United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
450PP Front-Wheel Drive Non-Racing Car Super Lap: Ascari

TT#37 - 450PP Front-Wheel Drive Non-Racing Car Super Lap @ Ascari.jpg
^^Click on the image above to go to the online leader board for this event^^
[TT#37] - 450PP Front-Wheel Drive Non-Racing Car Super Lap @ Ascari.jpg

Tunes:

Please post links for applicable tunes so I can update OP.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Well it looks like we have another TT with two(at least) time of day settings. Ascari for me is usually played in a very dreary almost twilight setting..There is that but if you back out you may also get the bright as I've ever seen it Ascari. i'm not a fast enough driver to say if one setting is better but visibility is a good thing,right?..

Thanks again to @nowcontrol for always being right on top of these seasonals..You are the MVP of these boards Mate!! :bowdown:

2:23.002 after 5 laps using my 2005 Volkswagen Golf V GTI tuned by SiNiST3R. I'm not a huge fan of FWD cars in GT6. I was nervous going into this event because of the entry requirements. Thankfully, I didn't get stuck on this event for long. :)

I wanted to have some fun so I let a car randomizer choose what FF car I use and the results were the Toyota Celica GT-R ST183 from 1991 and after tuning to 450pp I thought it'd be an easy challenge but was I wrong. After a pretty good lap I only managed a 2:25.4! Time to keep trying!

Despite my difficulties I finally got a 2:24.840 which for me is a good time in this car so don't laugh too hard! Aha

Last edited:
Oops... underestimated this one. It was past 2am and i decided to blast through this one with "something fun", so i tried a '76 Golf, a '90 CRX, and finally my beautiful, beloved, Nero Jarama, Alfa 147 ti, which got me a mere 2:25:4xx. All 450PP with generic settings, will need to tune something specially for this.

Holy understeer! :lol:

Edit: Yup, a few minutes working the LSD & dampers and removing all camber on a DC5 gave me a low 2:21 today. Good challenge.

Last edited:
the first little jog was my nemesis..take it slow lose time..try to go fast and the penalty police get you for being off track if you are a hair off the line

Well, taking a stock car with 440 PP barely got me bronze. Looks like I've gotta do some tuning to get gold on this one.
Depending on how aggressive you are, and whether your goal is barely getting gold or getting a good ranking, it might only take a switch to SH tires. The stock gang could get the 435PP 2002 Ford Focus RS, which is the only eligible car to come with SH tires, around Ascari in gold-level time. Even the best of us couldn't get the other cars, all with CS tires, off the bronze floor.

Depending on how aggressive you are, and whether your goal is barely getting gold or getting a good ranking, it might only take a switch to SH tires. The stock gang could get the 435PP 2002 Ford Focus RS, which is the only eligible car to come with SH tires, around Ascari in gold-level time. Even the best of us couldn't get the other cars, all with CS tires, off the bronze floor.
I was using the Megane RS Trophy. My best time so far is 2:27.5 with a tuned FTO GP Version R '99. The car felt very fast, but apparently not fast enough.

Edit: Weird. I suddenly got 2:23.8 in the C4 Coupe 2.0VTS '05. That car felt slower than the FTO.

Last edited:
I don't do TT's for the ranking, only for a quick cash grab. However...

There's a 400PP Mazda Demio Sport '10 that I have had for a long time and regard as a bit of a sleeper. It's was tuned for other circuits and different tyres; I just threw on some SH's, bumped up the power to reach 450PP and left everything else as it were.

Only ran two laps, where the Demio was already well within the top 100 with a mid 2:19. Putting more than two laps in would obviously lower the time but I doubt it's a car that can challenge the leaders. However, I thought I'd share it in case somebody wants to drive something a bit different. The Demio '10 is a competitive car in my opinion but I've rarely seen it online. I kept the stock CVT transmission on, car has an oil change I believe, and setup numbers probably look odd to most tuners but that's how I like the handling of my cars. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

IMAG0794_zpstrekrljx.jpg

IMAG0795_zpscyypdw1b.jpg

IMAG0796_zpss0i2w4v1.jpg

IMAG0797_zpsrnsntvyh.jpg

I was using the Megane RS Trophy. My best time so far is 2:27.5 with a tuned FTO GP Version R '99. The car felt very fast, but apparently not fast enough.

Edit: Weird. I suddenly got 2:23.8 in the C4 Coupe 2.0VTS '05. That car felt slower than the FTO.
On this track especially, slow is fast (except when cutting through the chicanes). It's fun and feels fast to hang the tail out, but since there's no power back there, it really kills speed.

However, I thought I'd share it in case somebody wants to drive something a bit different.

Cool, will give it a go, i also do that on all TTs (testing a lot of 'alternative' options and fine tuning them in the process)

The most fun i had here was in a Scirocco R with a 50/50 distribution and a hint of oversteer... Good car.

Last edited:
Did a 2.27.178 2.25.973 in a Toyota Yaris RS Turbo (J).

Edit:Used a NA Integra DC5 and did a 2.24.138 2.23.525.

Last edited:
Dont like Ascari. cannt find nice flow. To be honest, hardly ever, drive on this track. Will give it a crack later.

I used my ITR DC2 for 5 laps with a best of 2:29, just couldn't get it done. Checked the leaderboard and saw that everyone was using the DC5 (duh). Switched to the DC5 and struck gold the first lap. Not a bad car/track combo, but I hate FWD, so I won't be going back.

Integra DC5?

Ascari is a nice flowing track.

Suspension.

150 front, 70 Rear.
2.84/2.81

Brake Balance 3/8
Race gearbox default set to 155mph
Diff 5/40/15

High RPM Turbo.

Easy gold tune. :cheers:

EDIT:Tunes here.
Thanks, that got me a 2:20.772! :D