6 Features From Other Racing Games We Want in Gran Turismo Sport

A better or more articulated in-game camera, like the one project cars have, so we can se more than just the rear and the front of the cars
And another idea i have in which most of you will find "silly" is having a game mode where you can drive like a normal person in a city but using any car of your choice, but this one i find more fittable to add on gt7

The important ones are 3, 4, 5, 6 but the only ones that are likely to be seen are 1 and 2.

Cars will still sound bad let's be honest- better but still bad.

Smart AI is a big nope GT sport is focused as mainly multiplayer so AI will just be there for looks like the last two GT games.

Career again probably non existant like on the release of PCars.

Car customization will be good but probably not as full blown and meaty as forzas unfortunately.

This game will be successful if it pulls in PORSCHE and if it has GREAT sound effects not just improved it must be great.

Polyphony, first of all, has to decide if they want to keep GranTurismo an arcade video game for car enthusiasts or if they want to enter the simulation world and become an hot spot for both car and racing enthusiasts.

Polyphony, first of all, has to decide if they want to keep GranTurismo an arcade video game for car enthusiasts or if they want to enter the simulation world and become an hot spot for both car and racing enthusiasts.

Why are you still looking for news about a game you've clearly stated time and time again you're not going to buy?
Because I'm hoping it changes into something resembling an actual Gran Turismo game in anything other than name. Some hope I know.

You said in your double post it's for car enthusiasts, then said they need to decide if they want to enter the simulation world for car enthusiasts.

Which is it?

I think GT will continue down the same path with physics and sound, making minor improvements with each title.

I don't think they'll give us the shock and awe that Project Cars 2 will likely deliver.

I will still buy and enjoy GT Sport, strictly because it will be good online.

Because I'm hoping it changes into something resembling an actual Gran Turismo game in anything other than name. Some hope I know.

Most of the criticism I see stems from the game looking and sounding too much like previous Gran Turismo games to be considered next-gen.

Hands down one of the more glaring mistakes made by PD was removing dynamic weather and time of day effects.
I still don't fully believe they removed one of the better features of the game. At least there wont be anymore standard cars..................I HOPE. Really cant put anything absurd past them.👎 :dunce:

Most of the criticism I see stems from the game looking and sounding too much like previous Gran Turismo games to be considered next-gen.

From the gameplay videos I've seen and heard here, that would be exactly correct.
Looks great, sounds the same.
Rinse and repeat like (dare I say) call of duty.

XXI
From the gameplay videos I've seen and heard here, that would be exactly correct.
Looks great, sounds the same.
Rinse and repeat like (dare I say) call of duty.

That's pretty much how I feel. I'm almost sick of still playing GT5 since 2011. I'd rather have a completely new game with next-gen everything and a different focus than collecting cars entirely than just another GT5 clone.

So far we have the new focus part down pat, but we still need the game looking and sounding up to par with the competition.

Whilst I agree and hope not just the major areas but also the little details, can you honestly see it happening?
Not really, but for me personally, the most exciting component of the game is the driver rating system and the dedicated servers. Now PCars2 is promising the same type of eSport focus and driver rating system but without the game economy and the grinding that is usually inherent in such a setup. If the online portion of the game was good enough it might have drawn me in, but with PCar2 releasing with the same type of program and most other games sure to follow, the allure is definitely diminishing.

Despite not being able to purchase the game (on xbox here) I will still chip in and say it should have a smooth performance both on and off track.

On track is mostly car physics, track feedback and epic audio.
Off track needs smooth navigation in menus.

Pcars makes me want to scream with its horrible navigation. Especially when the game always decides to go through a 5 minute save when navigating and you can nothing except sit and wait. The garage mode is also very poor.

Fingers crossed that GT Sport is a great game. I loved GT back in the early days when I had a PS.

That's pretty much how I feel. I'm almost sick of still playing GT5 since 2011. I'd rather have a completely new game with next-gen everything and a different focus than collecting cars entirely than just another GT5 clone.

So far we have the new focus part down pat, but we still need the game looking and sounding up to par with the competition.
I couldn't disagree more. GT6 is NOTHING like GT5 which in turn moved far too far away from GT1-4. Sandbox GT-mode IS Gran Turismo to me

If driving even 1 of the cars in GTS sounds as good as Dirt Rally I'll be utterly shocked.

I just can't see it ever happening, PD have had 20 years to give a damn about audio, I can't help but feel the game is always going to be about imagery.

Unrelated Stories: We have nothing to report on, so let's put up a story about someone who did GT Academy once, 5 years ago.
If one of the most (if not 'the') famous alumni from GT Academy continuing to secure drives in a highly competitive motorsport arena isn't considered GT related news to you, you're in the wrong place.

If driving even 1 of the cars in GTS sounds as good as Dirt Rally I'll be utterly shocked.

I just can't see it ever happening, PD have had 20 years to give a damn about audio, I can't help but feel the game is always going to be about imagery.
I've been playing GT5 recently in roof cam mode it sounds okay. I've been levelling up B-spec bobs in the endurance events and watching it in the normal replay camera again it sounds okay. Then I tried GT6 again in roof cam - sound is okay. Nothing like as good as Assetto Corsa but not as bad as people make out. Good sound system and choosing the right driving view might help.

