5-Car Garage

• Thread starter Apollo87
  • 345 comments
Mexico
Mexico City
Apollo87 & GTP_Apollo
So I looked up a bit to see if there was a thread about this, I still don't know if I should put this here or in Cars in General, but I see this more between the lines of the three wishes thread and the such if it doesn't belong I'm sure a mod will move it.

So I think that every man/woman has his/her perfect 5 car garage and mine at the moment looks kinda like this:

1)BMW M3 something like a daily driver

2)VW scirocco another daily driving car but much more economic

3)F430 there had to be a Ferrari in this and this would be the supercar of the list.

4)Honda Ridgeline, I don't think I'll use some heavy trucking so I chose it because it's very confortable.

5)2010 Camaro, Ok it isn't out yet but there has to be a muscle car in the mix.

As some may have noticed I didn't choose any classic cars or a little old cars basically due to the fact that I think todays' cars are balanced better in terms of everyday driveability and confort with fast driving.

So, what's yor 5 car garage?

Last edited:
Hmmm... on searching, I can't find anything, but I think this should be in "Cars in General"

Driveability? Well... if we're talking comfort, yes... going fast, yes... but if we're talking about pure, unadulterated fun in driving, nothing beats some of the older cars.

My five car garage would be:

mercedes_c63_amg.jpg

BMW M3 V8 / Mercedes Benz C63 AMG - I'd have to hear them back to back to decide which. Yes, I'm only buying these cars for the soundtrack. Oh well... might just get the Merc because it's prettier.

1973-carrera06.jpg

A Vintage Porsche 911 - Still undecided which one... but maybe a 993 Turbo or a 1970's 2.7 RS... still thinking... I'm leaning towards the 2.7 because it still looks like a classic car... and I don't think I would ever get tired of trying to master the tricky little beast...

car_photo_219914_7.jpg

Volvo 850 T5-R Station Wagon - fun. With a capital "T". I don't care about reliability, looks or handling. The "T" part is the only thing that matters. Oh, and the fact that it makes a good excuse for being a family car. Otherwise, I'd stick in a Subaru Forester STi... but it's not quite "oddball" enough for me. The ability to throw it around like aSubaru WRX, though... hmmm... of course, there's nothing that prevents me souping up the Volvo, right?

BT_rydell.jpg

04.mazda.miata.mazdaspeed.f34.500.jpg

Mazdaspeed Miata (NB, turbocharged) - classic looks, top-down fun, low weight, turbocharged "oomph". If only the NC had kept the hydraulic steering rack, that would be on this list, instead, as it's an exceptional car in its own right. But NB, for me, struck the correct balance between classic roadster feel and modernity... I'd go for the NA, in fact, but that car's just a wee bit too slow for my tastes.

SuzukiSwiftSport.jpg

Suzuki Swift 1.6 Sport - Not because it's particularly fast (and it isn't), but because every garage needs a hot hatch, and this one will do as well as any. I don't need the cavernous space of the Honda Fit (that's what the 850 is for) and I don't need the nostalgia provided by a 205 (that's what the 911 is for)... I just need a nippy little thing to do grocery runs when I don't feel like having too much fun. Doesn't hurt, either, that this thing has a retuned suspension, forged internals and a higher redline than its lesser cousins.

BMW X5, sport, with the twin-turbo diesel, in black - had one of the original X5's for a couple of years and it's just about the best car we ever owned

911 (997) GT3RS - in white. For general hooning around and track days.

Ferarri California/DB9 Volante/V8 Vantage Volante - any one of the 3 would do - for when the sun shines and the wifes car ;)

Lamborghini Muira 400SV - the most beautiful car ever built. I'm too tall to drive it any distance, so it would primarily be to look at when I needed cheering up.

Ducati 1098R - for days when I just feel like scaring myself silly

Golf GTI MkV - For the daily driver.
Audi RS4/BMW M3 E92 - Generally when I feel like some speed.
Aston V8 Vantage - For cruising around.
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI (In Issel Blue Pearl) - For the pleasure of driving.
Pagani Zonda F - I need a supercar... :sly:

I'd keep my current Renault Grand Espace Initiale 2.0dCi as the children love it, and it's mind-bendingly practical, plus comfortable and (for the type of vehicle) quick.

For general driving on my own, I'm really thinking about a BMW M3 Coupe. The current one with the SMG box. Although apparently there's a double-clutch box in the '09 model.

For silliness, an Ariel Atom of some variety.

For the occasion, for the noise, for the art, and for the fact that it's a Lamborghini, the Lamborghini LP640.

And because sometimes you need a car that is smart like a tailored suit, an Audi S8.

Hmmm.... Tough call this one! I´m a GT nutter myself, so something like this:
Ferrari 599 GTB - for the engine alone!

Aston Martin DBS - because it´s an Aston!

Maserati GranTurismo S - one of the best looking cars today

Mercedes Benz SL 65 AMG Black series - because it´s nuts!

