Goodwood Circuit Chicane Cheat

• Thread starter Rizla
  • 58 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scotland
Glasgow
Sid_Neigh
I'm afraid some dirty little so & so has found a way to skip the last chicane & gain a time advantage.

Found this just half an hour ago as I was using their ghost to go a bit faster. He/she was 10th in the top 10. What a 🤬 rotter.

I wonder what would happen if someone did that at fia meet ? I mean if its in the game and no penalty fair play ?

Yea thats craZy . Do they not beta test their own work ?

It looks like PD might be deleting dirty laps from the top 10? The fastest EMEA time is now a 1:27.317. While this is still a dirty lap I'm sure there were faster times than this recorded?

There's also some maintenance coming up tomorrow so hopefully a fix is incoming.

In defense of PD, this is not as obvious an exploit as the Catalunya one as at Goodwood a penalty IS applied, but only after crossing the start/finish line and only if following a specific driving line that keeps you off track for long enough. Hopefully they are responding quickly to fix it.

Just went to do some more hot lapping at Goodwood & all the times are gone including mine & all my friends. Seems they had a mass cull as the only times visible are in the top 10 & they are dated today.

There are still some times where there is no replay available. My thinking on this is if you arse around so no one can see what you are up to then the time should never stand.

Sick to bloody death of these cheating scum bags.

15621583844291508923642.jpg

Looks like they fixed it.... suprised to see it so fast

I always just assumed that the car would be reset right before the chicane when trying to cut through the grass. Either that or penalty to dismiss your lap time.

To be fair a penalty is issued for the cut. It's just people were using a further exploit that meant the penalty wouldn't register until after you cross the finish line so that the next lap is dismissed rather than the lap where you actually cut the corner.

I'm sad/impressed at how people discover these things!

To be fair a penalty is issued for the cut. It's just people were using a further exploit that meant the penalty wouldn't register until after you cross the finish line so that the next lap is dismissed rather than the lap where you actually cut the corner.

So is that why they then went over onto the grass on the left hand side of the track?

No, I get it. It's like trying to cut the final turns at La Sarthe. If you don't get reset, there's a penalty that's usually issued before the finish line. That's essentially what I was expecting to happen before I learned that this was even an exploit.

Last edited:
So is that why they then went over onto the grass on the left hand side of the track?

That's my assumption. As long as you get from being off track on the right, to being off track on the left quickly enough the game won't register the penalty until after you come back on track again. I'm not exactly sure why but there must need to be a specific amount of time that needs to pass after rejoining that the penalty registers.

It's a very specific move needed and I can't think of any other place this could be exploited. Which is a good thing!

Hopefully PD will work on a better fix in the long term (such as in instant penalty for cutting or a reset) as the barrier is fugly! I prefer it be there for now though :)

Here's the official notice.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/news/00_1612973.html

We have confirmed an issue in the Qualifying Time Trial Rankings for the currently held 'Daily Race A' event wherein lap times were recorded by using shortcuts on the track. As a consequence, we have reset those rankings in order to remove the offending records.

We deeply apologise to those players who were enjoying the event in a fairly manner, and hope that you will continue to support Gran Turismo Sport.

They should have included an invisible wall that didn't initially do anything but then abruptly stopped you right before the finish line.

No, mate... they should have added a reset area in that gap! Driving through = reset the car right behind those "on track wall"!
Then people will not be in anyones way, and have to accelerate from 0 again. + 5 sec Penalty if there was no contact to other cars before

I was hoping PD would just delete all the barriers altogether and add a "Non Chicane" version of the track ;)

Seriously though, it's a pretty obvious cheat. PD should've thought of it before but good on them for acting quickly.

I saw someone do it the other day, I tried it, gained a couple of seconds and got a 1 sec penalty and realised I would need to perfect a new racing line to get the best advantage...so I just decided the time was better spent practicing the chicane every lap instead.

Glad it is fixed especially quickly, as it was splitting the field in two with cheaters at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back