DiRT Rally 2.0 Season 3 DLC Begins With 2001 Focus and Impreza

The Impreza is a bit slower than the Focus but they're both really enjoyable cars overall. The Focus is for great maximum attack while the Subaru is great for consistency and smoothness.

Odd & disappointing they haven't & have no plans to add the '99 Impreza. One of the most iconic cars of the sport & the best out of all the Impreza's. Especially weird since they have about 4-5 Impreza's in the game.

Odd & disappointing they haven't & have no plans to add the '99 Impreza. One of the most iconic cars of the sport & the best out of all the Impreza's. Especially weird since they have about 4-5 Impreza's in the game.

They have plans to add the 97 Impreza since they were seen sound recording one a few months ago.

Is their any liveries available for the Focus that make it even remotely look as it should ? Looks absolutely plain ugly and like the road car in white. It's a shame they haven't modelled the 2003 later evolution of this shape, it was the best.

Is their any liveries available for the Focus that make it even remotely look as it should ? Looks absolutely plain ugly and like the road car in white. It's a shame they haven't modelled the 2003 later evolution of this shape, it was the best.

I mean technically speaking the "main" livery is real, it's the 99 test car livery. I do agree it needs the Martini livery but we all know how that is...

I mean technically speaking the "main" livery is real, it's the 99 test car livery. I do agree it needs the Martini livery but we all know how that is...

Shaken and stirred then please. I mean a fantasy livery with just similar colours should be legal to implement. Like the Rothmans livery on the 911.

What this guy said ^^ Actually most of the alternate livery's are piss poor,In Dirt Rally there was loads of cool proper alternate livery's, this game has practically none? why?? Surely a new version of Dirt Rally would improve on this not take a big step back?
Also,the sound of the Subaru is completely wrong! Whats the story there? In Dirt Rally it was perfect ,a proper boxer engined monster,im baffled as to why it has been binned,it was the appeal of this car in Dirt,actually this is a downgrade from Dirt that we have to pay for,Unbelievable.
While im on the subject,the Audi Quattro grB in Dirt Rally was awsome sounding and correct,For reasons beyond me in 2.0 they have deleted that and copy and pasted the audio from the Pikes Peak S1 which is just wrong again WHY???????????????.

I kinda agree with the sound of the newly added Impreza. The focus has a far more aggressive sound. love that really.

edit: typo

Last edited:
What this guy said ^^ Actually most of the alternate livery's are piss poor,In Dirt Rally there was loads of cool proper alternate livery's, this game has practically none? why?? Surely a new version of Dirt Rally would improve on this not take a big step back?
Also,the sound of the Subaru is completely wrong! Whats the story there? In Dirt Rally it was perfect ,a proper boxer engined monster,im baffled as to why it has been binned,it was the appeal of this car in Dirt,actually this is a downgrade from Dirt that we have to pay for,Unbelievable.
While im on the subject,the Audi Quattro grB in Dirt Rally was awsome sounding and correct,For reasons beyond me in 2.0 they have deleted that and copy and pasted the audio from the Pikes Peak S1 which is just wrong again WHY???????????????.

The 2001 used a modified version of the Grp A Impreza sound in DR. It def have more 'boxer rumble' as it has unequal length headers, but it's not correct as all Impreza WRC cars have equal length headers which alters the sound.

They recorded a proper S7 WRC for D4 and that's what they use in DR2 as well. It may sound a bit thinner but it's the sound of the real car.

This is why I dont agree with Dirt Rally 2's DLC. Its rehashed, and lazy. The die hards love it though so you cant say a bad word.

Is it too much to ask to have a livery selector where I CAN SEE THE LIVERY ON THE CAR? What idiot at CM decided "Let's change the perfectly usable sideview liver selector and make it only show the vehicles from a steep odd corner angle!!" "Wow, what a great idea, Jim! Let's to that!" :banghead:

Is it too much to ask to have a livery selector where I CAN SEE THE LIVERY ON THE CAR? What idiot at CM decided "Let's change the perfectly usable sideview liver selector and make it only show the vehicles from a steep odd corner angle!!" "Wow, what a great idea, Jim! Let's to that!" :banghead:

Yeah, car selection views are not thought through at all.

This is why I dont agree with Dirt Rally 2's DLC. Its rehashed, and lazy. The die hards love it though so you cant say a bad word.

Yep. I just don't understand why we can't have correct or at least very close liveries. I love the Focus WRC car but this doesn't look like one to me. When I do eventually play DR2 this is going to put me off even selecting it, I want to drive one of Colin's cars, not some vague white thing, even if it was used as a test car is not what I remember blasting through the stages :(

Yep. I just don't understand why we can't have correct or at least very close liveries. I love the Focus WRC car but this doesn't look like one to me. When I do eventually play DR2 this is going to put me off even selecting it, I want to drive one of Colin's cars, not some vague white thing, even if it was used as a test car is not what I remember blasting through the stages :(

Complain to Martini, it's out of the licensing departments control unfortunately.

They need to open it up to Steam Workshop, would add so much to the game.

Even if you buy the 3-4 pass, you still need to individually download the 2 cars from the store. At least that is what I had to do.

I think he refers to the BP livery.

Correct. Before someone says I know Colin didn't drive that car, but imo this was the ultimate version of the MK1 Focus WRC car. But tbh any livery somewhere close to any of the official ones would like a darn sight better than a dull white road car, opportunity lost in my book.

Damn, have you had any luck finding the cars yet?

Thing is the "My Add-Ons" arent showing up on my main account although I bought and downloaded season pass and dlc. However, I have the deluxe edition with all of S1 and S2 dlc installed....on my European account. So I'm worried that it might be a syncing issue since I have two accounts with dlc bought on both for the same game. Unfortunately when I first got the game, I didn't realize that I bought the European version and not the American version. :nervous:

Thing is the "My Add-Ons" arent showing up on my main account although I bought and downloaded season pass and dlc. However, I have the deluxe edition with all of S1 and S2 dlc installed....on my European account. So I'm worried that it might be a syncing issue since I have two accounts with dlc bought on both for the same game. Unfortunately when I first got the game, I didn't realize that I bought the European version and not the American version. :nervous:
Yep I'd say that's where your problem is. I'd say you have to contact Codemaster directly to sort the conflict between the accounts, good luck.

Yep I'd say that's where your problem is. I'd say you have to contact Codemaster directly to sort the conflict between the accounts, good luck.
Yeah I posted to their technical assistance forums and it seems I may not be the only one with this issue on PS4. It's weird that this is the only game that I'm having that issue with cause it's fine on all other games in my library. Fingers-crossed.

Back