400pp World Compact Car Race.

• Thread starter S Tolaric
  • 28 comments
Australia
Sydney
tollo03
Hi GT friends,I'm having trouble getting gold on the 400 pp World compact car race in the London city course.I have tried 6 or 7 cars & cant seem to find the right car.All the other races where quite easy compared to London.The winner beats me by 8sec or so,even when I use the same car as him. Any tips or help would be appreciated,thx for your time.

No I have not won this,is it for the British seasonal event? I used a bought Elise111R ;04 model in the dealership..I have only been doing the online stuff the last 6 weeks or so. I have not been online since I bought the game 3 years ago.thx for the tip strela.

A standard Elise '96 is more than enough for all of the races. Perhaps try one with all the mods apart from weight reduction and anything than increases the power and see how you get on - I used one in that state and was in the lead of every race with at least a lap to spare.

A standard Elise '96 is more than enough for all of the races. Perhaps try one with all the mods apart from weight reduction and anything than increases the power and see how you get on - I used one in that state and was in the lead of every race with at least a lap to spare.
thx I did have a '01 elise model it has more hp.So is it better to use the mods then & lower the power to 400 pp Don't have a 96 model FuzziOn,but your tips are appreciated.I will go add some stuff then power down & give it a try.

No I have not won this,is it for the British seasonal event? I used a bought Elise111R ;04 model in the dealership..I have only been doing the online stuff the last 6 weeks or so. I have not been online since I bought the game 3 years ago.thx for the tip strela.
I think the Elise is a price car for completing one of the Top Gear event..

I think the Elise is a price car for completing one of the Top Gear event..
lol I hated that event especially the old camper van race.Might just wait for 1 to show up in the used car lot.But thanks for the info though strela :)

thx I did have a '01 elise model it has more hp.So is it better to use the mods then & lower the power to 400 pp Don't have a 96 model FuzziOn,but your tips are appreciated.I will go add some stuff then power down & give it a try.

I usually don't mod the engine or reduce the weight if it's already on the PP limit. However doing the suspension, transmission etc will help quite a lot. I did a back to back test with it at Suzuka east and it was at least a second a lap faster with those mods over the stock car on the same tyres. Just a note with the Elise, if you use SRF then it'll probably oversteer like crazy. I usually find with comfort tyres you're best off putting some extra weight in to have more power as it can be hard to make up time in the corners just because the tyres are a limiting factor. With the Elise you could try max ballast then up the power to get back to 400PP.

I usually don't mod the engine or reduce the weight if it's already on the PP limit. However doing the suspension, transmission etc will help quite a lot. I did a back to back test with it at Suzuka east and it was at least a second a lap faster with those mods over the stock car on the same tyres. Just a note with the Elise, if you use SRF then it'll probably oversteer like crazy. I usually find with comfort tyres you're best off putting some extra weight in to have more power as it can be hard to make up time in the corners just because the tyres are a limiting factor. With the Elise you could try max ballast then up the power to get back to 400PP.
thx for the tip,I added 100 to the ballast at -40 the car drove very well managed to get 1st place on the last bend before the finishing straight.Used no mods just the ballast,it added a few kph. Have no idea why this race was such an effort.I usually do well in most races.Just doing the mini races now & just finished the Rome course,won by 17 seconds.Doing the Eiger Nordwand short track race now using a mini Cooper S '07

Last edited:
thx for the tip,I added 100 to the ballast at -40 the car drove very well managed to get 1st place on the last bend before the finishing straight.Have no idea why this race was such an effort.I usually do well in most races.Just doing the mini races now & just finished the Rome course,won by 17 seconds.Doing the Eiger Nordwand short track race now using a mini Cooper S '07
I think you get get the boost in the low rev range,turbos & racings mods are better for the faster tracks.

thx for the tip,I added 100 to the ballast at -40 the car drove very well managed to get 1st place on the last bend before the finishing straight.Used no mods just the ballast,it added a few kph. Have no idea why this race was such an effort.I usually do well in most races.Just doing the mini races now & just finished the Rome course,won by 17 seconds.Doing the Eiger Nordwand short track race now using a mini Cooper S '07

London is usually a pain, short track and quite hard to gain time around. That, Monaco and R246 are the ones to watch for on seasonal events.

I enjoyed the monaco track & did it first time around ,won by 4+ seconds.Doing world circuit 430pp, on to top gear track at this moment.Tried the current 600pp event, but not sure what car is best.Or cars as some suit tracks better than others.The money is really good & exp,gave me the chance to spend 35 million on the last 2 old cars.Sucks only having a 20 mil limit though.

Help...I beat all the first 5 races with ease on the first try using Speedster but I am having no luck catching the rabbit in race 6 (Tokyo Bay). I tried 6-7 A1 cars drifting all the way and the best I could do is 3-4 secs behind. What car do you guys use?

