5 Years & Running

Eric Demory

Formerly known as “Crooooooow”
Premium
United States
Dallas, TX
Looking back now, GTPlanet has changed me for the better. GTPlanet has made me more social, interactive, independent, reliable, and most of all... happy.

I started out five years ago, just searching for information about Gran Turismo to pass the time I had available on dial-up until my dad needed to use it for business purposes (Checking the news on WWE). I wasn't sure what a forums was, I didn't know how it worked. But, after several failed attempts and a few infractions, I finally figured the system out and enjoyed my stay with no more worries of moderators watching my every move.

On July 23, 2009 I joined the site. My first intentions were to create a colossal of threads devoted to assisting others with questions they had about GT3 or GT4 (I was a nice guy... but with short knowledge). Keep in mind, I was new to this online social area known as a forum. Those Q&A threads were shut down within hours by the famous emeritus @Duke and @Smallhorses and @daan. They explained their reasoning behind their actions, multiple times, but my sensitive stubby personality took it as an insult. So, discussion continued to fly back and forth through the next day I believe. A few days later, my intention was to create yet another thread, but this time the subject was to ask "What is the deal?!" to cover my situation. Two members who went, or still do, go by something like "MafiaKid" and "80Y 2KY" now @Boffin, as I vaguely recall. The time it took for them to explain to my enclosed mind was horrendous. My oh my I was arrogantly sensitive as a child. I sure gave those guys a rough time attempting to deal with me and I want to apologize for my childish behavior back then.

Since then, I have met a great number of the nicest people anyone could ever encounter. @SVX (The best of them all, the youngest most responsible member), @CarBastard, @leeislee, @bmxmitch, @Daniel, @Jordan, @oldmodelt, @sneakyboy62, @Skython, @Nato_777, @ShaolinMasta, @mazda787, @cphbullet ("More chins than a chinese phone book") My God I get a good laugh every time I see that avatar :lol:, @Dooblewasur, @Korza (All of the fun smartass conversations we used to have :) ), @Vandy, @jus1029, @Peter, @mazdaman, @Downhill Dino, @Dragonistic, @Legendary, @Prince.M5, @Snowboard_kid, @m2595, @paddycars1, @NISMO_SKYLINE, @LancerEvo7, @JonesyGT246, @GT-R, @nk4e, @Pitracer100, @Pako, @Touring Mars, @Trial_Echidna, @tankuroded, @Slash, @Danny, and holy crap this is just a percentage of all of the fellow folks I have interacted with throughout the years. I get along better with people over GTPlanet than I do in reality. Not much due to poor social skills with the drag of a stuttering issue, but that GTPlanet is such a welcoming place for everyone to feel unique, to feel like someone important.

Most of my time has been devoted to the Photomode competitions once GT5 released. My chances of victory were poor, but I slowly improved to be like the superior photographers. My biggest influences are @mazda787, @leeislee, @bmxmitch, @zambuca, @SlipZtrEm, @Nato_777, @RaY29rus, @NBDESIGNZ, @TVR&Ferrari_Fan, @ShaolinMasta, @Taiga, and @Giulietta73. With the influences of this amazing-ass mo-fo's, I managed to build up an interest in photography. If it weren't for these guys, I wouldn't be wanting to find a college course to take in photography that fits under Graphic Designs Technology.

After five years, I have recently created a Youtube channel that I am definitely going to put a lot of my time into quality videos of me playing video games or just making random video game montages. I watch Youtube everyday and mainly watch gaming channels such as Game Grumps, Inside Gaming, Markiplier, and Two Old For This **** (With GTAIV's Roman - Jason Zumwalt and Bioshock's Robert Lutece - Oliver Vaquer). My number one influence are the Game Grumps, mainly the original Arin "Egoraptor" Hanson and Jon "Jontron" Jafari crime fighting duo. Don't get me wrong, Danny Sexbang (Ninja Sex Party) is hilarious as well, but I grew up with Jon and Arin so to say. I would enjoy to team up with a close friend where we never run out of conversation just like the Gume Gramps so this Let's Play business would be exciting than just fun. But for now, I am going at it solo.

My name.... is PsychOdelic Fusion, and I've come on a mission...to find my sense of control. OH, and to play video games using my army. These hands that hold the prophecy. Pack up the guns, armor, several liters of Dr. Pepper, all six White Stripes albums with a CD player, and a lifetime supply of Slim Jims to snap into. OH YEEAH! Occasionally, I'll give you some righteous montages of righteous game stuff with righteous background music, all created by moi.

This is just my channel preview video to give you a nice shiny glimpse of what I will put on for display for all you lovelies!

I do tend to cuss and say OK a lot, but I will attempt to cut down on it and use the cussing for the right moments. If I cuss for just about every damn thing, then the video's commentary is going to soon become bland and boring as hell. Save the cussing for the right moments and use the right amount of emphasis like Arthur from The Larry Sanders Show or the comedy legend himself, George Carlin.

