Xbox Series X First Gameplay Footage Coming May 7

I’m really looking forward to this. As a PS4 owner I will probably be buying a Series X instead of a PS5 when the next generation consoles are released going by what I have seen and read so far. However, I won’t purchase anything for at least around a year after release because by then it will be obvious which is the better console.

I can't wait to see the next Rally games although I think I'm going to have to wait quite a while for these :(

I’m really looking forward to this. As a PS4 owner I will probably be buying a Series X instead of a PS5 when the next generation consoles are released going by what I have seen and read so far. However, I won’t purchase anything for at least around a year after release because by then it will be obvious which is the better console.
That’s a good idea. However you’d be surprised what can change in a consoles lifetime. PS3 did terribly against Xbox360 for the first few years, but by the end of their lifecycle it outsold Xbox360.

THAT'S MY BIRTHDAY!! HOLY ****!! :lol::lol: Wow the seventh of may will be a great day i guess lol

Last edited by a moderator:

I'll be making the switch as well... sort of. By the end of each generation I always end up with both, but will only own one for the first 70% or so of the decade. With last gen and the gen before, the PS3 and PS4 won me over, but I think I'll be starting with Xbox this time.

I just don't have any reason to own PlayStation anymore now that they've noosed all of the exclusives I loved the most (Resistance, Twisted Metal, Killzone, MotorStorm, Driveclub, etc) in exchange for nothing but narrative-driven adventure games I have no interest in glancing over twice (Days Gone, Detroit Become Human, Spider-Man, God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, The Last of Us, Death Stranding, etc). Their library just isn't diverse enough anymore, no good FPS games or arcade racers whatsoever. The beginning of the PS4's life started strong with an assortment of games like Horizon Zero Dawn, Killzone 4, LBP3, Driveclub, and Bloodborne, but now they're just a one trick pony with the major exclusives. I think GT Sport is the only wildcard of the bunch.
Likewise, after being introduced to Forza for the first time with the Xbox One, along with its (in my opinion) superior indie library, I have more reason to stick with Xbox. Especially if this "Windows Mode" rumour is true, which would be an absolute game changer. Being able to access the entire Steam game library would be the final say in my decision.

They wont show the next Forza there. 1st party games will be shown at another event in summer (most likely in june)

So do. Good luck in one year. Enjoy both consoles.

Im hoping there will be enough differentiation between ps5 and series x to justify owning both this generation, I skipped the last xbox because of a lack of exclusives that were compelling. The 360 was so much better for unique content. Fingers crossed this generation will be less homogenised games wise, the convergence of tech specs means this is more important than ever...

I've got both this gen and although this is the best of both worlds it's been overwhelming as I simply just don't have the time to fully play everything so as a consequence I have a huge back log. My plan is to buy one next time, I'm leaning towards Xbox but not 100% decided at the moment, I'm going to sit back and watch how it develops, I'm certainly in no rush.

For me IT alle depends on the Forza 8 and new GT wich i Will buy first..... Iam affrait IT Will be Forza and Xbox but maybe GT surprises.....

That’s a good idea. However you’d be surprised what can change in a consoles lifetime. PS3 did terribly against Xbox360 for the first few years, but by the end of their lifecycle it outsold Xbox360.
Very true. We can only go by a console's capabilities at the time of purchase, whenever that might be in its lifecycle. This generation Xbox had a terrible start but I believe the One X is a really good console (superior to PS4 Pro?).

I don't see a need to buy the new X-Box since most if not all of the exclusives I would want that appeared on the current console are now also being made availalbe on Windows. So I can play Forza without buying an X-Box and having another box under the TV.

Very true. We can only go by a console's capabilities at the time of purchase, whenever that might be in its lifecycle. This generation Xbox had a terrible start but I believe the One X is a really good console (superior to PS4 Pro?).
While capabilities are important, the games are more important. It's no good having the more powerful console if the better games (games you like most) are on the other one.

Which games you prefer will probably be subjective, I like games on both consoles but I don't purchase many games. FF7 remake being the only purchase so far this year and the only reason I've booted up my PS4 in a long time. But I can get the X-Box games I want on Windows now so they've actually made purchasing an X-Box a non-starter for me.

Besides, I do far more casual gaminig now on my laptop so I may end up not buying either for a long time.

Last edited:
Looking forward to this. Going to be a great way to start off the bank holiday weekend!

I haven't watched any videos yet but when I get home I will. Looks like a big variety of games. Sony fanboys will be the only ones to find issues.

It sounds like they are really trying to have a balanced library with something for everyone, which hasn't really been a thing for an Xbox console since the original.

I'm a bit underwhelmed, not with the graphics as they are pretty much what I expected, but with the actual games shown. There wasn't much that excites me shown today, but today is just one day and there will be more games than these. Dirt 5 looks good though.

This part intrigued me, i don't know what game it is and the gameplay though, looks just cinematics.
Screenshot_2020-05-07-12-33-31.png

I can see why people were annoyed, Microsoft needs to learn the definition of "gameplay", should have just said we're going to show a bunch of trailers.

The graphics were underwhelming imo. I guess whilst there are still no Series X exclusive games nothing will look jaw dropping because they have to be based on running current gen.

Back