5 levels of play for GT mode

• Thread starter TRLWNC7396
  • 9 comments
United States
WNC
TRLWNC
Will you please give us 5 levels of play for GT mode?

Yes, the following looks like a suggestion, but I am merely trying to clarify my thoughts because I have had questions about what I meant when I mentioned this before. And I'm not going into ALL of the levels of this, so I'm leaving it to him to decide the implementation.

Some may want this to include arcade mode, but I would like to keep them separate, and I will post a question for arcade in a moment.

If we had 5 levels of play in GT mode ranging from casual to expert, we could have everyone be happy at their experience/capacity level.

If someone doesn't care about licence tests, fine. Put in some sliders for AI speed, aggressiveness, tuning ability, etc and only allow casual players to turn them up to a certain amount.

But... If someone is able and wants to (academy winners or close to it), they can gold the Expert licenses, thereby clearing access to all of levels (1-5). They can then have the ability to set the sliders to their maximum setting.

I am confident that this will open up offline for everyone, and can be reflected in the ability to go online by allowing people to need to have cleared a certain level of ability to race them.

This could be tied to arcade only in that cars and tracks for arcade could be cleared for use by clearing levels. But, the intent of which level to be attained needs to be separate from the licenses because some (me) can't get to S-licence, and still want to be able to compete in those events.

I hope this makes sense. I will clarify if needed.

Here is my arcade question:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/arcade-mode-championships.310038/

Last edited:
Something like this would be very good. I used to think that the various levels of Performance Points with each car was enough to provide the level of difficulty for the game, but not only would people be pushed into driving cars they may not like or drive well with, the level of challenge is often not that different.

I find that most people who can put in 3-5 hours a day can achieve S-license without too much difficulty. But, I am not one of them. So, having AI that can challenge an Academy racer is not going to give me a chance. Hence the level of difficulty available in the sliders. (And an appropriate maximum.)

Holy sunken treasure! :boggled: This thing only got FIVE VOTES??

Gee... and there were some rather notorious members here who were adamant that Gran Turismo should have a difficulty level. Very vocal about it, and won me over to their side. Aaand... nope, they didn't vote. In fact, almost NO one voted.
Planeteers, this is what many of you have been begging for. :gtpflag:

Holy sunken treasure! :boggled: This thing only got FIVE VOTES??

Gee... and there were some rather notorious members here who were adamant that Gran Turismo should have a difficulty level. Very vocal about it, and won me over to their side. Aaand... nope, they didn't vote. In fact, almost NO one voted.
Planeteers, this is what many of you have been begging for. :gtpflag:
The entire GT Offline mode is already well covered here.
Looks like people want the broader strokes covered and not just bits and pieces of much larger issues.

THIS. PD, kaz, I just dont get why you didnt implement difficult levels yet. This feature MUST be in every racing game, just as gap references with the car in front and behind. When is PD going to include both of them? After they scan other planet surface?....

Last edited:
The entire GT Offline mode is already well covered here.
Looks like people want the broader strokes covered and not just bits and pieces of much larger issues.
Uhm... maybe that slipped my mind because there's no difficulty slider on real world motorsports. ;) I was thinking mostly of that "real world" part.

But you are so right on many of these related issues needing to be lumped together, which is something I've been asking for, because Kaz-san has only so much time to spend on this little project. We really need bang-for-question, so hopefully Jordan can help us out with this.

Last edited:
The question of damage adds to this question, as well. Do we want the top level to have a minimum damage level?

Levels sound OK from the player's end, but five levels would pose quite a challenge to someone like PD who struggled with only two levels in GT3. Hardly anyone ever used the Professional level.

That's fair. I haven't really expected them to do so, as they are happy with "we'll let you win", but it presents an idea for possibilities.

Back