Tony Stewart’s Sprint Car Racing Arrives This Month on Console and PC

Kinda weird that a game like this is named after him...no?
He owns the... *breathes in* Ollie's Bargain Outlet All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1 *gasps for air* organising body behind outlaw sprint racing, as well as Macon Speedway in Illinois, Paducah Raceway in Kentucky, and Eldora Speedway in Ohio - all dirt/clay tracks.

He owns the... *breathes in* Ollie's Bargain Outlet All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1 *gasps for air* organising body behind outlaw sprint racing, as well as Macon Speedway in Illinois, Paducah Raceway in Kentucky, and Eldora Speedway in Ohio - all dirt/clay tracks.
Yikes... At least Outlaw Sprint Racing is kind of a fitting name.

Man! Why would any company attach this guys name to any product that has to do with racing. Of course this being America you have some people who don't think what he did was wrong. PC

Modders get a hold of this game they're going to get very creative.

Man! Why would any company attach this guys name to any product that has to do with racing. Of course this being America you have some people who don't think what he did was wrong. PC

That's probably because people like you and others like to spread the misinformation about what actually happened. People who haven't been around sprint car racing making judgment calls from their computard chairs. Look at all angles at what happened before claiming something was on purpose.

Also, do keep in mind at no disrespect for the person who passed away it is a basic knowledge at ANY race that you stay in the car and NEVER walk down to the live area of the race track unless you are on fire or the cars are stopped. Doesn't matter if "so and so has done it before" you don't end up hurt if you do not purposely do something as stupid as walk down into the hot lane waving your fist in the air. Common Sense is needed, not emotions.

This game looks like trash regardless of who's name is on it. The physics and graphics look pretty bad. Hopefully I am proven wrong.

Personally, I can't wait until its released. But it definitely needs real tracks! And lots more drivers. I want to race with the guys I know, on the tracks I go to! Maybe they will update the game and add some more drivers and actual tracks!

$20 game, good luck getting licensing for real tracks and real drivers/sponsors etc. But with so few dirt track games coming to console I will support it and hope for the best game possible. Have to start somewhere.

24 unique tracks?

Or 24 identical tracks with slightly different surface/stands/backdrop?

24 unique tracks?

Or 24 identical tracks with slightly different surface/stands/backdrop?
You get a choice of a unique dirt track that runs counter-clockwise in an oval, a unique dirt track that also runs counter-clockwise in an oval with higher banking, a unique dirt track that runs counter-clockwise in an oval at night, and a unique dirt track that runs counter-clockwise in a tri-oval, and a...

The tony hawk thing of putting your name in front of the actual title of a sports game only worked for tony hawk.Lets see if Stewart can break the curse.

Game doesn't look promising, physics don't look great, and the proportions of the wings on the cars is all funky too which annoys me kinda.

Since iRacing is unfortunately the only option for sprintcars though, I dunno maybe I'll try this when it goes on sale for $5 or something.

The tracks can be seen here (time stamp isn't quite right but close enough :indiff:):

Don't bother, he's just trying to disguise his ignorance as condescending humor.

Most important questions.

Is it:
  1. Arcade, simcade or sim
  2. How is the handling
  3. How is the physics engine
  4. How is the tire model
  5. Is it triple monitor compatible
  6. Is it VR compatible
?

I was going to add - 7. Wheel support - but I noticed on some gameplay that it has a wheel option.

I would like to know from wheel users what it feels like and welcome any reviews / impressions from GTPlanet members.

Last edited:
That's probably because people like you and others like to spread the misinformation about what actually happened. People who haven't been around sprint car racing making judgment calls from their computard chairs. Look at all angles at what happened before claiming something was on purpose.

Also, do keep in mind at no disrespect for the person who passed away it is a basic knowledge at ANY race that you stay in the car and NEVER walk down to the live area of the race track unless you are on fire or the cars are stopped. Doesn't matter if "so and so has done it before" you don't end up hurt if you do not purposely do something as stupid as walk down into the hot lane waving your fist in the air. Common Sense is needed, not emotions.

