4 Way GTPC: Mdnite, DriftingDreamer, NK4E and ToyotaDrifter- Results Posted

• Thread starter Swift
  • 83 comments
Good luck to you all. I'm sorry but...*YAWN*

Isn't anyone else ridiculously tired of Trial Mountain. TM's been in like 50% of the challenges so far in GT4, and theres been like 8 or 9 challenges total. Not ot mention the plethora of videos that are ONLY on Trial Mountain for some reason. It would've been ALOT more interesting if you'd chosen one specific car and limited settings/upgrades on like Grand Valley, SSR5, El Capitan, Midfield, Infineon, all totally driftable with sections for sick links. Even Deep Forest would've been more interesting, considering nobodys done a competition there yet. TM I'm sure most of you can run TM in your sleep it's so over done at this point. My UOD entry only took me 5 minutes and that was good enough for 2nd place. I'd be way more interested if it wasn't the track that's been run to death. Obviously you should go with a track you're comfortable with, but it just seems like nobody wants to move away from TM. Where's the real challenge in that? If theres another challenge on TM within the next month, I swear I'd start scoring runs on TM lower on sheer grounds of it being overly drifted. This challenge on TM solidifies my belief that the GT4 Drift Forum is in broken broken broken broken record status. Everyone wants change, change is good, but nobody does any changing. It's all someone regurgitating someone elses words, and whoring up the same tracks. I'm not saying this to discourage your challenge, I'm just VERY VERY VERY sick of all the Trial Mountain. Whoever does the next GTPC/GTPDC, for real don't use Trial Mountain, it's like the Live with Regis & Kelly of GT4.

Droptop_Chick
...it's like the Live with Regis & Kelly of GT4.

:lol:
I like that line

I'm in total agreement. I'm a big fan of SSr5... you can connect all the way up to the back straight and barely have to break a sweat.
Next GTPDC maybe.....

yeah TM is overdone. but seeing as the deadline was like 4 days, it will hopefully mean everyone gets a nice lap in.
goodluck guys.

I hear what you are all saying and I do somewhat agree. However, since this challenge had such a quick dealine, I think a familiar track is a good thing.

I'm quite sure we'll switch it up as we go forward. Infact, I doubt I'm going to allow TM to be a track for challenges in the near future. :mischievous:

The reason for the track is to figure out some new lines with the settings, by having multiple drivers take the track and to see what line that they took to make it possible to link mostly all corners but im trying to see through various driver styles

If everyone Entering wants to change the Requirements, then theres not much point challenging in this.

But If i were you, id just enter in this.. then set a new challenge.

DRIFTN
If everyone Entering wants to change the Requirements, then theres not much point challenging in this.

But If i were you, id just enter in this.. then set a new challenge.

And that's exactly what's going to happen. 👍

I'll be slightly delayed a day or two :(

Mum's birthday, and like, I can't get to the Ps2 -_-

MdnIte
I'll be slightly delayed a day or two :(

Mum's birthday, and like, I can't get to the Ps2 -_-

Bud, you KNEW when your mother's birthday was, why not do it BEFORE?

Ah, thought I could get on the ps2 -_-" I was wrong, I'll try it again tonight before dinner. Hopefully.

OK!
I got a lap in. Not too happy about it though :indiff:

I only got to practice 2 laps before I got off :(

Next one, I'm bringing it 1 day after it kicks off :dopey:

Ok. It's me vs DriftingDreamer and NK Vs ToyotaDrifter.

Not official though, just doing this cauz me and DD don't have time and are under pressure :D

MdnIte
Ah, thought I could get on the ps2 -_-" I was wrong, I'll try it again tonight before dinner. Hopefully.

OK!
I got a lap in. Not too happy about it though :indiff:

I only got to practice 2 laps before I got off :(

Next one, I'm bringing it 1 day after it kicks off :dopey:

Ok. It's me vs DriftingDreamer and NK Vs ToyotaDrifter.

Not official though, just doing this cauz me and DD don't have time and are under pressure :D
AGREED 👍 lol

hey for the next one which course should we do it on? well i meen where gonna do it on SS5 but which one? i remember there being a blue one and a purple one :lol:
its pplz choice so YOU PPL CHOOSE

DriftingDreamer
video was sent...i have to say this isn't my best work
lol we shouldn't have rushed things

Hmmm...

It's always been funny to me that we all wait till the last minute to produce our vids. I'm including myself in that statement.

But why do we always wait till the end? I mean, if we have a week or two, why not at least get some good practice in? It seems we think we'll do better if we're under the Gun. Doesn't make much sense to me. But I guess that's just our nature.

Good luck guys. :)

Swift
Hmmm...

It's always been funny to me that we all wait till the last minute to produce our vids. I'm including myself in that statement.

But why do we always wait till the end? I mean, if we have a week or two, why not at least get some good practice in? It seems we think we'll do better if we're under the Gun. Doesn't make much sense to me. But I guess that's just our nature.

Good luck guys. :)
lol normally im the first to send things in (ie gtpdc2)
but it just couldn't be helped this time...with only a 1 week deadline i had a few interruptions which made it even worse....the only day that i couldve done it was wed/thurs......and ive never drifted trial mountain be4 either so it took me a good few hrs to get the track layed out :indiff:

Latest Posts

Back