DiRT Rally 2.0 Updates: Porsche 911 and Lancia 037 Available, v1.6 Arrives Next Week

I actually saw the 037 in my Cars List while on the game yesterday.. I was thinking to myself saying what is that :lol:?

I'm excited for another update, making this Sim better and better with each one.. The joy factor in this game is on another level and, to all who don't own this or are on the fence on it still, I say don't even think twice and pull the trigger.

It's that good.

The Porsche 911 is so fun and delicate to control. The rear-mounted engine is like your worst rallying nightmare until you adapt and approach every situation with that in mind. The Rothmans-colored livery was also a nice surprise after Codemasters had been teasing that pink livery. I was actually looking most forward to the returning Lancia 037, but I still need to give it a proper go. Also looking forward to Wales arriving soon.

@PJTierney Monday morning you need to invite all your colleagues to an urgent meeting and remind everyone about the importance of Finland and Greece. Maybe it's already planned for inclusion, but it cannot be stressed too much.

Last edited:
@PJTierney Monday morning you need to invite all your colleagues to an urgent meeting and remind everyone about the importance of Finland and Greece. Maybe it's already planned for inclusion, but it cannot be stressed too much.
I support this. Please all dr1 rallies back regardless the €€xtra

I'm actually having trouble with the Porche. I will get to tame it eventually, but I don't understand very well how this car must be tuned. Perhaps it is better stiffer rear springs than in the front?, I've tried that too and the outcome wasn't as pleasant as I was expecting of this car

On Tarmac, the 911 turns in pretty good, but you gotta be smooth with your brakes cause that back end at times really wants to step out. On gravel it feels planted and stable like it straightens itself out allowing you to see if you can really push it before that back end slips out.

Like @Neilsen says it's delicate to control, but it's fun. The engine is loud and proud and it's probably one of the funnest cars to run in cockpit view (I prefer to race in bonnet cam lol)

Only thing missing in the Porsche are the VDO gauges. Several instruments are close, but not quite right. Still love the car but were these the actual gauges used in the particular car modeled? Maybe there was a copyright concern, but the PC2 911 RSR and the VR4 911SC (though crudely modeled in the latter) have them.

Last edited:
Back