50 Greatest liveries of all time.

• Thread starter albteman015
  • 1,617 comments
Test Liveries are almost virtually the same throughout every racecar; black. Nothing "great" about them.

I give you the McLaren MP4/12. Tested in classic McLaren Orange. Very swish, I think.

mclarenOrangeMP4-12.jpg

Of course I read it, I'm just citing an example of a non-black test livery and I quite liked the orange MP4/12. It looked better on the track than in that picture. The white background ruins it.

Loved the Renault test livery a few years back:
s1_1.jpg

British American Racing test liveries:
990120med.jpg

26493.jpg

davidson-monza04.jpg

Coulthards last one was nice:
9.jpg

Williams in red back in 1998/99:
_45332142_williams1998.jpg

rschu_will_spa_99_wf1med.jpg

Nice shot of the oragne McMErcs:
mp421-lg.jpg

I always loved that 406 Ultron livery.

Yes! It's one of my absolute all time favourites.

Peter: Yours is a 1999 Renault, mine was 1998. And that's a 1999 Nissan. This is the 1998 one.

luLYavH.jpg

Massive difference I know but if we're being accurate...

Last edited:
I don't have a picture but I think the best car livery is the one that was on the top gear 24 hour BMW

Funny thing was, I was at the race, and did not even see the joke until the scene where they standing next to the cars with the doors open, that aired months later.... up until then I just thought they were some strange sponsors!

edit:

large2012.jpg

4320557790_f73fec92d8_z.jpg

Yes! It's one of my absolute all time favourites.

Peter: Yours is a 1999 Renault, mine was 1998. And that's a 1999 Nissan. This is the 1998 one.

pics-max-14974-331878-1998-nissan-primera-btcc.jpg

Massive difference I know but if we're being accurate...

I'd basically just Googled the cars from TOCA 2 Touring Cars. The graphics were so poor in that game that it's hard to tell which ones they were in real life!

I'd basically just Googled the cars from TOCA 2 Touring Cars. The graphics were so poor in that game that it's hard to tell which ones they were in real life!

Blasphemy Peter, Blasphemy! For 1998 they were pretty good.

TOCA 1 and 2 are still well inside the top 10 of 'games I play most often'

Blasphemy Peter, Blasphemy! For 1998 they were pretty good.

TOCA 1 and 2 are still well inside the top 10 of 'games I play most often'

I play TOCA 2 when I can, but I achieved little success in TOCA 1, the AI were really fast! (Or my lack of racing experience at that set me back)

I play TOCA 2 when I can, but I achieved little success in TOCA 1, the AI were really fast! (Or my lack of racing experience at that set me back)

TOCA 2 is much tougher, but both games have their pros and cons. Still the only official games about supertouring. Shame. A game like that on 7th Gen would be epic.

---

Sex
cv980620.jpg

TOCA 2 is much tougher, but both games have their pros and cons. Still the only official games about supertouring. Shame. A game like that on 7th Gen would be epic.

There was also TOCA World Touring Cars. That was very good, but it only came out on PlayStation and GBA so it never got blessed with better graphics.

There was also TOCA World Touring Cars. That was very good, but it only came out on PlayStation and GBA so it never got blessed with better graphics.

True, I neglected to say British supertourers. And even then, Race Driver 1 was the third and last BTCC game. And it was pretty poor.

GT40_at_Goodwood.jpg

Gulf GT40

Kasey+Kahne+2011+NASCAR+Daytona+Speedweek+oVXR-OUNIBul.jpg

Red Bull Toyota Camry (Kasey Kahne's old car).

4754648323_761972442b_b.jpg

CLASSIC Lotus colors. :sly:
(Though I DO like the new black and gold)

2yzct2u.jpg

That slick as frack Drive to End Hunger IMPALA (Jeff Gordon).

mclaren-vadermask.jpg

And.. well.. anything related to the McLaren F1 team. Shiny. :drool:

Back