6 Minute Challenge: Nürburgring + Sport Hard

• Thread starter Egghead43
  • 154 comments
GTP_Egghead
Since PSN is was down for a bit, I was running some cars around the 'ring tonight on sport hard tires. My goal was to break into the 6 minute bracket.
Who else is up for the challenge?

The Challenge:

Lap the Nürburgring Nordschleife under 7 minutes on sport hard tires :crazy:

The Rules:

• Lap run in offline practice
  • Must be a street car: No concepts, race cars, or race modified street cars. Street legal tuner cars are OK.
  • Sport Hard tires
  • All assists off (ABS OK)
  • Grip reduction set to real
  • No Tuning/Modification restrictions

Post up your best times!
I've combined the 2 leaderboards into 1 since it's mostly 2wd cars anyways.

Leaderboard:

1. Quasikoki: 6'41.721 - R390 Road Car
  2. TECHNIKRS4: 6'46.225 - McLaren F1
  3. GTRoadRunner: 6'49.697 - Dodge Viper ACR
  4. Quasikoki: 6'49.919 - Dodge Viper ACR
  5. Quasikoki: 6'51.049 - Audi R8 5.2 FSI
  6. Quasikoki: 6'51.137 - Bugatti Veyron
  7. Quasikoki: 6'51.257 - McLaren F1
  8. Michel4AGE: 6'53.347 McLaren F1
  9. Quasikoki: 6'54.781 - Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo
  10. TECHNIKRS4: 6.55.832 - Ford GT
  11. GTP_Stotty: 6'56.463 - Tommy Kaira ZZII '00
  12. GTP_Egghead: 6'56.581 - Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo
  13. Quadramus_: 6:56:715 - Audi R8 4.2 FSI-R Tronic '07
  14. Quasikoki: 6'56.751 - Lamborghini Murcielago SV
  15. lampadione - 6:56:743 - McLaren F1
  16. GTP_Egghead: 6'56.950 - Nissan GTR SpecV
  17. GTP_Stotty: 6'57.465 - GT by Citroen Road Car
  18. I_powerslide: 6'57.551 - Dodge Viper ACR
  19. plate88: 6'57.678 - Ford GT(no stripe)
  20. plate88: 6'58.195 - Nissan '07 GTR
  21. GTP_nervous24: 6'58.219 - Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo (Bone Stock 👍)
  22. GTP_Egghead: 6'58.449 - McLaren F1
  23. GTP_Stotty: 6'58.548 - TVR Speed 12
  24. GTP_Stotty: 6'58.706 - NSX-R LM Road Car
  25. GTP_Stotty: 6'58.742 - Mercedes SLS
  26. GTP_Stotty: 6'58.743 - Mercedes SLR
  27. Peluski17: 6'59.291 - Bugatti Veyron (Bone Stock :crazy:)
  28. Peluski17: 6'59.602 - McLaren F1 (Bone Stock :crazy:)
  29. lampadione: 6'59.689 - Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo
  30. Peluski17: 6'59.733 - Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo (Bone Stock 👍)
  31. Douqa: 6'59.784 - McLaren F1 (Bone Stock :crazy:)

Last edited:
Egghead43
Since PSN is down for a bit, I was running some cars around the 'ring tonight on sport hard tires. My goal was to break into the 6 minute bracket.
Who else is up for the challenge?

The Challenge:

Lap the Nürburgring Nordschleife under 7 minutes on sport hard tires :crazy:

The Rules:

Lap run in offline practice
[*]Must be a street car: No concepts, race cars, or race modified street cars
[*]Sport Hard tires
[*]All assists off (ABS OK)
[*]Grip reduction set to real
[*]No Tuning restrictions

Post up your best times!
I'll maintain 2 leaderboards, one for 2WD cars, and one for for AWD cars.
I'll start :sly:

AWD Leaderboard:

GTP_Egghead: 6'56.950 - Nissan GTR SpecV

2WD Leaderboard:

[*]Your name here...

Good idea 'Eggy.' My Veyron is set to online for a fellow GTPlaneteer to drive around Nurb. Will have a go later but doubt I'll see <7mins. Good luck people!

Sounds good. You might want to elaborate on the modifications to your car.

