Forza Horizon 4 Coming to Xbox Series X, With 4K and 60fps

I
I am so tired of Horizon actually.

I was so hoping for Forza 8 this year.
But nope :(
Im assuming it’s not coming out this year because of the car list. They take ages to make for the game, so putting in 400+ takes loads of time.

I have high hopes for Pcars 3 :)

its a must and in one month we can play it.

Dirt 5 I won‘t buy.
Too faw away from the Dirt 2.0 which I liked very much.

@matrix_gt1
Turn 10 has enough outsources studios that work for them and make cars for them.
Not releasing in 2020 is a huge mistake and they will soon understand why.

I have high hopes for Pcars 3 :)

its a must and in one month we can play it.

Dirt 5 I won‘t buy.
Too faw away from the Dirt 2.0 which I liked very much.

@matrix_gt1
Turn 10 has enough outsources studios that work for them and make cars for them.

Same here, I was kind of thinking skipping of PC3 if Forza8 would be released this year but now that is not the case my interest in PC3 increases.

Dirt5 looked allright but I am not really into dirt racing.

@matrix_gt1

I would have loved to see this in 2020, too. But in this case it would have been just a ray-traced Forza 7 and a crossgen game held back by Xbox One. I excpected them to do this, but instead they decided to go full-next gen, which is better in the long term.

I dont see how this should be a huge mistake? Their competition (GT7) wont be released before late 2021. And knowing Polyphonys history in development time...

Basically seems like it will use current maxed out PC settings or close to it. Night and day compared to the Xbox One X even. I have it mostly maxed out on my PC playing 4k at 60Hz and it looks amazing. It doesn't take a super high end PC to max this game out, I'm still running off of 4-5 year old hardware. Smashing into rock walls with a Lambo is memorizing seeing the rocks fly everywhere. I love this sandbox playground. With the next version of Forza Motorsport taking a bit longer than expected, we'll likely get attention in FH4 for a while with new cars, possibly new features. No complaints here. I can't wait for the Series X.

I would have loved to see this in 2020, too. But in this case it would have been just a ray-traced Forza 7 and a crossgen game held back by Xbox One. I excpected them to do this, but instead they decided to go full-next gen, which is better in the long term.

I dont see how this should be a huge mistake? Their competition (GT7) wont be released before late 2021. And knowing Polyphonys history in development time...

Better have a last „hurra“ for Xbox One with ultra content then having to wait another year ;)

HZ4 got so many great cars I wanted to race in Forza 8.
But nope - in 2021 we are talking about 4 years break and thats just too much.

But it is what it is.
All eyes on PC3 now, at least this year.

Thing is, we might see Horizon 5 next year as crossgen and FM in 2022. Horizon works perfect with current formula and just need some new setting, while Motorsport struggle more and more this gen.

Hopefully the game receives some more content when it makes the move to next gen. The monthly updates and festival playlists are well and good, but I’d like to see some sort of expansion the future, somewhere new to explore and something new to do.

Thing is, we might see Horizon 5 next year as crossgen and FM in 2022. Horizon works perfect with current formula and just need some new setting, while Motorsport struggle more and more this gen.
Not gonna happen. I really do not see or believe Forza Horizon 5 coming any time soon, especially next year which will be Forza Motorsport's year and now we have Fable (yes, different teams at PG is working on it, but PG would want to give that game the attention it needs for the time being). We're sticking with FH4 all the way until FM-rebooted comes out.

TokoTurismo is right. They'll continue to leapfrog the FM and FH games. FM8 will come out first, and then about a year later, we should get FH5. It's just taking longer this go around, because T10 needed more time to completely rebuild FM, not just for next gen hardware, but also to address the years of fans concerns and complaints.

TokoTurismo is right. They'll continue to leapfrog the FM and FH games. FM8 will come out first, and then about a year later, we should get FH5. It's just taking longer this go around, because T10 needed more time to completely rebuild FM, not just for next gen hardware, but also to address the years of fans concerns and complaints.
Couldn't have put it any better myself. 👍 So true!

And to be honest. I'm sort of glad T10 is taking the time to complete this forza for us, even though I would love to have it right now haha. 2021 is sounding to be the year Forza Motorsport rebooted will drop our way, and hey, at least Halo won't be in the way (I hope) Can't wait until next year, and hope T10 keeps us posted on their development of FM. 👍

Not gonna happen.
Than, we don't see any Forza until 2022, because "no xsx exclusives for two years"(c) Phil Spencer. This would be four years without Forza. Three years is perfectly fine for another Forza Horizon game development(2014-2016-2018) and I don't see another candidate for fall 2021 release.

Last edited:
Hopefully the game receives some more content when it makes the move to next gen. The monthly updates and festival playlists are well and good, but I’d like to see some sort of expansion the future, somewhere new to explore and something new to do.
I'd like to see this too but it's very unlikely IMO, which is a shame for sure,

Than, we don't see any Forza until 2022, because "no xsx exclusives for two years"(c) Phil Spencer.
Doubt it. It's already been said 2021 is the target date we will see Forza Motorsport. Plus the "no xsx exclusives" is flawed IMO. The game is confirmed as an exclusive to the Xbox series X and PC.

This would be four years without Forza. Three years is perfectly fine for another Forza Horizon game development(2014-2016-2018) and I don't see another candidate for fall 2021 release.
No, it is not perfectly fine if FH4 is still going strong even in 2020. There is no need for a sequel at all. 2021 is the target date for Forza Motorsport, especially if it's a GaaS title like iRacing.

I don't see myself getting series x until horizon5 drops. I'm more of a pc2 racer anyway. FM8 has alot to prove at this point

No, it is not perfectly fine if FH4 is still going strong even in 2020. There is no need for a sequel at all. 2021 is the target date for Forza Motorsport, especially if it's a GaaS title like iRacing.

They might drop this with limited content next year and expand it in the next 5+ years. It seems to be the new strategy at Microsoft, because they are doing the same thing with Halo. Release it on Gamepass, expand und support it on Gamepass instead of releasing a sequel, encouraging people to stick with the title and their Gamepass subscription. I think in terms of content and ongoing support, this next game might be very differebt from Forza 7, which had a lot of content with its release, but very disappointing post-release support. Since this might be the new strategy at Microsoft, they could do the same with Forza Horizon... a reboot un 2022 and maybe a new location every two years...

They might drop this with limited content next year and expand it in the next 5+ years. It seems to be the new strategy at Microsoft, because they are doing the same thing with Halo. Release it on Gamepass, expand und support it on Gamepass instead of releasing a sequel, encouraging people to stick with the title and their Gamepass subscription. I think in terms of content and ongoing support, this next game might be very differebt from Forza 7, which had a lot of content with its release, but very disappointing post-release support. Since this might be the new strategy at Microsoft, they could do the same with Forza Horizon... a reboot un 2022 and maybe a new location every two years...
You're not too far from that fact, and this is what I think as well. MS seems really interested in pushing gamepass now, making it their new standard in gaming and making games as GaaS models to help not only it, but also benefit the developers who include their games in it as well. So everything you've said makes a lot of sense when you think deep into MS's new marketing strategy. :)

Forza Horizon rebooted would be very interesting though. New maps every two years (hopefully yearly hehe) sounds really enticing! :D

Still no VR for Xbox. You really don't know what you're missing if you've never played a driving sim in VR. Pity really as the hardware is easily powerful enough this coming generation. Raceroom etc are great but I'd still really love to play something like Horizon in VR.

Back