3rd GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship (Season Opening)

• Thread starter Kakundoo
  • 867 comments
Kakundoo
GTP Formula 1 World Championship​

Hello all, welcome to the 3rd unofficial GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship for Formula 1 Championship Edition. This is being organised and as such, drivers of all levels of skill are welcome!

Unforunately, with the loss of online for the NTSC version of the F1 game, this Championship can only be held for people with the PAL version of the game.

Race organisers:
Kakundoo

Race Schedule:
Race 11: Budapest
Weather: Sunny
Time and date: Sunday 15th November, 9pm GMT​

Rules

• The maximum drivers participating will be 10, in order to keep teams even.
  • All drivers must be part of a team to compete.
  • Each team must have no more than 2 drivers.
  • Points are awarded as follows:
1st:10 pts
2nd:8 pts
3rd:6 pts
4th:5 pts
5th:4 pts
6th:3 pts
7th:2 pts
8th:1 pt.
Also, 1 point for fastest lap.
  • Drivers must start at least one race to be counted in the championship.
  • If you are unable to make the race, please notify me or one of the race organisors, you will be marked as a DNQ and recieve no points.
  • If you want to allow someone else to take your position at a team, or if a team wishes to make a driver change, then the driver being changed will effectively be forfeitting the championship. Any points scored before hand will still be counted, but any achieved afterwards will be counted towards the new driver. This does not affect the team's points however.
  • Collisions and damage will be on - which means we expect all drivers to wait for any drivers they have accidentally knocked out of the race and give their position back. It is the responsibility of the car behind to avoid accidents. The car in front should never have to wait if involved in an accident. If brake testing was involved, then obviously it will need to be proved.
  • During racing, it is also expected of all drivers to comply with the 1 block rule. Any drivers found to be repeatedly ignoring this rule will firstly have points docked, and, if the driver still refuses to comply, the driver will be kicked from the championship and lose all points.
    The one block rule is referring to the standard rule employed in most motor racing, where only one block is allowed on a straight and then the driver blocking has to commit to that new line.
    The rule applies only to the upcoming corner, it resets for the next corner and so on, so you can keep blocking through a sequence of corners, but you can't repeatedly block on a straight.
    The main reason this is done is to avoid accidents, keep the racing going and also to encourage more elaborate strategies about how to keep ahead of the guy behind, such as allowing him to pass but then pressuring him into a mistake or taking new lines around the track which force him to allow you past, etc.
  • It is up to the drivers to ensure that everyone is racing for fun first and foremost and to ensure that everyone is given fair racing room and respected equally on the track. However, if arguments arise over racing incidents, warnings and instant bans will be enforced - all points will be taken off and the driver will be kicked out of the championship. With regards to this, I ask all drivers to please be aware of the "lag bubble" that is employed online in F1:CE and to take care when battling with another driver - sometimes it will seem you have not touched the other driver at all but in actual fact the lag bubble has caused you to take them out. Please keep this in mind and watch out for it, you will be expected to wait for the driver(s) as it is considered an .
  • Before each race there will be a 5 minute waiting period allowing for any late-comers to join in time for qualifying. We will not start the race earlier even if all drivers have joined.
  • Drivers are expected to allow faster cars past in the situations of being lapped, it is recommended that the slower car pick their place to allow the other driver past carefully, making sure its off the racing line and in a clearly visible place. As a general rule of thumb, the exits of corners onto long straights is a good place, allowing the driver behind plenty of time to realise what you are doing. Faster drivers must keep in mind this rule, as slower cars aren't always able to instantly move over at every corner safely.

Teams/Constructors
There are 5 available slots for teams of 2 people.
PAL-Europe teams
Brawn
Jordan Grand Prix
Williams
Team Lotus
Red Bull

Drivers
There are 10 available slots for drivers, driving for 5 different teams.

Driver seats are given out to all previous drivers of the championship, with the exception of the bottom 5 drivers, who will be dropped in favour of the 5 top drivers from the GP2 World Championship. At the end of the season, all drivers currently in the championship will be offered a seat in the next one, but if over 5 drivers take up the seats, then the ones with the lowest points will be the ones who are dropped, otherwise, all 5 (or less) drivers will keep their seats.
Drivers being dropped at the end of the year will have the chance to earn back the seat by racing in the GP2 championship.
In the case of drivers dropping out permanently or temporarily, their seats will be filled with the current top GP2 driver, so in other words, any drivers wishing to join this championship should look into racing in the GP2 championship.

