6 Pages of GT4 Images

  • Thread starter Thread starter tha_con
  • 56 comments
  • 4,601 views
Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

Thank you for the site Tha_con! :O Now we dont have to be clicking so much to look at pictures of GT4, unlike other sites...:odd: This site is also good since the pictures are bigger and we can REALLY see the incredible DETAILS! :O
 
If you ask me, these six pages of several GT4 pictures are more or less a collage of past and present pictures of Gran Turismo 4. If you ask me, this is a nice way to review pictures and save pictures on your soft or hard disk. And then of course, prepare to save new ones in the form of Photo Mode. Personally, I would love to have a way to upload JPEG or BMP files to my computer. As I have said, can you imagine how many magazine covers, graphics for T-shirts, even webpage art (like this one) can be made with GT4's Photo Mode? Possibilities are endless!

But as I've said, the website in question is pretty much a collage of past and present GT4 photos. The one negative aspect to it is that since there are a lot of people, if you have a horrible modem or connection, you may be waiting pretty long to load all of the images. Regardless, there are still plenty of pictures to load.
 
McLaren'sAngel
Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

Thank you for the site Tha_con! :O Now we dont have to be clicking so much to look at pictures of GT4, unlike other sites...:odd: This site is also good since the pictures are bigger and we can REALLY see the incredible DETAILS! :O
Yep gotta love gtp, everything you need to know is here. Other sights have 5 pics and they're all old. :indiff:
 
JohnBM01
I would love to have a way to upload JPEG or BMP files to my computer.

JohnBM01 once all the pics are loaded can you not...

'right click - save picture as' ???

That will save the 'clicked image' onto your computer... surely you know this though???
 
I think it's just me, but I like the writing on the track. Gives it character :)
I agree. I like it too! That will make it feel even more realistic knowing that the graphiti is from real life too. :) 👍 Imagine if you were the person that drew it on the track in real life. You could say "Hey I put that peace sign there" :lol:
 
:drool::drool::drool::drool:
OMG that looks fantastic (referrring to each and every single pic from that link)
cant wait!
:drool::drool::drool::drool:
i have gt:prologue finally but its nothing campared to what i can see here!
 
loooking at the New York map reminds me how much I hate it. Its so boring. That run down past times square and back is terrible, and would NEVER EVER EVER be used on a real circuit.
 
i don't really like these citycourses either, accept for Rome...
But New York city circuit deffinately S***s....never driven such a boring track (Bmw 1-series virtual drive demo)
 
561066_20040924_screen004.jpg


I have very low hopes for what will happen if you happen to have a collision with the terrain on the side of the track there...
 
McLaren F1GTR
Graffiti in German. It's an open track, or road, should I say. People love do to that at night. Or when there's no one around. :)
I noticed that on those videos from the 1 series virtual drive
(Graffiti on the tracks)
 
You have low hopes for what could happen there, my buddy in Austin? It will just mean that you'll spin into the grass and end up making players remember not to smack into the front fenders while the car is sideways. If you know how to do this at Bristol, Martinsville, and even Talladega, you'll be a pro at avoiding such contact in GT4.

One of the cars I may enjoy racing is that 1960s Ginetta car (can't identify which it is). I knd of recall seeing it at last year's Monterrey Historics, and it's such a slick and even sexy machine. I'd surely love to race that old Ginetta in GT4. I'm actually going to be curious as to whether or not we'll see a DTM-model Opel Vectra like this year's DTM series with the 4-door machinery. I might even try racing good old American muscle at Las Vegas or maybe even do some racing at Sears Point. For New York, I'd like a chance to race fast machinery there. It seems boring with slower cars, so go for speed at New York. And while I know that people will say that NYC should be boring and unrealistic, but I don't mind the street course challenge. I'm not afraid of them. The only street courses in the world I'd fear are Monaco, Macau, and most of all, Canberra. Trust me. Play Canberra in "Pro Race Driver," and you'll see what I mean. It seems like no real emphasis on speed and easy-going corners were even mentioned or implemented. Until someone comes up with something uglier than Canberra, don't give me that "street courses are boring/challenging" talk.
 
JohnBM01
One of the cars I may enjoy racing is that 1960s Ginetta car (can't identify which it is). I knd of recall seeing it at last year's Monterrey Historics, and it's such a slick and even sexy machine. I'd surely love to race that old Ginetta in GT4.
It's the 1964 Ginetta G4 and I completely agree it looks really good.
Also it's supposed to drive really good (in real life) aswell.
 
Looking at all these pictures, i'm wondering if GT4 is going to look this good on my old crap TV for games.
 
Greyout
561066_20040924_screen004.jpg


I have very low hopes for what will happen if you happen to have a collision with the terrain on the side of the track there...
A dry touch with an invisible wall :yuck: Would you expect any creativity by PD regarding collision physics?

KY finds it more important to spend time on visual effects of spectators taking pictures (with their flash on upon a distance of 100 meters) :sick:
 
Greyout
561066_20040924_screen004.jpg


I have very low hopes for what will happen if you happen to have a collision with the terrain on the side of the track there...

Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

I think I might have high expectation on the collision of that terrain on the side of the track! :O Maybe if you do run into that terrain, you can get a shortcut by driving up that hill and landing on the otherside of the track! :dunce: ;)
 
I don't think any cars are gonna make it up that hill missy mclaren! :lol:
 
Brilliant collection of pictures, thanks...

I was wondering which course this photo was taken on, or is it just a photo location in photo mode?

561066_20040924_screen554.jpg


Thanks
 
Greyout
I have very low hopes for what will happen if you happen to have a collision with the terrain on the side of the track there...

Yes, it is definately an area where the GT Series can improve instead of the much hyped photo mode and B-Spec... A decent damage model and more severe penalties for off track excursions are the way to go.

But maybe, just maybe in the final version (whenever it gets here in Oz), will have something more than the dreaded 10 sec penalty...
 
maxter
Yes, it is definately an area where the GT Series can improve instead of the much hyped photo mode and B-Spec... A decent damage model and more severe penalties for off track excursions are the way to go.

But maybe, just maybe in the final version (whenever it gets here in Oz), will have something more than the dreaded 10 sec penalty...

the ten second penalty is a good thing, if you fear it, then I suppose that would mean you hit walls a lot huh?
 
the ten second penalty is not good in anyway:
even if u slight through a wall u get this penalty and when the CPUs crash u they don´t get any penalty, too!
...so it´s not a good idea to bring this stupid penalty into the game!
 
You're so wrong. Either you haven't played, or your just guessing.

I play prologue tons, and to this day I have yet to "get a penalty" for "grazing" a wall. Only if you slam it.

And if you can drive it doesn't matter if the AI get's penalized or not, because they lose time when they run off the track. Learn to play and it won't be that much of a bother, but it does penalize those who use walls as cruches and race aroundin F1 cars...
 
tha_con
the ten second penalty is a good thing, if you fear it, then I suppose that would mean you hit walls a lot huh?

You suppose wrong my friend huh!!. Maybe I should have added an emoticon of some type to get my sarcasm across...

What I meant was that the 10 second penalty does not in any way come near to the effect one would get when hitting the wall. To have one penalty that provides blanket coverage for numerous different car to "object" collisions is amaturish, however understandable when the limitations of the platform are taken into consideration.

What I was trying to get across was that PD should have concentrated more on this part of the "driving simulator" rather than the much hyped Photo Mode and B Spec. I will add the obligatory IMHO of course.

I spend many hours a week in my home made "cockpit"/car with DFP setup and do enjoy this simulator however it has some shortcommings and hopefully will be resolved in future iterations.
 
Back