600PP 4WD Non-Racing Car & Tuned Car Super Lap: Mount Panorama

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 55 comments
As much as I driven and liked this track it is not working for me it's against me. I have 2 of the top 10 as friends with their replays and ghost lines. I've watched the replays that I have watched over and over, to try to get braking points, speed anything I can grasp that would help. My original ZZ II has so many miles the chassis is worn out and I installed rigidity improvement when it was brand new back in 2013. If I was screwing up in the same places that would be fine because I could adjust my line, or something to help. I have well over 3 hours invested with 2 different ZZ II's each with 3 different tunes on each one. I have been able to stay my friends and keep getting DQ'd by things I don't see. I have tried a couple of different cars, one being the Gallardo which is blistering fast but is still understeering. I have mastered the left hand turn that takes you down the Conrod straight and the at the end I'm in the sand. I have to let it rest. I have a bronze but I'm not happy now that I have been able to gold the last events. Maybe someone would give me a suggestion for a different car. I just bought a new ZZ II, it has @nowcontrol tune on A and @shaunm80 on B, both excellent tunes I just can't seem to get a clean lap unless it is in the bronze time frame.

As much as I driven and liked this track it is not working for me it's against me. I have 2 of the top 10 as friends with their replays and ghost lines. I've watched the replays that I have watched over and over, to try to get braking points, speed anything I can grasp that would help. My original ZZ II has so many miles the chassis is worn out and I installed rigidity improvement when it was brand new back in 2013. If I was screwing up in the same places that would be fine because I could adjust my line, or something to help. I have well over 3 hours invested with 2 different ZZ II's each with 3 different tunes on each one. I have been able to stay my friends and keep getting DQ'd by things I don't see. I have tried a couple of different cars, one being the Gallardo which is blistering fast but is still understeering. I have mastered the left hand turn that takes you down the Conrod straight and the at the end I'm in the sand. I have to let it rest. I have a bronze but I'm not happy now that I have been able to gold the last events. Maybe someone would give me a suggestion for a different car. I just bought a new ZZ II, it has @nowcontrol tune on A and @shaunm80 on B, both excellent tunes I just can't seem to get a clean lap unless it is in the bronze time frame.

Hey Racin’, 6 tunes is a lot to swap between. I would chose the best tune you are comfortable with and stick with that. Then you can focus more on your lines without having to account for the differing idiosyncrasies of each tune. Or, you could try a slower car to determine your lines and build confidence in lap completion without disqualification. Persistence will see you through.

Good luck 👍

Hey Racin’, 6 tunes is a lot to swap between. I would chose the best tune you are comfortable with and stick with that. Then you can focus more on your lines without having to account for the differing idiosyncrasies of each tune. Or, you could try a slower car to determine your lines and build confidence in lap completion without disqualification. Persistence will see you through.

Good luck 👍

@phineas777 Thank you very much Mate.👍 I understand what you mean. I am grateful for the thought and encouragement. I do have one tune that is comfortable to drive but not fast enough on the Conrod straight. It came from great tuner @shaunm80. I have not changed the oil in the new one so I'll put that tune on the car. The gearbox was a no oil change and both of my other 2 had already had oil changes and rigidity improvement. The new one has only gotten the new parts and a fresh paint job. Thanks again Mate.:cheers:

Had a look at the leaderboard and decided to check out the replay of the R8 in the top 10, 238mph (380kmh) down the first straight showed me that this was an alien vessel and I didn't need to watch anymore
I've watched it yesterday, it surprises me that PD still can't detect laptimes from hacked consoles. Is there any way we can report cheaters like him?

@Wolf68, Sure buddy, always good to help out the old folk :D

Mine’s BNR34 SKYLINE GT-R V-spec N1 base ‘00

600PP
726 BHP (High-range turbo, 90.6%)
1204kg (full weight reduction, ratio 54:46)
SS Tyres

RH 100/90
SR 8.15/7.16
DC 1/1
DE 1/1
ARB 3/4
CA 0/0
TOE -0.14/0.09

BB 6/5 (or to preferred balance)

Gears
Reset to Default
FG to far right
Max Speed 137 (mph), or to far left
Then gears 1-6
FG 3.000

DIFF
Front: 3/18/8 (this is fixed or greyed out)
Rear: 7/32/20
Torque Distribution: 49:51

DF 150 on rear

No ballast, no rigdy, no oil change

TC/ABS 1, only

If anything doesn’t match up just let us know and I’ll have a look.

You could give the ‘06 BNR34 a go too but I only had the ‘00 in my garage.

Have fun!

Ok, with your tune on the Mine’s BNR34 SKYLINE GT-R V-spec N1 base ‘00 I was able to get a 2:03.579, switched over to my tune and got a 2:05.387 and some consistent 2:08.XXXs with it. So your tune is faster, I'm going to take some lessons and apply them to my tune and see what I can come up with.

