Top Gear's ‘Track-tor’ Coming to Forza; More Details July 1

Turn10: Track-tor!
Nobody: *dead silence* yey.

Me: welp, an other vehicle taking up space and that i might use for about 10 minutes. Great.

Money on it using a copy and paste engine sound already in the game...

As cool as this seems, i've lost all faith in Forza recently in terms of sound design, yes LEGO world was a couple of hours and fun but...we need so much better.

I make this meme for moments like this XD

Attachments

• PD Logic.jpg
    PD Logic.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 75
I don’t mind stuff like this in Horizon where the game doesn’t take itself seriously and encourages outside the box thinking.

But of all the stuff being added to Horizon that could be crossed back over into Motorsport, this is what’s likely?

Why the hell have they put those goofy headlights on the game version? :lol: The proprtions of the whole thing look a bit off somehow too.

Strange, I would have liked such a vehicle in horizon a lot for off-roading.
In motorsport, it will fall under forza special, and after taking it to the nurbugring, il will stand useless in my garage

[EDIT] ok the article says we do not know if it comes for horizon4 (which I hope) or FM7

Last edited:
And it's already been beaten, and by a real tractor no less.

https://www.rideapart.com/articles/356363/guy-martin-tractor-speed-record/
https://www.fwi.co.uk/machinery/tra...s-british-tractor-speed-record-in-jcb-fastrac

The Top Gear Track-tor is really just a truck with a tractor body kit. It's based on a Chevy Blazer chassis. The newest record holder is a real JCB tractor, albeit heavily modified for more power, less weight, and with a truck transmission. It's also turbo- and super-charged, like a Lancia Delta S4!

Don't worry. Just like the Lego expansion people will be all soar at first, but once they have tried this it will then be "you know, this ain't so bad" type of posts.

The more content, the more happier I get. Anything to keep me and others tied until Forza Motorsport 8 is fine by me.

Why the hell have they put those goofy headlights on the game version? :lol: The proprtions of the whole thing look a bit off somehow too.
There are two possibilities.

1: Complaints from Ariel. Since Trac-Tor used Ariel Atom's headlights, Ariel might not want the tractors to use their car parts for the tractors.
2: Trac-Tor has an option to change the headlights. These options were seen in some cars like the Exocet. And the teaser image Trac-Tor that they published seems to have a wider front tire than real. This Trac-Tor may not be stock.

I am a minority to welcome this crazy tractor.
The collaboration with TopGear is better than Lego, and being able to drive their custom cars at a UK festival would be a great experience.
And this is quirky, but unlike Lego Senna and Regalia, it's a real car.
I hope this tractor has a 7.2 V8 Racing swap, and can be used in the A and S1 classes.

Why won’t they just add more cars instead of this?

Because its T10 doing dumb stuff betraying the very essence of what forza motorsport used to be to appeal to the casuals or horizon crowd rather than the motorsport crowd.

If you are an old timer of the series from Forza 1 to Horizon part 1 those times are now long gone.

Because its T10 doing dumb stuff betraying the very essence of what forza motorsport used to be to appeal to the casuals or horizon crowd rather than the motorsport crowd.

If you are an old timer of the series from Forza 1 to Horizon part 1 those times are now long gone.
Just in case if you missed this, which I'm sure you did.
It is unclear if the “Track-tor” will appear in either Forza Motorsport 7 or Forza Horizon 4but we will find out on the upcoming Forza Monthly stream. Our money would be on a release for FH4, especially since FM7 has already received a Top Gear car pack.
I'm willing to bet that the Track-tor is for FH4 rather than FM7. But even it was for both, it will be quite interesting to see how it copes on track. But for now, no one knows where it will fall to, but again, FH4 is mostly likely the place for it.

Not sure why you're assuming it's only T10 behind all this...

You do realize series change?

Plus, as mentioned, this article was (inadvertently) placed in the FM7 section when we don't even know what game it will be put into (Though logic would state that Horizon gets it)

I'm also fairly certain that T10 knows what Forza Motorsport stands for or whatever, and why it's still viable in an age of hyper focused, competition leaning sims, or there abouts. Not like any of your preaching to the choir about the soul of the franchise matters when the only relation T10 has to PG is development of the Forzatech engine.

And that doesn't make sense to you? You're upset that they aren't covering the Motorsport "crowd" and are instead going for fun oddball, left field choices instead? If you expect the utmost focus on Motorsport, in Forza Horizon, I think you're purposely setting yourself up for disappointment. That has literally been the essence of the Horizon from the get go, to break away from Motorsport - They're just doing it more and more as time progresses.

Also, just because you don't like something doesn't mean that everyone that plays the game are what you call "casuals", whatever the hell that means. Playing Motorsport doesn't mean you're not a "casual." It's such a stupid word to through around as if it justifies anything.

We're at over 500 cars. It's not lacking in that department. I myself would prefer to see more normal, everyday, grocery-getter vehicles, and I'm absolutely positive that people will have a ****-fit just as much as this.

What if I told you that the Forza most people consider the best in the series launched with a full fledged soccer game?

(For best results, turn sound off)

And that was before Horizon was even a thing!!!!

And back in my day, we walked 50 miles to school uphill both ways in 6 feet of snow with no shoes and a nasty cough.

What if I told you that the Forza most people consider the best in the series launched with a full fledged soccer game?

Then I say Forza should have used its licensing powers to challenge Rocket League instead of releasing Forza Street. :lol:

I am. I have every Forza game. Motorsport and Horizon and I agree with your statement because the car packs are getting worse and so is the content.

Back