do this' (Did we ask you?)

It feels like the forum has gotten a lot more hostile in recent months, especially with regards to literally anything that is relating to Forza that gets posted on the GT side of the forum. It seems to be stoked by a certain subset of people who have been able to skirt the rules well enough to not get popped for it, and then it just gives everybody else a free pass to start up on pissing matches that should have stayed in 2007. And as much as I love this forum (Enough to buy Premium, it should be noted) I really don't feel like constantly trying to defend a game title from those looking to post disingenuous arguments about it, because that's what eventually happens (See literally any time Forza 7 gets posted and people on the GT side still parrot that it had lootboxes, when it didn't in the classical sense)

I kind of feel like the mods need to crack down on some of this, because yeah, it really feels like a bunch of warring tribes fighting when there shouldn't be, considering how the greater genre has changed over the years. It just makes everybody look like kooks.
Hear hear!

If I can be completely, brutally honest with myself, and this is not a slight against the moderators (who do a good job, I will say) but especially in the last few months, there has been a big uptick in, lets call it what it is, fanboy baiting, especially on one side.
I'm going to have to disagree on this bit. In general, I feel all of it has died down compared to years ago, really. Although, with each new release of either Forza or GT it does get reignited for a bit, but honestly, the fire burns out much faster than it ever has in the past.

Back