I want to thank every close member from the bottom of my heart for all of the good times we had and still have and will continue to hold on for the future. Every moment is golden and is kept in a special part of my soul for eternity. The greater gift would be to meet many of you in person in the near future. Thanks once again and God bless every single one of you for all you have given me! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Last edited:
Weird I didn't get an alert despite being tagged...? Anyways! Congrats on 5 and hope to see you around more! Be around for that decade mark. :cheers:

Last edited:
Weird I didn't get an alert despite being tagged...? Anyways! Congrats on 5 and hope to see you around more! Be around for that decade mark. :Cheers:
I need to make more activity here and I will definitely be around for another 5, when :gtplanet: is my Cloud 9.

It'll be interesting to see how a lot of our 10 year threads turn out.

Yay! I was mentioned in a thing! And congrats for 5 years, and stuff.

Your Youtube channel seems... Interesting, subbed and waiting for more... So get your face off the computer screen and.. Go to another screen and record more vids. :P

Your Youtube channel seems... Interesting, subbed and waiting for more... So get your face off the computer screen and.. Go to another screen and record more vids. :P
I've got a crap load of videos already lined up for publishing. I've been working on this Youtube gig for months now, and I've finally got up to par to kick it off already. I am extremely excited, especially after putting hours after hours of hard work into each video to max out their quality.

Please share with your friends and family, or just friends. Doing so will be appreciated a hell of a lot! 👍

Congratulations on the five year anniversary, Eric, and I hope you stick around for many more. 👍

Thank you for the kind words as well. I really need to make my five year anniversary thread, it was more than six years ago. :lol:

Cheers to that! :cheers:

Congratulations on 5+ years! You should enjoy this and this if you haven't seen it already (a little congrats gift). I'll definitely be keeping an eye on your channel, good luck with it! :cheers:

Congrats on the big milestone, Eric! 👍

Here's to the next 5! :cheers:

By the way, @Boffin's previous username was "80Y 2C2", which meant "Boy Racer". That brings back so many great memories, now that I think of it...

Last edited:
Congratulations on 5+ years! You should enjoy this and this if you haven't seen it already (a little congrats gift). I'll definitely be keeping an eye on your channel, good luck with it! :cheers:
I especially enjoy the Jon's ECH site! Thank you very much bro! :cheers: Also, thank you for checking out my channel. I'll be adding more content either tomorrow or Tuesday. I want to wait a bit until I get some more audience members.

Hey, if it isn't EricdemoryGT! :D

Congratulations on your time on GTP. I honestly don't know how I was helpful to you but I'm glad I could be of any help to a fellow GTP'er. I use the expression "fellow GTP'er" a lot because, even though I don't spend much time here lately, I share your appreciation for this wonderful place for discussion and comradery called GTP, even to the point where I consider it my home in the internet.

:cheers: Here's hoping GTP and it's spirit lives on for years to come, and that folks like you are still around so we can have more great times! :gtpflag:

..... Two members who went, or still do, go by something like "MafiaKid" and "80Y 2KY" now @Boffin, as I vaguely recall. The time it took for them to explain to my enclosed mind was horrendous. My oh my I was arrogantly sensitive as a child. I sure gave those guys a rough time attempting to deal with me and I want to apologize for my childish behavior back then.

By the way, @Boffin's previous username was "80Y 2C2", which meant "Boy Racer". That brings back so many great memories, now that I think of it...

NAWWW!! :embarrassed: Here I was thinking my fluctuating GTP visiting patterns have meant I get lost amongst the thousands of names swimming around here.

And @Crooooooow I am well chuffed my slight council at the start has helped bring on such change. I remember seeing you around at the start, adding everyone as friends and starting a million threads and just thinking to myself "ohh golly". I was the best new member of 2009 (yeah, kind of a big deal :sly: lol jks) so I can understand how it is to come to a forum and learn the ropes. Congrats and I am sure you will see out many more great years here! :cheers:

@Boffin, I also remember the 'Best New Member' reference in your signature. :sly: Great to see you're still around, old chap. 👍

Happy 5 years :) Thank you for tagging me in that group of amazing photographers - not sure if I can live up to it ;) Unfortunately I am no longer the owner of a PS3 so my 'career' is on hold - however I will be back when GT has its premiere on PS4. (In the meantime you will find me at the Driveclub)

You mentioned me, I'm honoured! :P

But seriously, it's nice to see you around the planet, I for one appreciate your presence within this realm.

Cause really, if you think about it. We're all just people who have gathered because of our love for one impressive racing game series. Your spirit seems to represent the essence of what this community should be.

Congrats on the 5 years 👍

Back