500pp Mazda RX-8 Type S '07

500pp Mazda RX-8 Type S '07

United States
Fort Worth, TX
imtolegittoquit
ImToLegitToQuit submitted a new tune:

500pp Mazda RX-8 Type S '07 - 500pp Easy to drive stable winner.

My previous fastest 500pp tune was the NSX Type R that I used for just about everything because it is a very versatile car. I've had a few RX-8's keep up with me or be hard to pass on some races so I thought I would give one a try. It is also a do everything kind of car but took a bit more tuning to make it fast. I had it on par with my NSX for a few days and...

Read more about this tune...

I just noticed that you also did the NSX tune that I enjoyed allot!

So I gave this tune a run on my RX-8 and I was mostly keen to see the gear setup on this as well as what you did in the suspension.

I ran the stock setup then my setup then yours.

Firstly this car is actually a bullet in a straight line and has plenty of grunt!
It handles well when not pushed to hard and feels smooth.

I was mainly interested to see what it could do at the mountain as I have seen an RX-8 on super softs do a 2.02.
I managed a 2.03.966 with this and I just put that down to needing more time to get a handle on it.

This is a really great tune!

I just noticed that you also did the NSX tune that I enjoyed allot!

So I gave this tune a run on my RX-8 and I was mostly keen to see the gear setup on this as well as what you did in the suspension.

I ran the stock setup then my setup then yours.

Firstly this car is actually a bullet in a straight line and has plenty of grunt!
It handles well when not pushed to hard and feels smooth.

I was mainly interested to see what it could do at the mountain as I have seen an RX-8 on super softs do a 2.02.
I managed a 2.03.966 with this and I just put that down to needing more time to get a handle on it.

This is a really great tune!
Thanks again, this car was so much better on 1.08. Even faster than the nsx. It's still good but I don't like it as much. Try my shelby for barthurst, it feels like you are on racing tires even though you are on sports. You'll need to adjust the gears though. Final is too short for that track.

Thanks again, this car was so much better on 1.08. Even faster than the nsx. It's still good but I don't like it as much. Try my shelby for barthurst, it feels like you are on racing tires even though you are on sports. You'll need to adjust the gears though. Final is too short for that track.

Yeah I shifted the gears for the burg and for the mountain (well same gears really).
It actually was very quick by the end of the burg back straight and I was impressed.

I could not get a clean lap at the burg as the kerbs can really throw the car a bit but that just comes down to adjusting my style of drive. Still enjoy this tune and I am actually happy that there is something out there that maybe can challenge my TRD at the mountain haha

Back