• 129 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
500PP FR Non-Racing Car Super Lap: Apricot Hill Raceway

TT#44 - 500PP FR Non-Racing Car Super Lap @ Apricot Hill Raceway.jpg
^^Click on the image above to go to the online leader board for this event^^
[TT#44] - 500PP FR Non-Racing Car Super Lap @ Apricot Hill Raceway.jpg

Tunes: Please add the cars full name as the header for your posted tunes.

Please post links for applicable tunes if they are located in the tuning database, tuning forum or elsewhere in the seasonal forum.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Used Toyota 86 Concept and was 6th for a minute, then tried the Shelby car and got back to 11th with a 1:32 something. That lap felt sloppy, I suspect people will be under 1:30 here shortly.

Used the Toyota 86 Concept as well... No aids except ABS=1. Gold time of 1:34.217 after 2 laps. I could turn off camber and probably knock a bit of time off, but Gold is Gold, to me...

Good luck everyone!

What, only two TT? Wasn't there to be four? Oh well, Shelby Supercharged Series One was good for gold. Good rule to restrict MR cars. M3s should do well here too.

I tried the Scion FR-S and got bronze, then the Shelby series one (with little modifications) and got silver.

A little more work should see me get the gold (although I already have an F1).

Personally, I quite like the change where you get prizes for 2nd and 3rd as well. I already have most of the cars, but not these paint chips. Not quite sure what car to paint chrome pink, though...

I don't have many FR cars, but the One-77'11 handles great tuned down to 500pp. 1:38s is my best so far so I'll play around with the tuning.

Roadster RS (NC) '07 Miata. Very simple tune but effective. 284 hp/920 kg weight

85/85
4.50/4.00
3/3
3/3
4/3
0/0
0/0
Race brake 5/5

112 mph 2.900 final

8/8/5

Stage 3 engine, high rpm turbo 97.7%

Full weight reduced and a flat floor

Lotta people don't seem to like the flat floor but it is very effective at making crap tires have more grip.

Roadster RS (NC) '07 Miata. Very simple tune but effective. 284 hp/920 kg weight

85/85
4.50/4.00
3/3
3/3
4/3
0/0
0/0
Race brake 5/5

112 mph 2.900 final

8/8/5

Stage 3 engine, high rpm turbo 97.7%

Full weight reduced and a flat floor

Lotta people don't seem to like the flat floor but it is very effective at making crap tires have more grip.
Thanks man! I'll give this a try tomorrow. I agree with you on the flat floor, great for added grip on lower cars.

Adding a flat floor to your car is one of the better things you can do to increase mid to high speed handling. The only problem with adding the flat floor, in my opinion, is GT6 increases the Performance Points of your vehicle too much once you've added the flat floor. You're going to lose top end speed & a little acceleration with the flat floor and I don't think that's taken into account when adjusting the PP value of the car.

I think pp should remain close to the same when adding flat floors, because you really seem to lose a significant amount of speed and acceleration even with the highly increased pp not turned down yet. Doesn't make much sense to me, but neither is the fantastic handling lightweight cars being allowed to have a significantly better power to weight ratio than the heavyweight cars that handle like freight trains compared to lightweights.

I think pp should remain close to the same when adding flat floors, because you really seem to lose a significant amount of speed and acceleration even with the highly increased pp not turned down yet. Doesn't make much sense to me, but neither is the fantastic handling lightweight cars being allowed to have a significantly better power to weight ratio than the heavyweight cars that handle like freight trains compared to lightweights.

The power-to-weight ratio is mainly important at low speeds. At high speeds it's power that counts, and a heavier car can usually have more power than a lighter car at the same PP. Lightweight cars are usually better at cornering, while the heavier car have their advantage on the straights.

Stock TVR Tamora...
well almost had to take the tyres off the Jetty I moor my yacht to. Once I had knocked the barnacles off them and put them on the old TVR I took to the track and edged it down to 1m34.991 - after two laps.

HUGE rewards, but no repeat value.

Ryk
Stock TVR Tamora...
well almost had to take the tyres off the Jetty I moor my yacht to. Once I had knocked the barnacles off them and put them on the old TVR I took to the track and edged it down to 1m34.991 - after two laps.

HUGE rewards, but no repeat value.

Maybe leave the barnacles on next time, might give you a bit more grip :lol:.

will purchase it soon ;)
It's an excellent car, I almost never used it though because when the game first came out everyone was running with it online because it was so fast.

I tried the Shelby cobra here, it's fast but just doesn't have enough traction. It's weird, at real tracks the grip is exceptional, but at fake tracks it seems to have much less grip, especially under power.

What, only two TT? Wasn't there to be four? Oh well, Shelby Supercharged Series One was good for gold. Good rule to restrict MR cars. M3s should do well here too.

Used a M3 CSL with an old tune for an early 1:31.135. More time to gain for sure.

I started off using an 8C Alfa and was soon lapping in the low 31s.

Then I noticed that one of my friends (@Zolon32 ) was using the 365GTB/4 '71.

I swapped over to that and found a whole second for a 30.006 for a top 100 and top 365 atm.

Will have to swap to the default Shelby if I want to go any faster methinks. :boggled::mad:

I tried my 500 PP '07 M3 Coupe and I'm a second off the gold time (and 2.004 seconds behind @ALB123, IIRC). I'm not sure if that car will work for me to get gold with, but I'm also pretty sure the tune is one I did myself, so it probably sucks. (I don't know anything about setting up suspension.)

Just for the hell of it, I tried the Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano. Definitely not better, but I'm going to try to dig around for a tune for it. Maybe I can pull off gold in it.

It's too bad the Aston Martin DB9 seems like such a pig at 500 PP—I'd just as soon be using that as the 599.

Another swap, to follow a friend, to an M3 GTR this time and after a few laps got into the low 29.361s for a top 36 atm.

Enjoying finding out the speed class of these FR 500pp cars, without those hideous wings, I hasten to add. :yuck::lol:

Swapped again to an M3 CSL and 29.303s, can't believe how closely these 2 are matched.
The GTR has it in the corners and slightly better brakes but the CSL has the speed on the straights.

Last edited:
Back