Tony Stewart’s Sprint Car Racing Arrives This Month on Console and PC

I thought as much but chose to contribute something more meaningful to the thread ;).

Even back in PS 2 days on The World of Outlaws game every track was distinctly different and evolved over the course of the meeting. I'd like to think this has been improved and expanded on with this game.

One would hope it's better here, although I just don't find the footage available so far to look very promising. I haven't played a sprint car game that has done any aspect of it as well as WoO 2002 from back in the PS2 days though, so maybe I'm just jaded but I find it hard to be too optimistic.

All of the Ratbag titles I played have been better than any other attempts at dirt track racing from other studios I've tried... Although I'm sure iRacing is a step above.

I still have my copy of WoO 2002, signed by a handful of drivers in the game... Even though my PS2 died a number of years ago.

Right game, wrong developer ;).

Ratbag made World of Outlaws: Sprint Cars 2002 which had 12 real world tracks, 24 real drivers, and is still the best sprint car game I've played so far (*but I haven't tried iRacing yet and I'd think it's far better).

View attachment 890607
Got it wrong, although both Big Ant and Ratbag are Australian studios so, you know, maybe they're somewhat related... Big Ant did the best dirt track racing career mode I've ever seen in Sprint Cars 2 Showdown at Eldora (7 vehicle classes, each with 3 or 4 series, with you having to buy each individual spare part and all that). It's a shame that Big Ant never got a bigger budget because those 2 games have very good concepts (first games with dirt roadcourses, something 704 used in their NASCAR games) and I gotta admit I don't expect anything positive from this game because 704's dirt physics are still based on the Street Stock-oriented ones from Dirt2Daytona and these small open-wheelers are NOTHING like that!

Seems interesting that it wasn't launched at the same time. I was always under the impression that New Zealand and Australia had a pretty lively sprint car culture (for their sizes, of course).

Might look at picking this up just to see how it runs - the last game I played with sprint cars in it was ToCA 3. :lol:

Have you tried this game yet @killerjimbag .... or anyone else? I'd be interested to know your opinions if you have.

Meanwhile.... looks to be the 6th for us.

I will be getting it this week. A few of my American buddies say it's ok. Pretty much the same as Nascar Heat 4 dirt racing. Just different cars. Same developer. I grew up at dirt tracks as a kid
MERRITVILLE SPEEDWAY.

I will be getting it this week. A few of my American buddies say it's ok. Pretty much the same as Nascar Heat 4 dirt racing. Just different cars. Same developer. I grew up at dirt tracks as a kid
MERRITVILLE SPEEDWAY.
I haven't played that game so I'm not sure what it's like. I'll probably just bite the bullet and get this anyway.

I also grew up at dirt tracks, although my wife claims I'll never grow up (she's probably right!). Every Friday night was speedway night for years at Rowley Park until it's demise in '79. I still go now and then, but only to the bikes at Gillman Speedway... it's our only track left now that Speedway City is up for sale and not looking likely to get back on it's feet.

I have been playing this game recently since the Sprint Car Racing and All American Racing games were released together on one disc. I have played TQ Midget mostly and am 7 races in to career mode.

I enjoy the fact that you can't win without tuning on the Legend difficulty. The setups for this game can be tricky but very rewarding at the same time. I have not played NASCAR Heat 4 so I cannot compare it but there is a challenging aspect to traction entering and exiting corners. As a Dirt Rally 1 and 2 fan, WRC 7 series fan and so on, I find the dirt track physics to be good.

Track degradation or "rubbering up" happens as the practice, qualifier, heats and mains progress. I cant say for sure that the track surface changes throughout the race, it seems to, but it definitely changes with each race for the event. Also, holding down the throttle and never lifting WILL overheat your engine. So far I have managed to damage aero and once began overheating but lifting on corner entry for a few laps will cool it down a bit.

As for parts, its a choice between durability and performance. Only the highest tier stuff for each level of parts (1-3) has both good perfomance and durability. Of course, they also cost the most and it could be a season of two before your car is carrying Tier 3 parts.

In short, I think it is worth an honest try for anyone who enjoys SIM racing for sport of for fun. I could almost promise that once you get into an A Main on Legend difficulty, you may find yourself leaning hard to the left for no reason.

Last edited:
I have been playing this game recently since the Sprint Car Racing and All American Racing games were released together on one disc. I have played TQ Midget mostly and am 7 races in to career mode.