I think I had every mod on it except it still had a stock transmission, and I only put the sport exhaust on it instead of one of the race exhausts.
I'll check when I turn my PS3 on again, but it was somewhere around 630pp.

I left the mods wide open because the tires are really the limiting factor, especially on a 2wd car. I have a 900hp ZR1 too, but it's nearly undriveable on these tires :nervous:
The McLaren F1 feels much more manageable as far as a 2wd contender goes; my best so far in that car is a 7'06.795.

I think I had every mod on it except it still had a stock transmission, and I only put the sport exhaust on it instead of one of the race exhausts.
I'll check when I turn my PS3 on again, but it was somewhere around 630pp.

I left the mods wide open because the tires are really the limiting factor, especially on a 2wd car. I have a 900hp ZR1 too, but it's nearly undriveable on these tires :nervous:
The McLaren F1 feels much more manageable as far as a 2wd contender goes; my best so far in that car is a 7'06.795.

Lol, I tried in a McLaren F1 too, couldn't control it with a DS3 though. Slides all over the place =P Maybe it would be easier with a wheel...

Good idea, egg.
I'm pretty much trapped at home for today, so i'll try to post a few times.
Starting right after breakfast :)

Cheers

I'm not so into upgrading cars so most of mine are completely stock. I tried with the Enzo and the NSX prototype LM road car. All aids off except ABS 1 and track edge grip set to real. Got between 7:20 and 7:30 for both I think with some mistakes, but I don't think it will be possible without some upgrading : (

Well as I have nothing to do today (sadly), and this seems like a good idea, i'll try running a few cars around the 'ring.

Harder than i thought to find a car that can do it.

So far i got only a time in the Murcielago SV (623PP): 6:56,751

I did a 6:54,781 in a Amuse GT1 Turbo but forgot to save the replay :crazy:

I'm not so into upgrading cars so most of mine are completely stock. I tried with the Enzo and the NSX prototype LM road car. All aids off except ABS 1 and track edge grip set to real. Got between 7:20 and 7:30 for both I think with some mistakes, but I don't think it will be possible without some upgrading : (

I usually don't add much more than a few bolt-ons to my cars, but in this case I've made an exception :sly: If you're into stock cars, try the McLaren F1 or the Bugatti Veyron. I've done a 7'12.023 in the McLaren, but that was on the first try, so there's time left in it. Not sure if I could find the necessary 12 seconds more though...

Are tuner cars allowed, or are they considered RM/RC?

What car are you thinking of? Since full tuning of other street cars are allowed, I'm going to say yes. But it must be a street legal car.

I'll be taking my yellowbird out later for a real challenge :D

Then you want this challenge :D

Harder than i thought to find a car that can do it.

So far i got only a time in the Murcielago SV (623PP): 6:56,751

I did a 6:54,781 in a Amuse GT1 Turbo but forgot to save the replay :crazy:

Nice job Quasi!
I took a run in the Murcielago too, but got major sideways after touching the rear wheel into the grass at over 180km/h :crazy:
Managed to save it, but killed my lap. Still held on for a 7'00.404 though :D

I'm sick and with PSN down I'll give this a go. I think a good number of cars can manage under 7 minutes so I'm going for under 6:45. Good luck, gentlemen... Ladies too if any of you are around...

ImBackinGT5
How about going out more?

If you're assuming I have no life...

I do go out. A lot. I use a lot of money as a result of that. And as a result of that, I can't go out anymore. Vicious circle. Now I have to wait until I get my allowance. Boo hoo.

On Topic:

Stay away from the Enzo (fully tuned). It will bite your head off.

Ok, the only car worthy of this challenge in my stable was the Zonda. I don't think I've ever driven it so I figured I would give it a try. Well, I just spent over an hour trying to put a clean lap down with this car. Oh-My-God does it suck on Sport Hard tires. It would spin out in 4th gear if you were turning the wheel even the slightest. It took me 15 minutes just to figure out the first sector. Anyway, I almost broke 7 minutes but I botched the last turn and ended up with a 7'00.1xx. If anyone has a tuning setup for this car that will work on SH tires I'd love to see it. I messed with the LSD to try to dial out the wheel spin but it just wouldn't go away. I added some camber too but not sure that helped much. I had to put TCS at 5 and I almost never use it. Without that I basically couldn't use 2nd or 3rd gear. After my botched lap I was able to gain 1-2 seconds per sector in other attempts but whenever I started to get a rhythm the rear wheels would slip ever so slightly and send the car into the wall. If this were IRL, I would've totaled every Zonda ever made (or ever will be made).