Bentley Continental GT Speed - to comfortably go from A to B, quickly!

I have to get really wealthy to afford this though...

100_0767.JPG
I have been obsessed with getting a 1st gen mr2 for a while now...hell every garage needs its project car.

29_12_3---Honda-S2000_web.jpg

Another car I've dreamt about having for years. Yeah, I've got a thing for tiny, quick cars.

E39_M5_Jason_Tang.JPG

Another one that I've wanted for as long as I can remember...and the first non-Japanese car on my list. Also the only luxury car in the group.

civic_type_rr-thumb.jpg
Quite an upgrade from my POS civic, I love everything about this car.

Finally, I'll need something for the Pennsylvania winters, to take skiing, and whatever other winter activities come up. For this, I'd take a Jeep Rubicon.
rubicon_history_cjwillys.jpg

VW Touareg V6 TDi - practical and reasonably frugal everyday family transport.
Porsche 997 GT3 - for when i'm the only one who need transporting.
McLaren F1 - if you're going to have a supercar you might as well have the ultimate.
Road spec Metro 6R4 or Ford RS200 - if only to sit in the garage and occasionally stroke.
Caterham R400 or Mk1 Elise with the 280bhp supercharged Honda conversion - for trackdays.

Last edited:
XJ220 - One of the sexiest cars made, and it's British too.
Jaguar_XJ220_Pininfarina3.jpg

300 SL Gullwing Coupé - Sexy car, brilliant doors!
1957-300sl-2.jpg

Murcielago - Stunning looks, I'm sure it's not a shabby drive either.
images

Ford GT40 - Just look at it!
1968_Ford_GT40_Mk_I.jpg

Can't think of a 5th, I won't be greedy...

5 car garage? isnt that jus a tad greedy. haha :P

1) comfort driving: bmw 535i. chose this car cos it is luxurious and large enough, but not so large that i would hit something the moment i reverse. having said that, it provides a nice and comfortable drive and ride, but is not too dull at the same time.

2) everyday sports: 200sx silvia spec R. this is a cheap'ish.. (in a vague relative sorta sense). wun hurt too badly if anything happens to it. but still good enough as a performance car. mite tweak the car out. only problem is the appalling interior of late 1990's Japanese car interiors.

3) people mover: i can already hear all the groans and head bangs on the wall. but well since it is a 5 car garage. honda odessey? have not sat in one but imagine it to be large enough and good looking enough.

4) track car: R35 GTR. it IS THE GTR. wad more is there to say.? this car can be used everyday as well, problem being its not the most practical to use. would love to stretch this car on the occassional track days if possible.

5) audi r8: mid engined all wheel drive. why not a lambo some people mite ask.? one, audi has a better interior. two, the r8 is more user friendly on everyday roads.

so there u have it.. haha my choice of cars

1. Showroom condition 5th generation Prelude base model 5 speed, green with tan interior

2. Yellow Honda S2000 with red interior swap

3. Porsche 914 with an H22 or B18

4. NB Miata with minor suspension and engine work

5. Lotus 7 (replica or not) or any locust type car

1. Bowler Nemesis
2uyfupx.jpg

2. Koenigsegg CCXR Trevita
34h7y3a.jpg

3. Ferrari F458 Italia
2dtu42q.jpg

4. Jaguar XFR
112bh36.jpg

5. Rolls Royce Phantom Coupe
atklf.jpg

Last edited:
1. My current 1989 Jeep Wrangler
2. 1970 Chevy ElCamino SS454 LS6
3. 1993 Chevy K1500 regular cab, long bed, supercharged 4.3L V6 and 5-speed
4. 1985 Lamborghini Countach 5000QV
5. 1996 Chevy Impala SS

In no particular order:

1. 1991 Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione

2. 1954 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe

3. 1968 Ferrari 365 GTB/4

4. 1967 Volkswagen De Luxe Station Wagon

5. 1973 Porsche 911 2.7 RS

Quite a few of the lists above mine are stacked with cars that I personally would not want to take out daily.
I'd be afraid of the damage that could be inflicted on them in parking lots and on the freeway. And I live in a fairly sparsely populated state.
So my list, includes mostly "drivers'' as incredibly practical as it may sound:
1. 1962 Ford Thunderbird (in Peacock Green) with aftermarket Front disc brakes, A/C, and locking front seats. It was my first car after all.

2. The currently owned 2005 Ford Excursion-The entire family fits, and it absolutely rocks when the weather turns to crap.

3. 2006 or later Infiniti M35x-call it my daily driver with all wheel drive and creature comforts galore.
It's also small enough to fit in the garage at work, the Excursion will not.
Plus, how can you not love reclining rear seats at this price point?

4. A 993 Porsche- I'm no purist, but I love air-cooled Porsches, and the 993 is the pinnacle of their development.

5. Here I'm torn between a C5 Corvette (best looking of all modern 'Vettes IMHO) and a 2005 or later Infiniti G35 Coupe.
Both are good looking cars. Both could be daily drivers with ease. Both have huge dealer and aftermarket support for maintenance, repairs, and "upgrades".