I enjoy the fact that you can't win without tuning on the Legend difficulty. The setups for this game can be tricky but very rewarding at the same time. I have not played NASCAR Heat 4 so I cannot compare it but there is a challenging aspect to traction entering and exiting corners. As a Dirt Rally 1 and 2 fan, WRC 7 series fan and so on, I find the dirt track physics to be good.

Track degradation or "rubbering up" happens as the practice, qualifier, heats and mains progress. I cant say for sure that the track surface changes throughout the race, it seems to, but it definitely changes with each race for the event. Also, holding down the throttle and never lifting WILL overheat your engine. So far I have managed to damage aero and once began overheating but lifting on corner entry for a few laps will cool it down a bit.

As for parts, its a choice between durability and performance. Only the highest tier stuff for each level of parts (1-3) has both good perfomance and durability. Of course, they also cost the most and it could be a season of two before your car is carrying Tier 3 parts.

In short, I think it is worth an honest try for anyone who enjoys SIM racing for sport of for fun. I could almost promise that once you get into an A Main on Legend difficulty, you may find yourself leaning hard to the left for no reason.
I ended up getting the Sprint car game when it first was made available in Australia and really did like it but on my base PS4 it was unplayable. There's nothing worse than going through all the leadup events, then fighting for the lead in the A main only to have frame rate drops so bad that I'd be exiting the corner, the game would stall and I'd have no steering. Next thing I know I'm in the fence.

I've got a PS5 now and there's hopefully been some patches since last time I played it so I might have to give it a go again.... and yeah, I was leaning to the left too :)

I ended up getting the Sprint car game when it first was made available in Australia and really did like it but on my base PS4 it was unplayable. There's nothing worse than going through all the leadup events, then fighting for the lead in the A main only to have frame rate drops so bad that I'd be exiting the corner, the game would stall and I'd have no steering. Next thing I know I'm in the fence.

I've got a PS5 now and there's hopefully been some patches since last time I played it so I might have to give it a go again.... and yeah, I was leaning to the left too :)

I hope the game works for you. I have taken my PS4 apart multiple times to dust it out and clean the fans. Your corner exit lag could be due to console overheating because of dust build up. Don't do it if you are uncomfortable with electronics, however it worked for me when GT Sport would overheat and crash my PS4. I have only raced offline so if you were experiencing the lag online, then I really can't say.

I hope the game works for you. I have taken my PS4 apart multiple times to dust it out and clean the fans. Your corner exit lag could be due to console overheating because of dust build up. Don't do it if you are uncomfortable with electronics, however it worked for me when GT Sport would overheat and crash my PS4. I have only raced offline so if you were experiencing the lag online, then I really can't say.
It was definitely frame drops and not overheating that was the issue as I haven't had issues with heat on any other games that are hard work for the base PS4, like ACC which I had frame rate issues with but they were cured by the PS5 👍. I've been playing a lot of Wreckfest on the PS5 too and that's now both stunning and silky smooth compared to how it was on the PS4. Both of those titles were far more playable on the base PS4 than TSSprintcars though.

What input are you using? I've tried with both wheel and controller and I think I was marginally quicker with the controller, but it was still really good with my wheel once I dialled the settings in a bit. I could definitely see a lot of potential in this game last time I played it.

It was definitely frame drops and not overheating that was the issue as I haven't had issues with heat on any other games that are hard work for the base PS4, like ACC which I had frame rate issues with but they were cured by the PS5 👍. I've been playing a lot of Wreckfest on the PS5 too and that's now both stunning and silky smooth compared to how it was on the PS4. Both of those titles were far more playable on the base PS4 than TSSprintcars though.

What input are you using? I've tried with both wheel and controller and I think I was marginally quicker with the controller, but it was still really good with my wheel once I dialled the settings in a bit. I could definitely see a lot of potential in this game last time I played it.

Thrustmaster T150 with the T3PA pedals. My PS4 is a second hand Call of Duty Black Ops III 1TB edition. It didnt read discs so I had to take it apart and clean everything before it could read GT Sport, the only reason I upgraded to PS4. I am happy to hear the games work for you now.

For wheel settings, I found that lowering the steering lock down to 3 in the Tony Stewart setup menu helped a lot. For sensitivity, I have them set for gentle lift of the throttle on corner entry and extremely light brake pressure. The wheel, I set so you could turn the wheel 180 degrees left or right before it hits the soft steering stop. I have about 360 degrees of wheel movement and you can adjust the sensitivity so that the slider moves steadily from lock to lock instead of it being really touchy near the center and super slow on the ends.

Back