This game looks like trash regardless of who's name is on it. The physics and graphics look pretty bad. Hopefully I am proven wrong.

Misinformation? He stabbed the gas clear as day passing him. Yes, a man should not be on the track but Tony had all the power not to make what happened happen. No, he had to try and intimidate him instead. A degree of responsibility rests on both parties, but that Tony got away scott free is a disgrace. The least he deserves is to have this incident mentioned whenever his name is.

This is probably not a game for me. I'm enjoying Wreckfest too much and I'm going to start playing 1nsane again. Also Dirt2, 3, 4 and Rally 2.0 is on my computer. Enough offroad stuff to keep me busy for a while.

Misinformation? He stabbed the gas clear as day passing him. Yes, a man should not be on the track but Tony had all the power not to make what happened happen. No, he had to try and intimidate him instead. A degree of responsibility rests on both parties, but that Tony got away scott free is a disgrace. The least he deserves is to have this incident mentioned whenever his name is.

That is where the misinformation is. You are saying he was the only one that stabbed the gas in that area of the track. Sprint Car drivers do that on cautions all the time to see how traction is on the track and keep the right rear warm. At the angle that guy was coming down the track he was not even in Tony's line of site. There is a pretty good blind spot where the wing comes down on the right side of the car. So there was no "trying to intimidate" anyone. Tony definitely didn't get away scott free. Only an imbecile would make comments like that. They took it to court and he was found not guilty. Not because of his name but because the evidence proved the case. I am sure if the roles were reversed you would be saying "Tony deserved to get hit".

Also, if you have to put a "but" behind "A man shouldn't be on the track" then you are missing the true point. It is, "The man shouldn't have been on the track." End of discussion. For the record, if Tony were the one who ran down the track and got hit I would be saying the exact same thing I am now but just in defense of the other driver. Use common sense. Stay off the track.

I've only just watched some gameplay of this game and it looks to me the physics are near the same as the "Xtreme Dirt Tour" Late Models in Heat 4, they maybe look a tad bit more loose like they should be in the turns but it still looks like they have to much grip and are difficult to keep or get sideways like how they usually race irl. For reference In Heat 4 it feels like traction control is on even though it's off which makes the late models kinda boring to drive.

The tony hawk thing of putting your name in front of the actual title of a sports game only worked for tony hawk.Lets see if Stewart can break the curse.
:confused:

ivan.jpg ayrton.png nigel.jpg colin.jpg

Don't bother, he's just trying to disguise his ignorance as condescending humor.
I thought as much but chose to contribute something more meaningful to the thread ;).

Even back in PS 2 days on The World of Outlaws game every track was distinctly different and evolved over the course of the meeting. I'd like to think this has been improved and expanded on with this game.

Kinda weird that a game like this is named after him...no?
This game is basically a carbon copy of the original Sprint Cars: Road to Knoxville (PS2) made by Ratbag, which feature a whole lot of fictional drivers, mostly fictional tracks (but some like Knoxville Speedway were real) and just 1 real driver, TONY STEWART.

I find really weird that NotRatbag has gone this route instead of fleshing out what they had done in the NASCAR games. Their physics model fits cars a lot more so they could've done something like Street Stock, Pro Stock and Late Models instead of Midgets, Wingless Sprints and Sprint Cars.

This game is basically a carbon copy of the original Sprint Cars: Road to Knoxville (PS2) made by Ratbag, which feature a whole lot of fictional drivers, mostly fictional tracks (but some like Knoxville Speedway were real) and just 1 real driver, TONY STEWART.

I find really weird that NotRatbag has gone this route instead of fleshing out what they had done in the NASCAR games. Their physics model fits cars a lot more so they could've done something like Street Stock, Pro Stock and Late Models instead of Midgets, Wingless Sprints and Sprint Cars.
Right game, wrong developer ;).

Ratbag made World of Outlaws: Sprint Cars 2002 which had 12 real world tracks, 24 real drivers, and is still the best sprint car game I've played so far (*but I haven't tried iRacing yet and I'd think it's far better).

World Of Outlaws Sprintcars 2002.jpg

Back