500PP SPORTS HARD Battle for 4th place

  • Thread starter Thread starter OK8
  • 18 comments
  • 2,311 views

OK8

Messages
1,184
Finland
Glass Village
Messages
OK8_

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L24EmG4M25M

A nice battle for 4th place in a populated online race.

Cool top speed battle on the straight with the Countach too since neither of us were slipstreaming.

People taking part:
OK8_ (red NSX, clutch, no ABS)
GTP_Egghead (Countach)
oonjube (RX7)
MaxoMarte (blue Nissan)

Also check out my other videos:
Ballsy Stratos Overtakes
Fantastic 3-way battle
Touge Duel
Yellowbird Challenge
Battle at Tsukuba, Lancia Stratos vs RM Civic
Lucky Nürburgring slipstream
 
Last edited:
Very good race. How to do you switch from different camera angles without having the race info pop up?
 
Very good race. How to do you switch from different camera angles without having the race info pop up?

I recorded it from different views and then changed between them on my computer.
 
That is what i call a fair race. Rarely i 've seen so close, so clean race. Great edit btw.
 
That is what i call a fair race. Rarely i 've seen so close, so clean race. Great edit btw.

Thanks! Often in a days racing there is one good race like this, but if the players don't know each other they often don't have enough courtesy. Like in this race the guy driving the skyline was constantly hitting me in the beginning but I kept in control.
 
Really nice race ! Moreover the nsx isn't an easy car to drive, bravo !

BTW, is it the honda nsx, or the acura nsx ? Acura ?
 
Really nice race ! Moreover the nsx isn't an easy car to drive, bravo !

BTW, is it the honda nsx, or the acura nsx ? Acura ?

Thanks!

It's the Acura one. I wanted it because I like the pop up headlamps :lol: After extensive tuning it's turned out quite a beast. Gotta keep your foot down and power oversteer around every corner or otherwise it'll understeer :grumpy:. I'm trying to get rid of the understeer but it's hard.

I also have the NSX-R and it is probably the easiest car I know.
 
haha love the dude using the horn @ end, good battles
 
OK8
I recorded it from different views and then changed between them on my computer.

Hi there. Real nice race.

A question regarding the video - how did you remove the gauges - like speed, tyres etc.. - when you switch to the hood view?

When I watch a replay and watch it than i cannot switch of that. I always see them.

Thx for the info.
 
OK8
Thanks!

Gotta keep your foot down and power oversteer around every corner or otherwise it'll understeer :grumpy:. I'm trying to get rid of the understeer but it's hard.

I'm slow with it, but you make me want to try a little bit more… What's your « typical » time on the nurb with it ?
 
Hi there. Real nice race.

A question regarding the video - how did you remove the gauges - like speed, tyres etc.. - when you switch to the hood view?

When I watch a replay and watch it than i cannot switch of that. I always see them.

Thx for the info.

You have to go to practice mode (or any kind of race) and turn hud off by pressing start and going to the quick options. If you do this the gauges aren't there in the replays.

I'm slow with it, but you make me want to try a little bit more… What's your « typical » time on the nurb with it ?

Standing start I do about 7:50 in a race which is quite slow. I'm working on the car trying to improve it but there are cars that are much more stable and therefore much faster even stock (like RUF RGT). Haven't tried hotlapping it which would be a bit faster I guess considering there's no traffic etc.
 
OK8
Standing start I do about 7:50 in a race which is quite slow. I'm working on the car trying to improve it but there are cars that are much more stable and therefore much faster even stock (like RUF RGT). Haven't tried hotlapping it which would be a bit faster I guess considering there's no traffic etc.

Ok thank you. I'll try to make it under 8:00. Then go online test it :)
 
OK8
You have to go to practice mode (or any kind of race) and turn hud off by pressing start and going to the quick options. If you do this the gauges aren't there in the replays.

Thx a lot!!!!! Will try that out!!!
 
Egghead is no slouch, either. Good racing.
 
the overtakes were mad! first you and Egghead take the RX7 and then the Nissan pops up :P
 
the overtakes were mad! first you and Egghead take the RX7 and then the Nissan pops up :P

The nissan was slipstreaming behind me but as soon as it pulled out of the stream it ran out of juice immediately so I managed to keep it behind.
 
Great race! I would love to be in a race that clean!
 
Great race! I would love to be in a race that clean!

Nah this wasn't exactly a clean race. See this if you want to see a clean one.
 
Back