500PP Classic Muscle Car Championship

United States
Anchorage, AK
nomeite
500PP Classic Muscle Car Championship
Period of Availability: 2012/09/26 23:00 -

This is an expert level race event for classic muscle cars built in 1980 or earlier. Cars can be tuned up to 500PP, and tires are limited to Sports/Medium or less. If you keep the performance points (PP) of your car low, a "Performance Difference Bonus" will increase the prize credits you receive. For example, a 450PP car will receive approximately double the normal prize.

500PP Classic Muscle Car Championship: Daytona Super Speedway / 5 Laps
1st: Cr.169,500 2nd: Cr.93,225 3rd: Cr.67,800

500PP Classic Muscle Car Championship: Cape Ring Outside / 3 Laps
1st: Cr.236,000 2nd: Cr.129,800 3rd: Cr.94,400

500PP Classic Muscle Car Championship: Laguna Seca Raceway / 4 Laps
1st: Cr.187,500 2nd: Cr.103,125 3rd: Cr.75,000

500PP Classic Muscle Car Championship: Madrid City Course Reverse / 4 Laps
1st: Cr.200,000 2nd: Cr.110,000 3rd: Cr.80,000

500PP Classic Muscle Car Championship: Eifel (Circuit) 110A / 3 Laps
1st: Cr.176,600 2nd: Cr.97,130 3rd: Cr.70,640

Prize ticket for winning all events (thanks to Dalone): Camaro LM Race Car

Last edited:
Interesting that the new seasonal is restricted to pre-1980 AMERICAN cars, but the OCD is updated with pre-1980 JAPANESE cars.

The old GT40 '69 is working well here to get the wins out of the way first @50% power (250hp) and 200kg (1198kg).
Daytona = $583,080.....Cape Ring = $830720. Back to work.

Not there yet but I think it tells you, wait, it's a Camaro LM Race Car.

So, Laguna $660000 @ 246hp and 462PP. My hp keeps going down by itself, I started Daytona with 250hp and 464PP.

This made my night. Love the cars and all the tracks except Madrid. Won them all in my trusted '69 Camaro first time around except Madrid which took 3 times. Track of choice for lowering PP level will be Eifel. Love that track. Did many, many laps there during that one GT-R Special Event we had there awhile ago. Thats the TT event that got me hooked on time trialing and I haven't looked back since. Couldn't be happier with this update.

Madrid was the hardest and I was only making 2nd with 462PP (246hp) so went up to 329hp - 500PP and won it easily, $400,000.
I could win Daytona at a lower PP than 464 but can't go any lower in the GT 40.
Reckon Eifel is the most fun.
Will try other cars later, kids home from school.

Everyone seems to be going for the big guns I'm using a tuned cuda. Blew Daytona out of the water and moving to the next race.

Only done daytona up to now, but down to 445pp in a GT350R'65 without any problems.

There is more interesting AI behaviour, not as fun as the spinning lambos at toscana, but I have noticed more often than not a Corvette coupe C2 rabbit sprints off into the lead. At higher pp he is easy to chase down, but without a draft on lower pp he can be a bit harder.

However on the last lap, as you start lapping slower cars the Corvette will get boxed behind two of the slower cars, and not move out of the draft to overtake... This costs him 5 to 8 seconds on his last lap....

So if you are running in second and a little behind going into the last lap dont be tempted to restart... you should breeze by the rabbit once he gets boxed in.

EDIT: This seems to be dependent on start order. Went back later to try lower PP, and found that while rabbit still lost time on last lap, it was not so much maybe only 3 or 4 seconds, as it did not get boxed in behind same cars.

Jonny

Last edited:
This made my night. Love the cars and all the tracks except Madrid. Won them all in my trusted '69 Camaro first time around except Madrid which took 3 times. Track of choice for lowering PP level will be Eifel. Love that track. Did many, many laps there during that one GT-R Special Event we had there awhile ago. Thats the TT event that got me hooked on time trialing and I haven't looked back since. Couldn't be happier with this update.

Fun new seasonal, but I do not have a good tune for '69 Camaro after the update :eek:

I just ddi the Daytona, and finish 1st using a Corvette Stingary L46 350 (C3) '69. But the IA its so stupid. Im a 4 seconds for te 1st opponent, and on the last lap we cacth the last opponents, but the IA dont pass the last guy and stay bheind him. I pass him and finish with more 8 second, this in the last lap.

Fun new seasonal, but I do not have a good tune for '69 Camaro after the update :eek:

I think I used Praiano's tune on my Camaro. I'm not sure as I put that tune on the car way back before I started tuning so I don't really remember where I got the tune from. Pretty sure you could probably win these with the default settings as they seem pretty easy. Check Praiano's garage tho if you need a tune, pretty sure he has one.

Did Daytona 1st go had 480 pp past the leader before the end of the 2nd lap , i used the Camara 69, then got first with 470 pp. This event really boosts your A Spec points

Ford Mk IV

Power 50% (240hp) Ballast 200kg (1200kg total), about 480PP, with downforce set to minimum.

Spent most of the day doing this..used a GT40 race car at first...then a Clueless tunes Shelby GT350..and just used a Chevy Camaro z28 (Prainio tune)..got first in the first 3 races, but only 2nd and 3rd at Madrid and Eifel..

..gonna have another go tomorrow!..:)

Spent most of the day doing this..used a GT40 race car at first...then a Clueless tunes Shelby GT350..and just used a Chevy Camaro z28 (Prainio tune)..got first in the first 3 races, but only 2nd and 3rd at Madrid and Eifel..

..gonna have another go tomorrow!..:)

Just finished all events in the Gt350, daytona at 445PP, and cape ring at 470pp.

Just noticed you are in same town as me!!!

Good luck tomorrow:tup:

I used a Tempest Le Mans GTO '64 for Daytona, a Charger 440 R/T '70 for the Cape Ring and the Corvette Convertible (C3) '69 for both the Eifel and Laguna Seca circuits.

Just have the Madrid circuit left to do now!

Used a Corvette Convertible (C3) '69 with some little tuning (464pp) and won all races in first try...easy stuff, only madrid was a little bit challenging ;)

Has anyone won a $million here yet?
I managed $830,720 at Cape Ring yesterday while I was still using the GT40 @50% power (250hp) and 200kg (1198kg), as low as it will go.

Strange i had the most problems with Laguna.
If you start the event's with a Vette upfront it seems harded to catch.

Can we use race-modded cars in this? Or is it limited to street cars only?

Stupidly (As seems to be the norm for PD these days), you can use both the 'Vette race car as well as the 2D. I had a 500PP 2D from one of the TT's (I think) & when I went into the cars that qualify for entry in my garage, it showed. So I tried entering it & sure enough, I was able to. Then tried entering the 'Vette & had the same result. I did'nt try & enter a Ford race car, but if you can get the PP down to 500, I'm sure you could.

Using the Mach 1 for the actual races. I'll try something else tonight.

Last edited:
Ford Mustang Mach 1 did the trick for me...
Due to some flaw in my driving (smashed into the wall 3rd lap chicane) I lost Madrid with .126 seconds on first attempt.

Fun to drive again, got me into doing all the other seasonals too 👍

That's was fun, really enjoyed this seasonal. The only one I had trouble with was Madrid, had to resort to the GT40 for that. But the rest were done In the forever entertaining Ford Shelby Mustang, great fun.

Back