• Thread starter shepzki
  • 75 comments

shepzki

-.-. .- -... -... .- --.
Premium
England
England
shepzki
This is an expert level race event using FR cars.

Tuning is allowed up to 500PP, and tires are limited to Sports Medium or less.

Prize is a LVL 9 Ticket. OCD has been updated:

(S) Nissan SILEIGHTY '98
(S) Toyota CELICA XX 2800GT '81
(S) Pontiac GTO 5.7 Coupe '04
(S) Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z Concept '88
(S) Tom's X540 CHASER '00
(S) Toyota SPRINTER TRUENO GT-APEX (S.Shigeno Ver.) '00
(S) Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R '00
(S) Jaguar XKR R Performance '02
(S) Nismo GT-R LM Road Going Version '95
(S) Audi R8 Race Car (Audi PlayStation Team ORECA) '05
(S) Pescarolo Sport C60 Hybride - Judd Race car '05
(S) Ford SVT F-150 Lightning '03
(S) BMW M3 GTR Race Car '01
(S) Gran Turismo Formula Gran Turismo
List generated on mygranturismo.net (edit)

Rome City Course Reverse - 5 Laps - Cr.320,000
Trial Mountain Circuit - 5 Laps - Cr.310,000
Mazda Raceway Laguna SECA - 5 laps - Cr.325,000
Special Stage Route 5 - 5 Laps - Cr.310,000
Eifel (Kart) 100A - 5 Laps - Cr.330,000

ONCE AGAIN SRF IS OPTIONAL

Last edited:
Incase anyone has trouble on the last event the S2K is easy to beat it with and the Amuse R1 if your really struggling.

5 straight wins with BMW M3 GTR 03.

This was incredibly easy, plenty of room to win with a lower pp.

Again, to easy using BMW M3.
Come on PD how about tyre and fuel stops adds a bit of spice to it.
Why is tyre wear never on???

I also used the BMW M3 GTR '03 for this event. Stock @ 497PP on S2 tires with a BB of 8/5. All aids off except for ABS=1. I did have to do Rome Reverse twice to get gold but all the others were one run Golds but I've not really been playing all that much lately. So little in fact that my bonus is always 110% now. :( The car is a complete joy to drive with great turn in and amazing handling with the ability to easily drift any corner just for fun. It's definitely a go to car to get this event done with all Gold.

Sark

Again, to easy using BMW M3.
Come on PD how about tyre and fuel stops adds a bit of spice to it.
Why is tyre wear never on???

With only 5 lap races I don't think you're going to see Tire/Fuel consumption on as it really doesn't make all that much sense. Sure there's going to be tire wear and some fuel consumption but not so much that you can't do all five laps without pitting even on the softest tires and the fastest wear setting.

Sark

Don't think fuel and tyre usage would help on these shorter races, but would be nice to have perhaps some longer races say of 10 laps or so?

But I like these tracks for this seasonal, nice to have variety, tracks with some flow in a circuit.

Did all of these with the 'Viper SRT10 ACR '08' that i have been using for the TT because i could not be bothered to go to my garage to pick something else.

I striped it of all pp parts and limited power to 50% [300bhp] then added ballast up to 1375kg to get the 500pp needed, also adjusted final gear for max speed of 150mph.

It was good fun driving it at that power level.

With only 5 lap races I don't think you're going to see Tire/Fuel consumption on as it really doesn't make all that much sense. Sure there's going to be tire wear and some fuel consumption but not so much that you can't do all five laps without pitting even on the softest tires and the fastest wear setting.

Sark

I was thinking of 10 - 20 laps on very fast make it worthwhile.

Fun drive with Alfa Carrozzata, did all at 489pp, as usual didnt like the kart track. Calloway the ticket.

Won them all with a Chevrolet Silverado SST. Like a rock baby!!! Cause that's exactly how it handled!!!!!. The truck was fully upgraded already. I added 200 kilo's of ballast and limited the engine power to fall under the specs. I had to do special stage route 5 twice because the transmission needed to be dropped down so it would shift faster. All in all I had fun. I have no idea what car I won. My delivery truck has been glitching. It will not load some prize cars or prize tickets for some reason. I have to go in and delete them. I am thinking of detuning Jay Leno's tank car and trying Deep Forrest again. Lots of HP, but the car only goes in a straight line :lol:

Last edited:
Oh great, thank you, another race with a couple of specific winning cars where you get ***another rolling start*** and you need to play bumper cars with 9 or 10 other really slow cars, as you chase that top car, who by the way started almost 25 to 30 sec. ahead of you, within 5 laps. But I have to admit they added a few longer tracks to race this time in but they HAD to ADD that last KART TRACK !!!. Driving simulation my @ss!! Strongly considering bypassing the next GT game.

