400PP Trials

• Thread starter Kenzel
  • 11 comments
Scotland
Glasgow
kenzel17
I thought I would have a wee go at an idea suggested by @Bowtie-muscle.
I ran all my 400PP cars over five laps at various tracks (Midfield, London, Brands Hatch and Little Willow). They were run on Sports Hard tyres.
Some of the results really surprised me: cars which I had expected to do well, didn't! Whilst others performed really well.
The Toyota MR-S V Edition came out tops at every track, but the MG TF-160 and the Isuzu Bellett 1600 surprised me and pushed the Toyota really hard.
The Renault R5 Turbo performed well, very similar to the Lancia Stratos but both had to be driven carefully.
Some cars turned out to be not quite as fast as I had anticipated.....Mazda Lantis Coupe, Alfa Romeo 147 TI, Peugeot 106.
Others like the Mazda Cosmo Sport and Toyota Celica 2000GT-R were not the fastest but a really nice drive.
All in all this was an enjoyable way to whittle away some time and threw up a few surprises.
I have posted some of the cars mentioned and will endeavour to get all published at some point, if anyone fancies trying some lower powered cars.
I am going to try and do something similar for higher PP brackets as well.
Keep safe everyone.

Great to see/hear someone took the idea and ran with it 👍

Time flies when you do it too.

I thoroughly enjoyed doing it. ( I did get lost in it though...just another few laps, and another!!). It threw up a few surprises.....some cars performing better at some tracks and struggling at others, but the Toyota and the MG were masters of all!
I'm looking forward to repeating it with 450 and 500PP cars....methinks there may be some real surprises in there:lol:

Did you use a point system to see which did the best overall?

I did indeed.....very similar to what you had used......albeit not on as many tracks. Cars moved about the table a bit but generally stayed within a certain area. For me the Toyota MR-S was unbeatable, no matter what track it was run on. It makes me wonder if results could have been different with more tracks used:D.......might have to have a look at that:idea:.

With regards to what you said earlier, I didn't notice any improvement on a higher ABS with the lower powered cars.....maybe more noticeable with higher powered ones?
I generally have used camber, I have found that it does help, I know not everyone agrees with that though.
Body rigidity can certainly work, I think I have used it on a couple of cars.....but I try to avoid it if possible......no particular reason, just personal choice......but if it's needed.....use it.

The cream does rise to the top.:lol:

But, it does show that some cars can be pretty good on the right track.

And some can be bad on the wrong one.

If there's one thing I've learnt with gt6 it's the pp system is rubbish, I would of thought that having multiple cars at the same pp would mean they perform the same or at least similar.

I have been trying to see if setting the HP, kg and gearbox settings the same if that would bring cars closer in performance, well mainly in a straight line as cornering is a while new ball game.

If there's one thing I've learnt with gt6 it's the pp system is rubbish, I would of thought that having multiple cars at the same pp would mean they perform the same or at least similar.

I have been trying to see if setting the HP, kg and gearbox settings the same if that would bring cars closer in performance, well mainly in a straight line as cornering is a while new ball game.

I have no idea how the PP system is worked out, but it does allow cars of different BHP/weight to compete together in a basically level playing field.
No matter how we adjust the cars......whether it be altering the weight, the BHP or the PP, we are artificially tinkering with the original specification of that car. :boggled:
All I wanted to do was run cars in a certain bracket, in this case PP, for my own satisfaction and curiosity....and all the cars were relatively close, just some better than others. :lol:
No matter how we group them together, there will always be a "star" and unfortunately there will always be a "pig in a poke"!:D

I did indeed.....very similar to what you had used......albeit not on as many tracks. Cars moved about the table a bit but generally stayed within a certain area. For me the Toyota MR-S was unbeatable, no matter what track it was run on. It makes me wonder if results could have been different with more tracks used:D.......might have to have a look at that:idea:.

With regards to what you said earlier, I didn't notice any improvement on a higher ABS with the lower powered cars.....maybe more noticeable with higher powered ones?
I generally have used camber, I have found that it does help, I know not everyone agrees with that though.
Body rigidity can certainly work, I think I have used it on a couple of cars.....but I try to avoid it if possible......no particular reason, just personal choice......but if it's needed.....use it.
I thought I would have a wee go at an idea suggested by @Bowtie-muscle.
I ran all my 400PP cars over five laps at various tracks (Midfield, London, Brands Hatch and Little Willow). They were run on Sports Hard tyres.
Some of the results really surprised me: cars which I had expected to do well, didn't! Whilst others performed really well.
The Toyota MR-S V Edition came out tops at every track, but the MG TF-160 and the Isuzu Bellett 1600 surprised me and pushed the Toyota really hard.
The Renault R5 Turbo performed well, very similar to the Lancia Stratos but both had to be driven carefully.
Some cars turned out to be not quite as fast as I had anticipated.....Mazda Lantis Coupe, Alfa Romeo 147 TI, Peugeot 106.
Others like the Mazda Cosmo Sport and Toyota Celica 2000GT-R were not the fastest but a really nice drive.
All in all this was an enjoyable way to whittle away some time and threw up a few surprises.
I have posted some of the cars mentioned and will endeavour to get all published at some point, if anyone fancies trying some lower powered cars.
I am going to try and do something similar for higher PP brackets as well.
Keep safe everyone.
These cars you are using are they stock ?.

No, I tuned them all to 400PP. I just wanted to see which of my tuned cars within a particular bracket......in this case 400PP performed best.
Good idea, using my wheel might get a better outcome with what you are doing with these cars.

Good idea, using my wheel might get a better outcome with what you are doing with these cars.

I have never used a wheel, so I have no idea what the difference is like. It might throw up some completely different results:confused::lol:

Back