Goodwood Circuit Chicane Cheat

• Thread starter Rizla
  • 58 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a user email about this cheating on Goodwood track as K' is showing 2 leaderboards for EMEA region (Edit: i since removed the wiped one), one live and one closed.
I easily see which one is the wiped one, but what i don't understand is why only Europe have seen a complete leaderboard switch. The Asia and America region boards have still the same ids as originals o_O

Last edited:
I'm afraid some dirty little so & so has found a way to skip the last chicane & gain a time advantage.

Found this just half an hour ago as I was using their ghost to go a bit faster. He/she was 10th in the top 10. What a 🤬 rotter.

I haven't done played the weekly races this week.
But omfg. That's just poor sportsmanship.
I think, accounts should be zeroed too. As well as the weekly times.
Put them back to zero.
Ppl less likely to abuse then

I haven't done played the weekly races this week.
But omfg. That's just poor sportsmanship.
I think, accounts should be zeroed too. As well as the weekly times.
Put them back to zero.
Ppl less likely to abuse then
Everyone who wasn't the first to do it was just levelling the playing field. Even the first person might have just been experimenting to try out the system, and when they found what worked, they would have had no way to remove the resulting performance even if they wanted to.

... Even the first person might have just been experimenting to try out the system, and when they found what worked, they would have had no way to remove the resulting performance even if they wanted to.

No excuses. You might just try out, see that the shortcut works and the resulting benefit by comparing to your own ghost - there's no need though to cross the line then 👎 !

No excuses. You might just try out, see that the shortcut works and the resulting benefit by comparing to your own ghost - there's no need though to cross the line then 👎 !
You have to cross the line to know that the system won't apply a penalty when you cross the line. Incidentally, I don't think it worked for the last lap of a race, I have a feeling someone behind me tried it, as they gained around 2 secs on me just before the end, but they had a 2 second penalty showing in the results.

Having said the above, if someone just wanted to explore it as a proof of concept, they could have done the rest of the lap slowly first so that their time didn't improve their PB, so that counts against them being seen as a "white hat" exploit finder.

Last edited:
You have to cross the line to know that the system won't apply a penalty when you cross the line. Incidentally, I don't think it worked for the last lap of a race, I have a feeling someone behind me tried it, as they gained around 2 secs on me just before the end, but they had a 2 second penalty showing in the results.

Having said the above, if someone just wanted to explore it as a proof of concept, they could have done the rest of the lap slowly first so that their time didn't improve their PB, so that counts against them being seen as a "white hat" exploit finder.

I understand. And you're spot on with the second part of your post 👍 ! I'm ok with testing such a shortcut out of curiosity ( I do that myself every now and then ), maybe get an idea of how big the advantage is ... or the disadvantage if you don't use it. However, as soon as you cross the line, the purpose gets clear which is cheating. That's how I see it :) ... so no excuses for that.

Last edited:
When I discovered it I had his ghost loaded up and set off. First lap I was mucking about and he was miles away so didn't notice it On the second I was right close to him & then he started going to the right at the chicane & I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Crashed full throttle into the chicane with my jaw hitting the floor. :lol:

Needless to say there was some loud choice language heard around my street. So I backed up a bit & drove round that bit I hadn't noticed before to see what would happen knowing my lap was toast & immediately got a penalty. So went and had a butchers at his replay & saw the rascal swerving over to the left to stay on the grass.

I was bloody raging & decided to make a video of it instead of inventing new swear words & give my long suffering neighbours a bit of a rest.

An invisible wall would have been fantastic. If only we could see the looks on the cheaters faces when they found out about it. Would have been brilliant. :lol:

Oh aye, a compilation of their sour faces would be comedy gold. :lol:

That's a great idea, they won't see that coming.
br0u.jpg

Just went to do some more hot lapping at Goodwood & all the times are gone including mine & all my friends. Seems they had a mass cull as the only times visible are in the top 10 & they are dated today.

There are still some times where there is no replay available. My thinking on this is if you arse around so no one can see what you are up to then the time should never stand.

Sick to bloody death of these cheating scum bags.

Ease off the pedal a little there mate, you gotta be nice to our friends who need to cheat so they can feel good about themselves. Is it really their fault that they cant make the leader boards without cheating? I mean what is happening to society? I thought everyone got a trophy now, maybe PD should just rotate everyone thru the top ten in alphabetical order so these poor folks would not feel the need to cheat. One thing we do know is how little integrity they have by allowing their names to be attached to those cheating replays. If someone is really doing it to find out how time they are losing by not cheating why not try it in Time Trial or set up a lobby??

Whatever PD overlooks will get discovered, for sure. There are probably a lot of people like me who have plenty of time and curiosity to slowly explore the new tracks, inside and out. There are still other vulnerable tracks in the game.

*I never use any exploits for qualifying, or in a race. It's just to amuse myself in Time Trial Mode. Oh, but if I'm desperate, I will cheat against the A.I. in GT League. :P

They acted pretty fast,i wonder if they realized the chickane could be exploited but there was no time to fix it before releasing the update.

It's clear PD doesn't care about cheaters or bad/aggressive drivers. In this instance they have clear, irrefutable truth about people gaming the system. It seems they only care about the numbers of people buying the game rather than creating an environment for well-intentioned clean drivers/players. This is not one of those posts where I say I'm quitting the game and never returning. But PD should really put the hammer to people who purposefully game the system and cheat on a regular basis.

Keith.

Fixing the track is one thing. Penalizing the perpetrators is another.

Keith.
I think they did by erasing their times. I'm sure they don't really care to spend the time banning every single person that did it. They did what they could do by fixing the track and wiping the boards and moving on.

Fixing the track is one thing. Penalizing the perpetrators is another.

Keith.

Perpetrators.. lol. You’re talking about a handful of teenagers who had an inflated qualifying time for about half a day at most. Nothing of value was lost.

PD did drop the ban-hammer on players using the pit lane glitch to win Sport Mode races back near launch. That’s actually cheating. Having a qualifying time you can’t get remotely close to in race trim isn’t cheating, it’s just dumb.

I'll just say this and then leave it alone. Those "teenagers" more than likely took away pole positions from other people who truly deserved it.

As far as PD dropping the hammer near the launch of the game. How long ago was that? There are plenty of videos out there, even by some of the top players in the game and they are being "harassed" by a player with an "M" in his name. Again this is irrefutable proof of egregious activity and nothing is done. That's my only main point. If PD really wanted to clean it up, they would. Just my .02.

Keith.

I'll just say this and then leave it alone. Those "teenagers" more than likely took away pole positions from other people who truly deserved it.

As far as PD dropping the hammer near the launch of the game. How long ago was that? There are plenty of videos out there, even by some of the top players in the game and they are being "harassed" by a player with an "M" in his name. Again this is irrefutable proof of egregious activity and nothing is done. That's my only main point. If PD really wanted to clean it up, they would. Just my .02.

Keith.

What? Who is doing that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back