4K 2021 LG TV-Running PS2 GT4 In 1080i

• Thread starter 2_FAST_4_U
  • 4 comments
United States
U.S.A.
So I purchased the new LG UP8000 50in 4k tv which sadly the new tv’s do not support the 5 regular component cables allowing for 1080i ntsc. My old plasma blew up from use which worked great up to this last week. As a active “retro” gran turismo guy I have searched the boxes that covert component cables to hdmi but the reviews of many problems make me skeptical. I won’t play psx either, so that’s out as well. Any help or other suggestions would sure be appreciated by my crew ???

Last edited:
So I purchased the new LG UP8000 50in 4k tv which sadly the new tv’s do not support the 5 regular component cables allowing for 1080i ntsc. My old plasma blew up from use which worked great up to this last week. As a active “retro” gran turismo guy I have searched the boxes that covert component cables to hdmi but the reviews of many problems make me skeptical. I won’t play psx either, so that’s out as well. Any help or other suggestions would sure be appreciated by my crew ???
I had this below for a while now for my PS2, so I could play my games on my 40 inch 4K tv but I get 580i graphics, and I am happy with that.
Screenshot 2021-09-07 155109.png

Or you can use this below which is a PS3 connection, fits on my PS2. You can use the yellow & blue video component Cable Cords that come with your TV to use on this one.
Screenshot 2021-09-07 180623.png

Last edited:
You have a few options,

• You can buy a PS2 to HDMI Dongle like the one suggested above if your happy to just get a basic composite image and you won't get 1080i.
  • Get a component to HDMI converter box which are more expensive but you have to make sure the model you choose the right model because some claim to do things they dont!
  • Get an AV receiver that does HDMI video conversion of analogue inputs.

Hope that helps :) It's a shame so many new TV's don't even have one legacy port these days.

Another add to this thread… I only have 3 HDMI inputs on my new 4K TV so I found that this little gizmo worked well in adding a forth so to speak with the other above mentioned product.

E89AB129-A5E6-48C4-AC62-860AFCCBC26A.jpeg

Back