Car Number - Driver Name

PAL-Europe Drivers & Teams

Jordan Grand Prix
1 - Shaggy Alonso (PSN: Shaggy_Alonso)
2 - GT4 Genius (PSN: GTP_GT4Genius or GT4Genius)
Brawn GP
3 - Kakundoo (PSN ID: Kakundoo)
4 - Rob101 (PSN ID: Rob_101)
Williams
5 - FastDuck (PSN: ZERODUCK1)
6 - HEMIata (PSN: HEMIata)
Red Bull
7 - Kingmart1n (PSN: Kingmart1n)
8 - GINTY72 (PSN: GINTY72)
Team Lotus
9 - MrHappy (PSN ID: JoylessSizzles)
10 - Crooky (PSN: GTP_Crooky)

*The first driver of each team can change the name of the Team if they want to.*

attachment.php

attachment.php

Fastest Laps:
Bahrain - Shaggy Alonso - 1:30.383
Sepang (HR) - Shaggy Alonso - 1:37.424
Melbourne - Shaggy Alonso - 1:24.142
Imola - Shaggy Alonso - 1:14.603
Nurburgring - Shaggy Alonso - 1:24.6xx
Catalunya - Shaggy Alonso - 1:13.433
Monte Carlo - Shaggy Alonso - 1:10.560
Silverstone (LR) - Kingmart1n - 1:22.189
Montreal - Shaggy Alonso - 1:09.530
Indianapolis - Shaggy Alonso - 1:08.926
Magny-Cours - Kakundoo - 1:11.108
Hockenheim (HR) - Shaggy Alonso - 1:19.039

Pole Positions:
Bahrain - Shaggy Alonso
Sepang - Shaggy Alonso
Melbourne - Kakundoo
Imola - Fishfash
Nurburgring - Shaggy Alonso
Catalunya - Shaggy Alonso
Monte Carlo - Shaggy Alonso
Silverstone - Kingmart1n
Montreal - Shaggy Alonso
Indianapolis - Shaggy Alonso
Magny-Cours - Shaggy Alonso
Hockenheim - Shaggy Alonso

Wins:
Bahrain - Kakundoo
Sepang - Shaggy Alonso
Melbourne - Shaggy Alonso
Imola - Kakundoo
Nurburgring - Kakundoo
Catalunya - Shaggy Alonso
Monte Carlo - Shaggy Alonso
Silverstone - Kingmart1n
Montreal - Shaggy Alonso
Indianapolis - Shaggy Alonso
Magny-Cours - Shaggy Alonso
Hockenheim - Shaggy Alonso

Last edited:
If theres a place going I would love to join. For the next month and a half or so I should be able to race every evening except Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays and probably not until late-ish on a Sunday. Hopefully I'll be able to participate in this whole championship, unlike the previous two.
Maybe we should all post our available times so as we can all come to some compromise?
(PS: Jordan if you dont mind. ;))

Edit: Going to change my avatar back to the Jordan, I dont even recognise myself anymore!

Nice, great to have you on board GT4, I will put you in the Second position in Jordan for now, because I think Shaggy should get first dibs, however, if he fails to join then I will bump you up :).

I was thinking we should have the same times as last time. Sundays at 10pm always got good attendance, for the second part of the season anyway.

I just hope this season I can have a team mate who turns up at almost every race XD

Hey Kakundoo. I would like to join. After all, that's why I bought the PAL version :lol: Just keep in mind when you select the race time that I'm about 5 hours behind you :D I just hope I won't be that far behind in the races :dopey: Thanks

Well of course I am going to accept both of you :D, but before I can enter you in, I am going to need to know what teams you both want to be in.

Well of course I am going to accept both of you :D, but before I can enter you in, I am going to need to know what teams you both want to be in.

If available, we both like to be on team Williams. Duck prefers the Williams car :sly: for me any car that is not a Ferarri will do :lol:

@Sureboss: Okay then, I guess we could have it at 9pm instead. If everyone just posts what times they're free on a Sunday, or whatever days and times they are free then we can make a final decision.

@HEMIata: No problem, two Williams drivers coming right up :D

9pm UK time on a Sunday is ok with me, but lets try not to go any earlier. Anyone want a second race each week?

I'm interested in doing this one, the first championship was a lot of fun. :)

But I thought the servers were being shutdown on this game soon??

I agree with GT4, any earlier would get in the way more. I like the idea of a second race per week, because it makes the season quicker, however, it does give less time to practice, so we should all take a vote.

Crooky, the servers were shut down on the American (NTSC) version, not the European (PAL) version.

Good news :D, although they haven't signed up officially yet, I know that Kingmart1n will be joining soon as well as my mate Rob101 and JoylessSizzles, so if crooky signs up as well then we will only need to more people for a full Championship! Then if there's more interest, we'll start a GP2 Championship for the extras.

And from now on, when people sign up could they please tell me the team they want to go in :), thanks.

Good news :D, although they haven't signed up officially yet, I know that Kingmart1n will be joining soon as well as my mate Rob101 and JoylessSizzles, so if crooky signs up as well then we will only need to more people for a full Championship! Then if there's more interest, we'll start a GP2 Championship for the extras.

I'll let Shaggy know, in case he hasn't heard about this yet. I'm sure he would be annoyed if he missed out. I should PM fishfash as well, but lets limit his car to 10,000rpm if he decides to join. :dopey:

I've already informed Shaggy via PSN, I wouldn't want the guy who beat me last year to miss out either, this is supposed to be the F1 WORLD Championship, and with Zeroduck and Shaggy, we have the PAL Champion and the NTSC Champion. So it'll be interesting to find out who the World Champion is.

As for Fishfash, well, I think 10,000rpm is too much, I was thinking sticking him in a Cooper Climax, it should be fair then.

