RaceRoom December Update: New Porsche and BMW Cars, Daylight Progression and More

Haven't tried the update yet but it seems to have split opinion. Some are saying the FFB is broken/doesn't work on their wheel/physics are wrong etc.

I guess you can't please everyone but I'll be annoyed it feels worse. If it feels like Rf2 I'll be very happy.

Haven't tried the update yet but it seems to have split opinion. Some are saying the FFB is broken/doesn't work on their wheel/physics are wrong etc.

I guess you can't please everyone but I'll be annoyed it feels worse. If it feels like Rf2 I'll be very happy.

Im one of them who think its weird now. Before patch i was able to ride any vihecle without problems.
Now this awesome natural feeling is gone completly, cant handle the cars anymore.
I lost control on almost every corner. DTM&Touring tryed yet.
Wasted 2hours of playing arround with the ffb settings but cant reach that old satisfiying feeling :(
Hope its just some weird failure or bug, but if they mean this is the new handling, then they failed hard.
Before patch great feeling of car, now synthetic and lifeless like a generic formula ffb output. :(
But i realy like the new setup ui, awesome! Wish GT-S would have that detailed info about gearing and other stuff.

Hmmm...some cars seem fine whilst others are radically different. Took the group 5 skyline for a rag and if I didn't have the clipping meter on, would have questioned if my ffb was working at all. Really numb and then big spikes of clipped oversteer when pushed very hard into bends. Rear feels like superglue.

I really do like this game - but to get all the content here in Australia it's AU$160, which is too much when there are alternatives for cheaper - AC Comp', PCars2 and Rfactor2 added up to less in various sales and subsequently I have far more content.

If they priced to Au$99 for the premium pack I'd be purchasing.

I really do like this game - but to get all the content here in Australia it's AU$160, which is too much when there are alternatives for cheaper - AC Comp', PCars2 and Rfactor2 added up to less in various sales and subsequently I have far more content.

If they priced to Au$99 for the premium pack I'd be purchasing.

Honestly, you dont need every car, livery and track. A hand full of cars and tracks is more then enough to spend a great time in this game. Basically you can just pick what you prefer and go with that. Honestly, most of us never drive every single car in the bigger racing games, mostly just the stuff we are most interested in. And since RR doesent have any kind of career mode, all you do is just custom championships and race weekends anyway... with your prefered type of race car.

Im one of them who think its weird now. Before patch i was able to ride any vihecle without problems.
Now this awesome natural feeling is gone completly, cant handle the cars anymore.
I lost control on almost every corner. DTM&Touring tryed yet.
Wasted 2hours of playing arround with the ffb settings but cant reach that old satisfiying feeling :(
Hope its just some weird failure or bug, but if they mean this is the new handling, then they failed hard.
Before patch great feeling of car, now synthetic and lifeless like a generic formula ffb output. :(
But i realy like the new setup ui, awesome! Wish GT-S would have that detailed info about gearing and other stuff.

In order to enjoy the update properly, it is crucial to follow these instructions :
1/ Delete any controller preset you created before the update, then choose the default preset for your wheel or create a new one from scratch.
2/ Delete any custom car setups, they're not valid anymore since some new features have been added in physics and FFB.

Hope you will have fun ;)

Still not sure about it. I can definitely feel the point that grip is lost but the feeling of grip in itself doesn't feel there if you know what I mean. I know that race tracks are smooth compared to roads but it's like there's no road feedback from stuff like surface undulations. I've played around with settings but still can't get what I want out of it.

Oh well, more tweaking tonight.

You could try to increase the "Slip Effect" slider, starting with 50%, then tuning until the feeling gets better ;)

Honestly, you dont need every car, livery and track. A hand full of cars and tracks is more then enough to spend a great time in this game. Basically you can just pick what you prefer and go with that. Honestly, most of us never drive every single car in the bigger racing games, mostly just the stuff we are most interested in. And since RR doesent have any kind of career mode, all you do is just custom championships and race weekends anyway... with your prefered type of race car.

Yeah, I know that, but knowing that there's more...
I am overly partial to the 964 cup car for sure, and perhaps a few tracks. Hmm!

Back