"but also GT6‘s sometimes-unreliable online". Sometimes is an understatement. People rubber-banding like crazy, certain players not being able to see eachother and countless disconnects is basically GT6 in a nutshell. I trully hope we wont have to experience any of these anymore.

1. Custom race championships.

2. Custom car grid where you choose the cars you race against.

3. Changeable weather like Project Cars.

4. Convertibles with opening and closing roof if possible

5. Oil spills on race track.

6. Engine failure and reliability.

I haven't seen oil on track since pole position back in the 80's.

1. Since GT Sport has a livery editor, we need it to be like that of Forza (in terms of functionality, like in Motorsport 6 and Horizon 3) but with an added bonus where you can not only paint cars you don't own, but also use liveries on them (like for cars in Arcade mode that you don't own). In Forza you need to buy cars to save downloaded liveries, but with GT Sport you can save any livery you want for a particular car, regardless if you own it in your Garage or not.

2. Practice/qualifying in career, arcade and online and the return of A-Spec/B-Spec (GT4-style with GT5's own concept similar to Motorsport Manager) for both career, arcade and online.

3. A traditional career mode like in the original Project CARS to differentiate from the game's vague "Campaign" mode, so at least we can play something, and even earn Credits to buy and customize cars.

4. Custom championships for Arcade, the ability to hand-select cars for the AI (like in Motorsport 4, even with custom liveries) and as well as the return of Machine Tests for all cars as a mode in Arcade mode

5. A damage engine as good as that of Motorsport 4 with Assetto Corsa's mechanical damage simulation, plus rollover physics

6. Since they teased what could be Forzavista in GT Sport (only through PS VR), this Forzavista mode should also be accessible without a PS VR.

I could list many more, but these are the six features I really want to see.

The sounds are actually very nice, but some work needs to be done with the shifting sounds (and the simulation of shifting), and we can't just hear the same turbo blow-off valve/waste gate sounds for most of the cars. The graphics also look very clear as well, and that's no problem.

1. Custom Grids/Championships (TOCA Race Driver)
2. In-Depth Performance Upgrades (Forza Motorsport)
3. Realistic Damage (Race Driver GRID)
4. Realistic AI (GTR2)
5. Top Speed Testing (GT4)
6. Racing Modifications For All Applicable Cars (GT1)

I've been playing GT5 recently in roof cam mode it sounds okay. I've been levelling up B-spec bobs in the endurance events and watching it in the normal replay camera again it sounds okay. Then I tried GT6 again in roof cam - sound is okay. Nothing like as good as Assetto Corsa but not as bad as people make out. Good sound system and choosing the right driving view might help.

I agree the exterior engine sounds are better, and when they added the option to use whichever 'sound' you wanted in each view, that helped.

I was playing Assetto Corsa just last night in fact and yeah, GT is nowhere near as good as Assetto Corsa, but equally, AC isn't nearly as good as Dirt Rally.

I have a reasonable Yamaha amp (RX-V765, so 95Wx7) and a Q-Acoustics 1010i 5.1 set of speakers, so do get to enjoy these things quite loud and at reasonable quality, and nothing is as intensely exciting as Dirt Rally's audio. The engine and some of the environmental sounds in AC do come close, but the transitions between engine samples are sometimes a little unrefined in AC for example.

I just can't imagine PD ever putting the development time in to an exciting audio system, not when there'll always be more pixels to chase.

Agreed on priority with PD. Looks first always. I bought Dirt Rally but lack of space on my HD means I haven't tried it yet. Note to self. Buy a bigger drive.

Of course, being constructive and actually taking part in the discussion comes more difficultly for some than it does for others.

Clearly, outside of the purchase, the customer or any relationship with said party is not what GT, PD, or Kaz is about. This is the known record of PD...no communication with the fan base.

To go on about "features WE want" is an exercise in something, but not sure what?

Outside of doing a GTPlanet studio startup, none of this 'constructive discussion' will make it to any internal meetings about features that weren't thought of, or ones they're half-ass on.

They are WAAAY behind and have nothing left but to get some sort of product to market.

Unless they skip the PS4 generation all together? At this point, why not?

Unless they skip the PS4 generation all together? At this point, why not?

To be honest I think skipping PS4 altogether would be far more damaging, and ultimately a massive waste. Personally I think the PS4 still has a lot of life left in it, so it's perfectly reasonable to be focusing on the current gen. However it's ultimately a case of sooner rather than later.

One thing they need to do is make sure they have a good soundtrack. That's not so much something taken from another series; it's more something they need to inherit from their own past.

So many people have discovered bands through the old GT games, and immediately associate that band with the series. Feeder and Gran Turismo go hand-in-hand for most PAL users, from what I gather.

The fact that a majority of the licensed music from GT6 came directly from GT5 just made it all the more obvious that the game really wasn't all that different from its predecessor.

For the FIFA series, the soundtrack reveal seems to be quite a big moment in the right circles, and I feel as though that was the case for us up until 6.

So when Sport does come out, I really hope they put some real effort into putting together a good soundtrack.

Back