WOOHOO!! The field is half full :cool: Better hurry up and get your seats guys :sly: We might be racing by the weekend :D :lol:

Jordan Grand Prix
1 -
Brawn GP
4 -
Williams
5 - FastDuck (PSN: Zeroduck)
Team Aguri
7 -
8 -
Team Lotus
9 - Rob101 (PSN: Rob_101)
10 -

More than half full actually, once crooky and Kingmart1n tell me what teams they want to be in then there will be only 3 spots left! It would be nice to be racing by the weekend, but I propose we do 1 or 2 practice races to make sure everything is absolutely fine and then we can start the season.

I hope Shaggy can get in soon, it wouldn't feel right without the reigning PAL Champion.

More than half full actually, once crooky and Kingmart1n tell me what teams they want to be in then there will be only 3 spots left! It would be nice to be racing by the weekend, but I propose we do 1 or 2 practice races to make sure everything is absolutely fine and then we can start the season.

I hope Shaggy can get in soon, it wouldn't feel right without the reigning PAL Champion.

Yeah, we'll need a couple of practices. I was just trying to fire up the troops :sly:

I might be interested, if I can find a PAL version. If I find one, is there anything special I have to do to my PS3 to make it work?

Also, any suggestions on where I might find a PAL copy online? I've found some copies on ebay.uk. Any place else where I can get a good deal?

I would like to have the PAL Champ in this Championship also. As for FISHFASH, bring him on, i'm ready for him. If you want something to worry about go look at overall online ranking's for this game, look for the name (DA_KILLAS-ZRODUK) should still be ranked in the top ten, loooooooooooooooool FastDuck aka (ZERODUCK1) aka (DA_KILLAS-ZRODUK) loooooooooolll QUACK QUACK

Im not sure if I have a say in what team (if any) i can be part of. But my first choice would be lotus as this was my team in the 1st season but if not maybe with fishfash in the aguris to balance things out?

Fastduck, don't bring on Fishfash, he may not be ranked highly, but he honestly kills! The only reason he didn't win last season is because his PS3 broke, and i'm pretty sure Shaggy would agree with me lol.

Crooky, we don't even know if Fishfash will be a part of this or not. He hasn't of yet made an entry...sooo...i'll enter you, but I won't put you into a team just yet. If Fishfash doesn't join then i'll put you in Lotus.

I'm getting excited already :D

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL i aint scared, bring him on. And i'm sorry i told ya'll i was in the top ten, i just went and looked , i'm 12th

Yo i just got the invite, count me in for Jordan please alongside my Irish brethren GT4genius. Should be a fun championship, I get the feeling that most in attendance will be reliable. Williams looks to have the best driver line up so far I'd say. Should be another close season 👍

I knew you wouldn't be able to resist haha. Williams does have a rather good line up, maybe we should call them USF1 instead =P. Again, it seems like I may not have a partner lmao, honestly, do I smell? haha.

I would say Jordan have a good line up too, GT4 is a good racer, as long as he attends lol. Don't forget Jordan won the title last year, followed by Brawn GP, who had to race half the season with 1 driver haha. Nevertheless, I reckon this will be the toughest and most competitive Championship season so far.

I might be interested, if I can find a PAL version. If I find one, is there anything special I have to do to my PS3 to make it work?

Also, any suggestions on where I might find a PAL copy online? I've found some copies on ebay.uk. Any place else where I can get a good deal?

eBay is where I got mine. I did have to get it from the UK. I had to watch/look for a while til I found what I thought was a reasonable deal. I ended up getting mine for about $40 (US) shipping included. The only thing you have to do to make it work in your PS3 is install the disc :lol:

Williams looks to have the best driver line up so far I'd say.👍

I don't know about "the best" but probably the most intriguing :P

Williams does have a rather good line up, maybe we should call them USF1 instead.

USF1 - I like that idea :sly:

WOOHOO!! The field is half full :cool: Better hurry up and get your seats guys :sly: We might be racing by the weekend :D :lol:

Jordan Grand Prix
1 -
Brawn GP
4 -
Williams
5 - FastDuck (PSN: Zeroduck)
Team Aguri
7 -
8 -
Team Lotus
9 - Rob101 (PSN: Rob_101)
10 -

I wish all the entrants involved in the 3rd FICE season good luck 👍,and have fun.You all are good guys,but I have to cheer for my Southern Redneck boys driving the Williams car.

Once again,GOOD LUCK TO ALL INVOLVED.

kak im happy to take part in this and be your 2nd driver if your up for it. Sunday at 9pm would be ok for me. Good to see you guys again. Was racing with KingMartin today as well he looks very fast.

And PSN is JoylessSizzles

Awesome! I have a partner :D, we should get training, i'm sure some of the other guys will be very quick!

I know that Kingmart1n will be joining soon, so that only really leaves one place left as soon crooky gets a team...

EDIT: Kingmart1n has told me he is joining and has reserved a spot for his mate, which means Crooky goes to Lotus and so our Championship is full, so as soon as King tells us who this new guy is, we can start planning the date for our first practice race :D

Last edited:
Back