600PP 4WD Non-Racing Car Super Lap: Suzuka Circuit 2014

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 231 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
600PP 4WD Non-Racing Car Super Lap: Suzuka Circuit 2014

02-jpg.266957

Image courtesy of JogoAsobi .. Many Thanks.

Rankings Registration: 04/12/2014 – 25/12/2014 .. 03:00 GMT/UTC
Period of Availability: 04/12/2014 – 08/01/2015 .. 03:00 GMT/UTC

Entry Requirements:
PP: 600 or less
Tyres: Sports Soft or less
Categories: Normal Car
Drivetrain: 4WD
Nitrous: Cannot be Fitted

Prizes:
Gold: Cr. 125,000
Silver: Cr. 81,000
Bronze: Cr. 37,500

Gift(s):
Gold: GT PASTELTONE 005-W paint chip

Target Time:
Gold: 2:06.000
Silver: 2:08.000
Bronze: 2:15.000

SRF is forced OFF (grayed out) in Driving Options menu.

Course Conditions:
Track: Suzuka Circuit 2014
Track Length: 3.61 miles / 5810 m
Time of day: **:**
Temp: *
Precipitation: 0%

Tunes:

TommyKaira ZZII '00 by shaunm80

TommyKaira ZZII '00 by praiano63

TommyKaira ZZII '00 by Mr P

Audi Le Mans Quattro '03 by jimipitbull

TommyKaira ZZII '00 by Otaliema

TommyKaira ZZII '00 by ODB (pick'n'mix tune) 👍

TommyKaira ZZII '00
by Evo19uk

Please post links for applicable tunes so I can update OP.

Last edited:
Nissan Concept 2020 Vision GT made my gold. New track looks good with the fresh black asphalt. Tommy Kaira ZZII a second or so faster. Others within 1/10 sec of my time were running Gallardo LP560, two more ZZII, Impreza WRX STI Spec C '09.

ZZ may be tops!

I just ran this new version of Suzuka for the first time. Is it me or did the track loose grip with the new configuration. I was running sports softs and it was like I was on comfort hard tires. I have always been able to run this track in the low 2 minute range. I first tried my trusty 22 B STI at 571 PP, then my Lambo Aventador LP700 with the same kind of issue. There seems to be no grip at all on this updated version. The best I could manage was a 2:11 for bronze. I used to love this track but if the new update has lost so much grip then I'll wait for tunes or just say 🤬 it.

Saw in the above post about the Nissan, so i tried it too. Only shaved 1 sec off my lap. Where did the grip go???

Edit: does the grip get any better the more laps you run? I just ran the same Nissan VGT on the old Suzuka and ran a 2:07 on just one lap. There is a definite difference between the grip on the old track and the new track. I hope someone else will try this and see if I have lost my mind or not.

Also tried the ZZII with the same results. 2:10 on new track and 2:05 on the old one.

Last edited:
I just ran this new version of Suzuka for the first time. Is it me or did the track loose grip with the new configuration. I was running sports softs and it was like I was on comfort hard tires. I have always been able to run this track in the low 2 minute range. I first tried my trusty 22 B STI at 571 PP, then my Lambo Aventador LP700 with the same kind of issue. There seems to be no grip at all on this updated version. The best I could manage was a 2:11 for bronze. I used to love this track but if the new update has lost so much grip then I'll wait for tunes or just say 🤬 it.

Saw in the above post about the Nissan, so i tried it too. Only shaved 1 sec off my lap. Where did the grip go???

Edit: does the grip get any better the more laps you run?

I did test it out with a few cars when we first got it and I did notice that the track does drive a bit differently. I couldn't quite put my finger on it if it was different grip, the slightly different configuration, or just placebo. Something did seem a bit different though to me. I haven't yet tried this TT as I'm on a bit of a roll at RBR.

I get the dummy of the night award. I couldn't get gold with the ZZII, so I tried the Nissan Concept and couldn't get gold with that car either. I was ready to quit, then I realized I was setting both cars up with 550 PP instead of the max allowed 600 PP! :dunce: First time with 600 PP, I got gold. Dummy me! :dunce:

Ok, I went back with the ZZ II and after 6 laps (all clean) I ran a 2:07:??? for a Silver. Don't want the paint chip and don't need the credits so I'm done. Here are things I noticed that are different between the old track and the new track. All of the braking points on at least half of the track are different between the old and the new. Just going down the front straight before the first right hander the braking zone is much further back on the new one. I don't know the names of all the curves/corners, but if you go to test drive while in the garage menu, go drive the old track and then drive the new one and you'll see what I mean. I did seem to me that the more laps I ran the better the grip was. I drove the track pretty much the same each lap. The first 3 I wasn't really pushing the car to the max I was watching my speeds in the curves so that by the 6th lap I have a better feel for the track, but it did seem that the grip got better.

The updated track is a lot smoother and grippier than the old version. Almost the entire west course, from Dunlop (Sweeping left after the esses.)right to the final corner has been resurfaced. This is most noticeable on approach to the hairpin and the chicane at the end of the lap.

I believe the first corner has also had a little change in track width so needs to be approached just a little more carefully than before. Not to mention the finish line is about 50-100m closer to the final corner than the older version. Most of the other changes are essentially cosmetic(removed crash barriers on the left hand side of the track before entering Spoon Curve{Double left hander before the back straight.} and the Big Wheel{Ferris Wheel} has been painted red. Overall it looks different and feels different but the layout is practically identical.

I agree the 2014 version has more grip. Dunlop curve in particular is different imo. Is the Subaru Viziv allowed?

I agree the 2014 version has more grip. Dunlop curve in particular is different imo. Is the Subaru Viziv allowed?
Should be. The Nissan VGT car is usually allowed and pretty popular for the TTs. I don't see why the Subaru wouldn't. As long as it's classified under 4WD (which I'm pretty sure it is) you should be able to use it. 👍

Personally, I don't see why you would want to. I thought it was pretty average at best IMO. But if you like it go for it! And good luck!!:cheers:

I didn't notice any grip issues. It seemed better to me. I got gold with my Aventador at 2:05.708. I'm almost maxed out in credits now. I suppose i should buy a car... :)

Used the ZZII

Ran a 1:58.289 lap which has placed me 30th on the early Leaderboard!:)

I tried the Nissan Concept 2020 Vision as well, but found that I was faster when using the ZZII.

See you on the track!
GTsail

Last edited:
All the top numbers r running ZZII....I ran Aventador with Praiano's tune...I'm not a good driver, 1st attempt at 2.05 ish...I saw someone running an Aventador in 1.59s I think...could be lower...

First couple of laps, it did seem that the track had lost some of its grip. As I progressed through the trial, the track seemed to settle down and I could start to push the car a bit harder. Very generous gold time, IMO, and lots of good contenders to try out. Looking forward to getting the Murcialago sv out and ripping it up.

I can't believe that Subaru VIZIV can't enter, the Nissan, Mitsubishi and Aston Martin VGTs all qualify, with some power limiting obviously. How very strange, but hey, C'est la vie.

I set a 2:05.001 in this time trial with the Aventador with stock tune but with some power and weight reduction upgrades installed. This Lamborghini is more oversteery then I expect it to be.

Back