3D Car Viewer? Autovista GT Style?

• Thread starter TayeezSA
  • 20 comments

GT Autovista

• Total voters
South Africa
Johannesburg
Tayeedz1
I've been waiting for this feature for a while, since GT5P actually. I'd really love to appreciate and really oogle at the work and passion gone into modelling the Premium cars of Gran Turismo. Just to see every little detail, zoom in, light effects on the vehicles, have 360 degree views of the interiors and exteriors ,where I'm in control of looking at the car and not having fixed cameras panning on the cars. Heck even to see the car in different backgrounds like in a home garage, racetrack garage, driveway, vehicle showroom, Sandton at night, you name it! The closest thing to this right now is just the photo travel option. Why not something like our own kind of Autovista.

Will this be a feature in Gran Turismo in the near future?

I think this is a worthy question, but I wonder if just being able to open the doors, hoods, etc. in Photo Mode wouldn't be pretty much the same. (Plus, we would be able to take pics and share them! :) )

I think this is a worthy question, but I wonder if just being able to open the doors, hoods, etc. in Photo Mode wouldn't be pretty much the same. (Plus, we would be able to take pics and share them! :) )

We didn't get those Demonstrations in different potential Photo Mode areas from GT4-5 for nothing though. Would be nice to just look at the cars and appreciate

Without even digging too deep, that 22B model is pretty subpar for Forza. I work in visual effects and model cars often, and after just looking at a couple exterior images, I can see the shape of the taillights isn't right, the detail in the headlights and taillights is not right at all, the color isn't even right.......

On the topic of the question, an Autovista style mode would be kind of cool, but if it could be integrated into Photomode, it would open up even more possibilities. Even though we have lots of detailed interiors, there may not be some features of the cars modeled, like the door jams, so opening doors may not be available. If we could at least wind windows down in that case, to sweep through interiors, and remove convertible tops, that would be a step in the right direction.

Without even digging too deep, that 22B model is pretty subpar for Forza. I work in visual effects and model cars often, and after just looking at a couple exterior images, I can see the shape of the taillights isn't right, the detail in the headlights and taillights is not right at all, the color isn't even right.......

On the topic of the question, an Autovista style mode would be kind of cool, but if it could be integrated into Photomode, it would open up even more possibilities. Even though we have lots of detailed interiors, there may not be some features of the cars modeled, like the door jams, so opening doors may not be available. If we could at least wind windows down in that case, to sweep through interiors, and remove convertible tops, that would be a step in the right direction.

I also picked up that the their model was off. Weird proportions.

I'd prefer it to be separate from photomode but still use the locations given to us. Heck, even the home garage to view the car would be nice. Looking around the interior and exterior at your own whim.

The issue with photomode right now is that if I just want to look at the car, it feels very limited. Even if I wanna make use of pan shots in different environments for video use.

We have such lovely Gallery Views for the Vision GT cars but not a few garages or environments just to have our own kind of Autovista. I remember GT5 and GT5P had a gang of locations to just have your car to oogle at through planned panning shots but in GT6 it's just not there.

I also just want the ability to have freedom and look around the car in and out. Like I said in my first post. To appreciate the hard work gone in to model and feature these cars.

I like autovista in Forza but I think that's unlikely to happen in GT anytime soon.

One option that I think is possible to add to GT6 is to be able to freely rotate and look around the car in the garage & dealership. It's really annoying when I'm choosing a color for a car in the dealership and I have to wait for the car to rotate to a certain angle to know how certain parts of the car will look with certain color patterns (the Aston Martin VGT that was added last week for instance). To me that would a lot more useful than gallery view.
That's something that should be fairly simply to include in GT6 through an update.

I suppose on PS4 it can happen. Since the Premium cars in GT6 are pretty much next-gen ready it should just be a matter of beefing up textures, lighting and they're good to go. I dunno if doors will be able to open and all of that stuff but it would be nice.

Photo mode..... ;)

Also Gallery. I actually looked at that after someone suggested the similarity. That could be very nice.

Photo mode..... ;)

Also Gallery. I actually looked at that after someone suggested the similarity. That could be very nice.

Photo Mode is meant for taking photos, not to look at an appreciate. Don't you just get those days when you just stare at your car inside and out and appreciate how good it looks?

Maybe a better version of Gallery View that's similar to Autovista.

I have used photo mode to view my car and look at it from many different angles. You don't HAVE to take a picture to use it... ;)

But, I also agree. However, does autovista always move, like the Gallery shots? If it does, then being able to use photo mode makes even more sense because you can set a picture and just leave it until you want to move again. :)

I have used photo mode to view my car and look at it from many different angles. You don't HAVE to take a picture to use it... ;)

But, I also agree. However, does autovista always move, like the Gallery shots? If it does, then being able to use photo mode makes even more sense because you can set a picture and just leave it until you want to move again. :)

It's not the same though. I agree that you can use photo mode but there has to be a better way. Man I wished Gallery View also did interior angles. Autovista can move on its own or you can move it yourself. Look at the video on my 2nd post.

I love the new Full screen camera in the 1.10 update ;) ,too bad it doesn`t apply to all cars (if you can`t customise a car at all you can still get full screen but with filled with the "you cant do that " screen)

As for Forza , this model is from Forza 2....it is like a standard car carried over.The model is bad...really bad as with other forza models that carried over ,they said they remade every car model ,what a lie they still have the same visual mistakes :D

I love the new Full screen camera in the 1.10 update ;) ,too bad it doesn`t apply to all cars (if you can`t customise a car at all you can still get full screen but with filled with the "you cant do that " screen)

As for Forza , this model is from Forza 2....it is like a standard car carried over.The model is bad...really bad as with other forza models that carried over ,they said they remade every car model ,what a lie they still have the same visual mistakes :D

I noticed that the car looked off but what surprises me is that according to what you said, it's a model from Forza 2?!?!?! Daaaaaaaaaaaamn suhn.... but hey at least it was touched up and given an interior :D

They did my beloved 22B dirty :(

They surely updated the model but like many other it still has the same structure...and it is off. Go check Forza 2-3-4 Impreza 22b model and you will understand what I am saying :)

EDIT: Also still in Forza 3 and 4 looks a bit off compared to other models

I really like your idea.

Back