500pp Club. Closed

• Thread starter CTR Driver
  • 1,160 comments
Could this be the final race on PS3?
With that segue...

This won't be the final race for 500PP Club. However it will be the first of a winding down to September 10th's event.

With August 20th being a GT3 (most likely one make TBD)at Bathurst and a as yet undecided finalé.

I'm open to suggestions. Was there a favourite anyone would like to recreate? Or a combo that you never got to choose? Now is your moment to suggest.

A reminder to anyone attending, I will endeavour to have a room open by 20:00 BST. However I have failed frequently over the last 4-5 evenings I have hosted due to network bugs. I will PSN message those online when it is up and running.

With only 2 drivers, the final event for this cycle of 500PP Club ended up being cancelled.

Network stability has plagued GT6 of late. Coupled with other idiosyncrasies it seems fitting to draw a line at this point. With no GT title expected for at least the next 3 months, I intend to rest the club for at least that period of time. Worse yet I may close permanently, if my personal circumstances require it. Though this is something I'd not want to do willingly, as I have enjoyed each event and all the drivers I have shared the track with.

As the club drives into the night I'll leave you with an homage to the person that inspired me to create this space.
City of Arts and Sciences - Night.jpg

Last edited:
It's been a blast! The series and creator have been amazing. Nice track/car combos, great racers. Sad that it's come to an end tho, but as next gen came about most have made the switch. With the racing games we have now tho, another league would be amazing on assetto corsa, (when there's private lobbies) lol because we ain't seeing gt sport until next year, at least. But it's pd so no surprise there. Hopefully see you all on track sometime soon. Gary it's been great and that's down to the planning you put in. Thankyou

Well done Gary on an excellent club. Unfortunately due to personal circumstances and a mountain of course work I havnt been very present this year so have missed most of the races. However my Diploma comes to an end early next year, hopefully before the new GT hits shelves so I would like to think I will be ready to go again.

I am humbled that you took inspiration from that small certain club I created, but it was you guys that made it what it became so I think the homage should go to you all for being awesome virtual sportsmen.

I will see you all on the track in the near future.

Damn what a shame, I actually have time to participate for the first time in ages this october and the club closes down, sad news. Finishing up on my second state exam end of november. Seems like GT6 still has all the same old problems. Any of you onto different racing games?

Damn what a shame, I actually have time to participate for the first time in ages this october and the club closes down, sad news. Finishing up on my second state exam end of november. Seems like GT6 still has all the same old problems. Any of you onto different racing games?
I'm plodding through the career on Project Cars. I've tried it online and found it awkward. Though that may be more because I'm too used to GT and the way they have done things. I have also got a copy of Assetto Corsa, which I've yet to put in my PS4.

As to the club closing I can only say I may have to revise the type and where the racing takes place, to continue. I may re-brand and start afresh, to mirror the platform change. But at this point I'm keeping the options open.

I hope your exam goes well.

Back