So I finally got it done,I used a CSL Stock,with Sport Mediums and eased through the first 4 races,that is until Eifel which the M3 really is too big for although I did come 2nd and 3rd once,(another E46 won the race I was 2nd in..:ouch: I was 2.5 seconds behind) so yeah I tried in an 86GT and got nowhere before eventually "cheating" in an RX-7 tc and even that was hard to win with..for me at least.

Edit: if anyone cares the level 9 ticket gave me an Aston Martin V8 in BRG.:)

Last edited:
Used the TVR Tuscan Speed 6 and a Praiano tune to easily win Laguna Seca @495 PP. What a pleasure to drive, especially after the frenetic pace I've been on trying to win on the Nurb in the Dream Car 710 PP.

Reference point for rome reverse at 415pp 6:57.xxx. 1.728.000cr. with IS 200 GT-1 RC 04. Still learnig backwards track! Trying diff setups and cars........Supra RZ 97 rabbit. think the slowest one

Mugen s2000 '00 410pp 6:57.xxx, bl 1:21.6xx, 1.792.000

Last edited:
i've been doing it with the GT-R LM Road Going Version and i've been having a blast with it makes for some tough races too

Pulled out my Maserati GranTurismo S ’08 for Trial Mountain, and even at 500 PP, it was a challenge winning on the second to last straightaway. I think I'm going to try a different car for each race.

Used a Viper GTS '02 on SS R5, and am now working with the Fairlady Z 300ZX TT 2-seater on Rome. Tweaking the settings as I get comfortable w/the course.

Last edited:
Is it just me, or is anyone else finding the AI this time around to be a heck of a lot thicker than usual?

I mean apart from swerving across the road wildly and smashing into each other as they both try and take the inside line side by side they also seem to be taking incredibly slow and sweeping lines.

Maybe it's because I haven't done seasonals in 8 months but I don't remember them being quite this brain dead..

The car I'm using is a stock RX7 FD '02

I think the tracks are norrower, but yea seems they are blocking and swerving...very bad form :D

I seriously think the AI is broken.. specifically something about their feelers.

1078924_698277300188052_453131119_o.jpg

They make zero attempt to move when being overtaken, previously they would move when they detect a nearby car.
This particular Buick forced me into the dirt as they pulled into the inside on me.

1097685_698277313521384_157088242_o.jpg

If you two keep fighting back there I will turn this car around!

1077792_698277303521385_103922398_o.jpg

And here's an example of them swerving wildly to their line, as I was passing this Z it decided to come barrelling into me

1097660_698277333521382_673818932_o.jpg

And the result..

Something is definitely wrong with them.. I've never seen anything like this​

Yep,in one of my attempts on Eifel one of them rammed me of the track..never had that before..

Great pics Husky, wish I could do that.

Do you have a small thumb drive? All you gotta do is save your replay and then view it and use Photo mode when you've got the replay paused where you want to take the pic. Once you've taken your pics you can just export them and copy them to the thumb drive. Then you can put them on your PC and edit them with any image editor like The GIMP (my fave) or Photoshop to add effects and tune the pic. It's really not hard at all, you should give it a try.

Sark

P.S. Check out the Photomode Forum for guides, tips, and tricks.

Do you have a small thumb drive? All you gotta do is save your replay and then view it and use Photo mode when you've got the replay paused where you want to take the pic. Once you've taken your pics you can just export them and copy them to the thumb drive. Then you can put them on your PC and edit them with any image editor like The GIMP (my fave) or Photoshop to add effects and tune the pic. It's really not hard at all, you should give it a try.

Sark

P.S. Check out the Photomode Forum for guides, tips, and tricks.

Thanks for that Sarkazmo, I will definitely look into it when I have some spare time.

Latest Posts

Back