Ok, the only car worthy of this challenge in my stable was the Zonda. I don't think I've ever driven it so I figured I would give it a try. Well, I just spent over an hour trying to put a clean lap down with this car. Oh-My-God does it suck on Sport Hard tires. It would spin out in 4th gear if you were turning the wheel even the slightest. It took me 15 minutes just to figure out the first sector. Anyway, I almost broke 7 minutes but I botched the last turn and ended up with a 7'00.1xx. If anyone has a tuning setup for this car that will work on SH tires I'd love to see it. I messed with the LSD to try to dial out the wheel spin but it just wouldn't go away. I added some camber too but not sure that helped much. I had to put TCS at 5 and I almost never use it. Without that I basically couldn't use 2nd or 3rd gear. After my botched lap I was able to gain 1-2 seconds per sector in other attempts but whenever I started to get a rhythm the rear wheels would slip ever so slightly and send the car into the wall. If this were IRL, I would've totaled every Zonda ever made (or ever will be made).

the zonda is a race car and in not street legal...look it up

The s2000 is a race car. A massive wing with a wide body kit. Not to mention the GT1 in its name.

No, the S2000 is a tuner car. There's turn signals, license plates, and the description in the GT5 dealership compares it to a race car, but it is not a race car.
It is almost like cheating for this challenge though due to the massive downforce. I just bought one, played with the settings a bit, and turned a 6'56.581 (damn you Quasi :lol:).

I might have to create a separate section for tuner cars if we don't get any 2wd street cars on the board :(

This argument does not need to be brought here. How do you know he was talking about the Zonda R in the first place?. There are other zondas.
It was the R, since I won it as a prize...but it is moot since I couldn't break 7' anyway. The car came with racing tires stock but didn't have a race car designation so I figured it would be fine. You are right, it was never meant to be a road car. I'm going to try something else later anyway, maybe that S2000.

I would love to see times for a 458 Italia on Sports Hard...
I have been running sports soft online (controller instead of wheel :/ ), and I found that was difficult enough... I would wager that hard tires are no longer 'fun' to drive.

Edit: no aero kit, if possible...

It was the R, since I won it as a prize...but it is moot since I couldn't break 7' anyway. The car came with racing tires stock but didn't have a race car designation so I figured it would be fine. You are right, it was never meant to be a road car. I'm going to try something else later anyway, maybe that S2000.

If it's a tuner car or some other "special" car, it must be street legal to qualify for this event. Read the description for the car in your garage to get an idea of what the car is and what it was built for.
Also, no headlights = not street legal
Or we can just run this at night to eliminate that issue :lol:

Finally ran a 2wd street car under 7min. McLaren F1: 6'58.449 :D
You really need to stay off the curbs with that car, it just bounces you off line otherwise.

Last edited:
Finally ran a 2wd street car under 7min. McLaren F1: 6'58.449 :D
I chuckled a little when I read this. The Zonda isn't a street car because it isn't road legal but it also isn't a race car. The McLaren technically is a street car, but would you really consider it one? Would you go to starbucks in it? Most just sit in private showrooms.

But anyway, I would have to spend 2 more hours in the Zonda just to get it around the track in under 7 minutes on those tires. I saw a video of it on YouTube and with the appropriate tires it will run 6:47 in real life. That's with considerably less tire squeal than I was producing. Comparing my replay to the video though was interesting. He spins the tires in some of the same places I do.

I also noticed that the GTR SpecV is listed on Wikipedia as not being a road legal car when comparing lap times. Care to comment on that?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nürburgring_lap_times

And of course the overly nooby Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo is top of the lists. :grumpy:

I think the best car for this would be definitely tuned GT-R level, and also maybe an RS6 Avant might get in there somewhere. You know what this reminds me of?

A Seasonal Time Trial. :D :P

Back