You'll note that the SUV of the bunch is there because it's practical for my needs.
You'll also note that I chose cars that were either 'boulevardiers' or not blindingly fast.
I'm no longer a speed demon, and I really just need slightly better than "adequate" performance, with better than decent comfort.

Last edited:
Gil
A 996 Porsche- I'm no purist, but I love air-cooled Porsches, and the 996 is the pinnacle of their development.

993 was the last air-cooled Porsche.

As for my 5 car garage?

Porsche Boxster - 1st Gen with the base engine... Only 201 hp? Who cares? Very low entry price these days; still a fantastic vehicle in it's own right.
800px-1st_Porsche_Boxster.jpg

Ferrari 355GTS - I drove a targa-topped GTS model to diagnose a brake problem when I worked at a higher-end foreign auto shop. I was absolutely hooked at that point. Pure sex.
ferrarif355gts.jpg

Gixxerkart - With whatever mods necessary to make it legal for road use. The modifications would be extensive I'm sure, and it would likely be licensed as a kit car.

Audi RS2 Avant - Because I like Porsche mirrors, wheels, and 993-style front bumpers on Audis. No other explanation necessary. This would be the daily driver/functional car.
800px-Audi_RS2.jpg

BMW E30 M3 Sport Evolution - Just because. See the total reconstruction of this particular car to OEM spec here: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=588170
dsc0076nm0.jpg

Last edited:
0601_01z+Pantheon+Lamborghini_Murcielago_Maserati_MC12_Pagani_Zonda_F_Porsche_Carrera_GT+Rear_View_Track.jpg

but without the Murcie, and the Zonda would have to be a roadster in jet black with gunmetal grey wheels.
Daily Driver
lexus_isf.jpg

and for the family
renntech-mercedes-30-1-07.jpg

Its really difficult to answer, and I'll probably think of better ones as soon as I'm finished, but anyway:
1) Nissan GT-R (just for its brilliance)
2) BMW M5 (Brilliant, subtle, saloon)
3) Bugatti Veyron (Do I need a reason!)
4) BMW X6 (yes I do need a bit of an off-roader)
5) Pagani Zonda (need at least one super car)

1. Dauer 962 LM (In Black)
DAUER962LM.jpg

2. '93 Mazda RX-7 (FD3S)
1995mazdarx76891-396x249.jpg

3. Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS (4th Gen)
800px-83-86_Chevrolet_Monte_Carlo_S.jpg

4. Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32)
800px-Nissan_Skyline_R32_GT-R_002.jpg

5. Caterham Super 7 CSR
csr_main000.jpg

Gil
Oops! fixed.

Another classic that is a bit "lackluster" but IMHO would be fun is a 1965 Triumph TR4.

I've worked on many of these: ;)

Yes, electronics before you ask. There are many things that go wrong on them and they really do need to be maintained bi-annually, but they treat you as well as you treat them. Watch for rust, keeps the fluids full and fresh at all times, and hope you don't have to rewire the entire vehicle at any point.

I've worked on many of these: ;)

Yes, electronics before you ask. There are many things that go wrong on them and they really do need to be maintained bi-annually, but they treat you as well as you treat them. Watch for rust, keeps the fluids full and fresh at all times, and hope you don't have to rewire the entire vehicle at any point.

The thing that keeps me out of British cars, especially older ones, is that I once owned one.:lol:

As I'm not terribly mechanical, despite my father's best efforts to teach me, I eschew British cars. They do tend to have fabulous lines.

However, there is little difference between a live pet and a British car.
Both need constant vigilance and maintanence to be at their best.
Neglect either and you'll be sorry.

1) Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 Roadster - Obvious reasons.
2) Ferrari 550 Maranello - Beautiful car. Nothing left to say.
3) BMW M5 E39 - My mother owned an E39 gen. 5 Series, so I became hooked on the bodystyle. Not too mention, it's still an amazing vehicle.
4) Porsche 996 GT2 - Flawless design; track warrior.
5) 2010 Chevy Camaro SS - I love this car.

Daily Driver
Infiniti M45 Sport
20070821-2008-infiniti-m-45-s-1.jpg

Fast and luxurious but cheaper than the rest of the competition.

Work truck
Ford F450 Superduty
131_0703_03_z+2008_ford_f450_super_duty+front_passenger_side_view.jpg

I just like big trucks.

Weekend Car
Aston Martin DBS
aston-martin-dbs-4-L.jpg

Everyone needs a sexy weekend car.

The Family Car
Mercedes Benz E63 AMG Wagon
0705_500_mercedes_e63_caption.jpg

Because who doesn't want to do that ^ in a car that can haul the whole family + the dog?

The Rare Car
Nissan Skyline R34 GTR

Most people on this forum have probably wanted one at some point in time.

Last edited:
Back