Help...I beat all the first 5 races with ease on the first try using Speedster but I am having no luck catching the rabbit in race 6 (Tokyo Bay). I tried 6-7 A1 cars drifting all the way and the best I could do is 3-4 secs behind. What car do you guys use?

Lotus Elise '96. Ignore the white lines and use the full track width - make sure you nail T1 and carry as much speed as possible and you should catch up pretty easily. I caught the leader with a lap to spare.

If anyone wants to, you can add me and I will put my Elise Type 72 out on loan. I beat the Kart track and London with it. I beat the other 3 with my 01 Civic Type R. It's a great car and has just the right acceleration with enough greasyness not to be twitchy. Or if you want my settings for your own car, I would put them up here.

Won a level 5 class car ticket for the set. Got a 3000 GT VR4 Turbo (J) 96

What event are you doing Craulo? i'm a little confused.

Doing world circuit 430pp last event, Eiffel track I think. Silver is the best so far, lost by 2 to 4 seconds. Tried a few cars & the elise seemed the best of the lot at the moment. (The servers for Gran Turismo 5 are currently under unscheduled maintenance.) This happen often & do you wait long to get back on?

Doing world circuit 430pp last event, Eiffel track I think. Silver is the best so far, lost by 2 to 4 seconds. Tried a few cars & the elise seemed the best of the lot at the moment. (The servers for Gran Turismo 5 are currently under unscheduled maintenance.) This happen often & do you wait long to get back on?
An easy gold for you will be using the GSXR/4...

An easy gold for you will be using the GSXR/4...
What is a GSXR/4...suzuki keep an eye out for it in the used cars.I read you can win it in the B class formula races,if so which race or is it for the whole event.European cars only in this one hot hatch championship.

Last edited:
What is a GSXR/4...suzuki keep an eye out for it in the used cars.I read you can win it in the B class formula races,if so which race or is it for the whole event.European cars only in this one hot hatch championship.
I used a lancia stratos rally car,it did the job 2.6 sec. Though i'm sure if I change the final gear ratio for the elise,it would have done an even better time.But the lancia was lots of fun to drive.

How do you add people on here, or in the game online?

From the main XMB menu, go to the far right to friends, add a friend, enter my PSN username under my pic and I will accept it when i see it. Then you will be able to borrow the car.

I really struggled with some of these events....London was a PITA! I used a Honda Civic (EK) '98 with Praiano's tune for a different model. For London, I came second or third numerous times...finally just cycled the AI line-up until I got the Civic 95 at the front and then won by 3 or 4 seconds. For Tokyo Bay, I again struggled with the Civic (closest to leader was 4.9 seconds, can't remember the line up). After seeing the advice in this thread, I got my Lotus Elise '96, used Praiano's tune for the Lotus 72 '01 (or whatever the model is), left the transmission as stock, and put 100KG ballast to -50 and adjusted the power to get 400....overtook the leader on the second to last corner at the first attempt. That car is fun although it does get a bit loose throttling out of low speed corners

I really struggled with some of these events....London was a PITA! I used a Honda Civic (EK) '98 with Praiano's tune for a different model. For London, I came second or third numerous times...finally just cycled the AI line-up until I got the Civic 95 at the front and then won by 3 or 4 seconds. For Tokyo Bay, I again struggled with the Civic (closest to leader was 4.9 seconds, can't remember the line up). After seeing the advice in this thread, I got my Lotus Elise '96, used Praiano's tune for the Lotus 72 '01 (or whatever the model is), left the transmission as stock, and put 100KG ballast to -50 and adjusted the power to get 400....overtook the leader on the second to last corner at the first attempt. That car is fun although it does get a bit loose throttling out of low speed corners
Thx for the info Nursemorph :cheers: Yes I used the same type of tune myself for London,all the rest where pretty easy first go around.Praiano is a good tuner,I like his tunes myself.I kept using the elise to finish the event.Did the 430 pp event & struggled a little in the Eiffel track race till I found a car I enjoyed.Used a lancia stratos rally car,that was lots of fun to drive.

Last edited:

Changing the diff on the Lotus helps a lot, ran 15/20/15 on my one, seemed to tighten the rear end up.

I don't see anybody using the Renault Clio V6 MR. Got gold on all races fairly easily with this. All mods on, ballast to suit, a bit soft on the suspension for more grip with crap tires. The Clio was faster than my Lotuses (Loti?). This one was fun.

Hi GT friends,I'm having trouble getting gold on the 400 pp World compact car race in the London city course.I have tried 6 or 7 cars & cant seem to find the right car.All the other races where quite easy compared to London.The winner beats me by 8sec or so,even when I use the same car as him. Any tips or help would be appreciated,thx for your time.
Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 '85 with drivetrain and suspension mods, drive clean and 1:06 laps can get the checkered flag.

Back