550PP Renault Sport Mégane Trophy Super Lap: Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 45 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
550PP Renault Sport Mégane Trophy Super Lap: Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit

TT#41 - 550PP Renault Sport Mégane Trophy Super Lap @ Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit.jpg
^^Click on the image above to go to the online leader board for this event^^
[TT#41] - 550PP Renault Sport Mégane Trophy Super Lap @ Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit.jpg

Tunes: Please add the cars full name as the header for your posted tunes.

Please post links for applicable tunes if they are located in the tuning database, tuning forum or elsewhere in the seasonal forum.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
I did this first with a stock set up, just to see how much off the stock set up was and did a 1:28.271

Then i tried shaunm80's setup and got a 1:25.1xx
IMG_4442.JPG

So once again thank you shaunm80 for taking the time to make you're setup.

I tried the Seasonal Events without Shaunm80's setup and I have made a time of 1'26.661, although that it took me around 5-6 tries as the car spinned out in every try that I did. So, I had to make an effort to control the steering of the car and thanks to it, I have managed to control the car and accomplish the target lap time for the gold.

I have used the Renault Mégane Trophy 15th Anniversary version, stock, no tuning has been made.

Brands Hatch is a fun track with the swooping up and down corners, but hard to string consistent laps together. A fun hour or so to get gold.

Not long after doing "gold & out" (plus a couple of extra laps on this one - I was enjoying the car) which tends to be my way with most seasonals, I received a PSN message from somebody. It was a friendly "I beat your time by 0.2s ;)" type of thing. I was at 1:24.8 at the time.
We've stuck at it, exchanged the lead a few times & got a couple of other people in on the challenge too. I'm currently on top of my friends list but I sense them coming for me. :scared:
I'm at 1:23.367 at the moment with the 22's in sight & really enjoying the car/track combo. I'd barely used the car before but it has over 380km on it from this event so far.

Currently 1:22.829 for #158. My Renault has 927km on the speedo.

And immediately after I wrote this I decided to stick one of my thongs (flip flops, whatever others call them) between the accelerator and the piece of timber I have wired onto the legs of the table I have my G27 wheel on, to give some more pressure to it.
It works great. The accelerator feels far more realistic and I'm not spinning out as much through planting it too hard coming out of corners.
I already have the Aussie ( GTEYE) brake addition and I noticed recently he announced an accelerator add on. I'll get that now as I expect it will be better than me using my footwear.
Too late for me now (10:45pm) to have much of a go (have to get kids ready for school by 7:30 am tomorrow) but will have a crack at it tomorrow.

Last edited:
I've been running laps here since yesterday and really wanted to get into the 1:22 range, but it's just not happening. My inconsistency is killing me here as whatever time I gain at one corner I lose at another. I started using @shaunm80's tune which is very stable, but I wanted it a bit loose. Then I remembered a tune @Mini Stiggy once posted for the HSV-010 GT that was outstanding. Well, it sure became loose as can be seen at every corner I take. My best lap was 1:23.009 for 219th place at the moment.

Changes from shaunm80's tune are in bold.

Renault Sport Megane Trophy Base Model '11

550PP
476 BHP
955kgs
Weight Distribution 48:52

Racing Hard Tires ;)
Oil Change

FC Suspension
F/R
70/70
8.36/10.00
1/1
1/1
7/7

0.0/0.0
0.00/0.00

Racing Brake Kit
8/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.500
Set max speed to 112mph
1st 2.845 -- Will not go any lower. :confused:
2nd 2.176
3rd 1.738
4th 1.444
5th 1.223
6th 1.065
Set final gear to 3.555

FC LSD
5/10/15
Triple Plate Clutch

Set power limiter to 98.7%
Engine Tuning Stage 2
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Sport Catalytic Converter

Rear Downforce set to 100
No Ballast added

Last edited:
G
I've been running laps here since yesterday and really wanted to get into the 1:22 range, but it's just not happening. My inconsistency is killing me here as whatever time I gain at one corner I lose at another. I started using @shaunm80's tune which is very stable, but I wanted it a bit loose. Then I remembered a tune @Mini Stiggy once posted for the HSV-010 GT that was outstanding. Well, it sure became loose as can be seen at every corner I take. My best lap was 1:23.009 for 219th place at the moment.

550PP
476 BHP
955kgs

Racing Hard Tires ;)
Oil Change

FC Suspension
F/R
70/70
8.36/10.00
1/1
1/1
7/7

0.0/0.0
0.00/0.00

Racing Brake Kit
8/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.500
Set max speed to 112mph
2nd 2.176
3rd 1.738
4th 1.444
5th 1.223
6th 1.065
Set final gear to 3.555

FC LSD
5/10/15
Triple Plate Clutch

Engine Tuning Stage 2
Racing Exhaust

No Ballast added

Got to try hard for your setting
thanks bro

Any other set up guys ? i'm realy strugguling with this one
The tune by shaunm80 on post five is very good and stable. Use it and just run lap after lap until you learn the track well enough to attack the corners with a bit of confidence.

I'm assuming you're struggling to get gold and not a top spot on the leaderboards.

The tune by shaunm80 on post five is very good and stable. Use it and just run lap after lap until you learn the track well enough to attack the corners with a bit of confidence.

I'm assuming you're struggling to get gold and not a top spot on the leaderboards.
I bought another Renault Sport Megane Trophy Base Model '11 the other day to try your tune changes (report #23) as I didn't want to change the oil in the car I have been using. As it is it's a good tune which is very stable, I only made a few changes to suit my driving style. LSD 7-19-25, height 78-70, downforce 150, final gear 3.750, toe angle -0.06 front and rear, but still working on that.
In any case I feel it's quicker although I haven't improved my time 1.22.828, but have been very close to it a number of times and well in front of it in sections often. I like the gears but something troubles me a bit but I can't pinpoint what it is.
I agree about doing more and more until you can attack the corners harder. A tiny amount on every corner can add up to a lot by the finish. Cheers and good luck.

... In any case I feel it's quicker although I haven't improved my time 1.22.828, but have been very close to it a number of times and well in front of it in sections often. I like the gears but something troubles me a bit but I can't pinpoint what it is.
It's very strange, I've been about 3 tenths faster in many occasions half way through the lap only to see my ghost line go past me one or two corners before the finish. It's very annoying.

Please feel free to blame shaunm80 for anything you don't like about the transmission. :P Were you able to match first gear the same as his? I wasn't able to for some reason.

550PP
476 BHP
955kgs

Racing Hard Tires ;)
Oil Change

FC Suspension
F/R
70/70
8.36/10.00
1/1
1/1
7/7

0.0/0.0
0.00/0.00

Racing Brake Kit
8/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.500
Set max speed to 112mph
2nd 2.176
3rd 1.738
4th 1.444
5th 1.223
6th 1.065
Set final gear to 3.555

FC LSD
5/10/15
Triple Plate Clutch

Engine Tuning Stage 2
Racing Exhaust

No Ballast added

Liking this tune! Improved to a 1.22.3xx last night after hitting a dead end with my previous tune. Very stable and seems to suit my driving style nicely, hoping to get into the 21's soon as I've been 4 tenths up going into the last sector! Thanks again.

It's very strange, I've been about 3 tenths faster in many occasions half way through the lap only to see my ghost line go past me one or two corners before the finish. It's very annoying.

Please feel free to blame shaunm80 for anything you don't like about the transmission. :P Were you able to match first gear the same as his? I wasn't able to for some reason.
Apparently not, mine is 2.879. Perhaps his should have been 2.877 rather than 2.778? A mistake maybe?
My earlier tries in which I achieved my best time was a mix of both your efforts.

Back