4 Degrees of Trump (game, rules in OP)

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 145 comments

Danoff

Premium
United States
Mile High City
The holidays are a time of gathering for family and friends. But sometimes conversation can be difficult. That's why it's important to always know how to bring a conversation back to politics, so that lively discussion can always be had, ensuring a memorable holiday season. To that end, I invite you to practice your abilities to take any particular subject and bring it back to Donald Trump (you can adapt this game to you preferred politician when you play it with family and friends).

So how does it work? The post above yours should have a random phrase, such as "mashed potatoes". It is then your job to connect that phrase to Donald Trump with 4 degrees of separation or less. Separation is counted based on the 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon game. Trump has a 0 degree of separation to himself. Climate Change has 1 degree of separation, because Trump discusses climate change. So Climate Change to Trump is 1 degree. Veganism has 1 degree of separation with climate change, so Veganism is 2 degrees of separation with Trump. Mashed potatoes have 1 degree of separation with Veganism, so Mashed Potatoes have 3 degrees of separation with Trump.

So here's what it would look like.

Mashed Potatoes -> Veganism -> Climate Change -> Trump

That's it! We just figured out how to bring the conversation back to Trump with only 3 degrees of separation. Alternatively to the links, you can do a more Kevin Bacon style explanation for each step. So:

Mashed Potatoes -> Veganism (mashed potatoes are vegan) -> Climate change (veganism is oddly associated with climate change purity) -> Trump (trump thinks climate change is a hoax)

If it's a well trodden path, you can skip the explanation. I just walked through the Vegan -> CC -> Trump connection, so you don't really need to explain those. If nobody posts within 24 hours, consider the previous post to have been a winner and the next post can start with a new word or phrase. Only solutions that can do it in 4 degrees of separation or less (3 links between the original word and Trump) are valid. Post the next word or phrase after your solution.

=========

Next Up: Dreidel

Last edited:
Mashed Potatoes -> Veganism (mashed potatoes are vegan) -> Climate change (veganism is oddly associated with climate change purity) -> Trump (trump thinks climate change is a hoax)

If you make mashed potatoes with butter and milk, as you should, they aren't vegan :)

Dreidal (Jewish board game) -> 9/11 (Jews did 9/11) -> Rudy Giuliani (NY Mayor of the time) -> Trump (Lawyer of)

Next up: Guiness Book of Records

Last edited:
^Guinness Book of Records -> Guinness (stout) -> Large head (often poured with) -> Trump

Next: M*A*S*H (bonus points if you can avoid using Korea or mashed potatoes as the link)

Last edited:
M*A*S*H -> Klinger (character on show, dressed as woman to be relieved of duty) -> Rudy Giuliani (dressed as woman to woo...) -> Trump

Next: Hello Kitty

@UKMikey, how do I go about redeeming my points?

Swing -> Children -> Child Predators -> Epstein -> Trump

Next: Math

(yes you can answer with 1)

Math > Vote Counts > Electoral College > Trump wins presidency with fewer votes than opponent

Next: Elephants

I love it, I think I'll introduce my family to this thread as they'll get a kick out of it.

Vacuum Tube -> Computers -> Trump

Next up: Sports cars

Sports Cars > Men "compensating" > Huge phallic structures > Trump Tower

EDIT: Whoops, forgot the next seed.

Next: yoga

Last edited:
Yoga → YogiismsTrumpisms

Next up: Girl Scouts of the USA

@UKMikey, how do I go about redeeming my points?
Points redemption won't be active until the thread DLC is released sometime "soon". Actually I just wanted to see if someone could make a link that wasn't the obvious so thanks for scratching that itch.

Last edited:
Crispy Bacon -> Bay of Pigs -> CIA - > Trump (CIA agent whistleblower in Trump Impeachment trial)

Next: Christmas Trees

All you have to do to win is post "Russia", because there's no connection between Russia and Trump at all.
They tried to argue the same with "Ukraine" but the "comedian President" thing kept tripping them up.

Christmas Trees → Tannenbaumen (German tradition) → Germany → Wienerschnitzel sorry, Trump

Next: Little House on the Prairie

“Good night Marie Jane” - Marajana - Trump supports cannabis use for medical needs.

Next: USB port

The Beatles -> "Norwegian Wood" (a song by The Beatles) -> Norway -> Trump (wants more people from Norway)

Next: Elmer Fudd

Mariana Trench -> unfathomable depths from which no intelligent thought has emerged -> Kellyanne Conway (supposed counselor to...) -> Trump

Next: Gene Roddenberry

Back