I couldn't quite get the same horsepower setting you did so I think you must have old oil in your car. I'll drive mine for a while and see if the numbers match up...

Thanks again for sharing your tune with me\the forum!!

I am so close with both the ZZ II and the Gallardo. Can't figure out why I keep lightly brushing the wall in the first of the S turns going down the mountain. I've run 3 gold laps that were DQ'd by the wall in the ZZ II and 1 lap in the Gallardo. I tuned the Gallardo but both cars I need a tiny bit more rotation. 198 MPH on the Conrod straight with the ZZ II, 211 MPH in the Gallardo, but the Gallardo gets a bit twitchy under hard braking. A fresh set of eyes and hands should be the gold. Thanks to @Jeje6410 for the base tune on the ZZ II.👍👍👍:cheers:

I am so close with both the ZZ II and the Gallardo. Can't figure out why I keep lightly brushing the wall in the first of the S turns going down the mountain. I've run 3 gold laps that were DQ'd by the wall in the ZZ II and 1 lap in the Gallardo. I tuned the Gallardo but both cars I need a tiny bit more rotation. 198 MPH on the Conrod straight with the ZZ II, 211 MPH in the Gallardo, but the Gallardo gets a bit twitchy under hard braking. A fresh set of eyes and hands should be the gold. Thanks to @Jeje6410 for the base tune on the ZZ II.👍👍👍:cheers:

Thanks a lot my dear friend Barnabas for having used this car for your tune's base. :cheers::cheers:

Ok, with your tune on the Mine’s BNR34 SKYLINE GT-R V-spec N1 base ‘00 I was able to get a 2:03.579, switched over to my tune and got a 2:05.387 and some consistent 2:08.XXXs with it. So your tune is faster, I'm going to take some lessons and apply them to my tune and see what I can come up with.

I couldn't quite get the same horsepower setting you did so I think you must have old oil in your car. I'll drive mine for a while and see if the numbers match up...

Thanks again for sharing your tune with me\the forum!!

Hey Wolf, it’s great that the tune could help you out some. The Mines’s is a little slower than the ZZII but it is more stable and so more fun to drive across The Mountain.

Not sure about your BHP differences. Only has 100 miles on the one I used. So I bought another one, set it to high turbo at 90.6% giving 726 BHP and then the weight reduction to give 600PP.

Not a prblem sharing the tune mate, hope you had fun with it.

:cheers:

As a last resort, I tried this one, Mine’s BNR34 SKYLINE GT-R V-spec N1 base ‘00. DQ on every lap. Don't touch the white lines, watchout for the right side of your car. there are hidden curb feelers that you can't see and you get DQ'd. I don't need the car or the paint. So I'm done. That is very hard to admit but I'd rather not have another heart attack for getting so angry at a game. I am truly glad to all my friends that did well and for the rest of the community that got what ever they were after. I'm not being sarcastic, I truly am glad if you did well. 👍👍:cheers::)👍👍👍👍👍

Hey Wolf, it’s great that the tune could help you out some. The Mines’s is a little slower than the ZZII but it is more stable and so more fun to drive across The Mountain.

Not sure about your BHP differences. Only has 100 miles on the one I used. So I bought another one, set it to high turbo at 90.6% giving 726 BHP and then the weight reduction to give 600PP.

Not a prblem sharing the tune mate, hope you had fun with it.

:cheers:
Damn millionaire with all those cars.:lol::lol: Have you got that stand yet? Mine was here in 3 days.:cheers::cheers:

As a last resort, I tried this one, Mine’s BNR34 SKYLINE GT-R V-spec N1 base ‘00. DQ on every lap. Don't touch the white lines, watchout for the right side of your car. there are hidden curb feelers that you can't see and you get DQ'd. I don't need the car or the paint. So I'm done. That is very hard to admit but I'd rather not have another heart attack for getting so angry at a game. I am truly glad to all my friends that did well and for the rest of the community that got what ever they were after. I'm not being sarcastic, I truly am glad if you did well. 👍👍:cheers::)👍👍👍👍👍

I'm feel your pain , I tried your tune on the Gallardo, it turned out to be more stable than anything I had on it but the understeer killed the lap, the frustration caused me to swear I was done with GT6.
After a few days of tinkering with Asetto Corsa (looks pretty, sounds good), I decided to give the Gallardo a try stock with the SS tyres, it felt really nice, I then gave it full weight reduction and it was even better, threw the 600pp power parts at it, installed custom transmission and set the auto slider to 224mph, added triple clutch and prop shaft and left out the differential (LSD and torque distribution), it was miles better, ran 3 clean laps (a first in the Gallardo) and and finished on 2m00.4, proper driving will get this configuration under 2 minutes, some slow in - fast out required and this car will put a smile on your face, sound great too without the racing exhaust, it sounds like a 700hp NA V10 :lol:

IMG_20171215_232240.jpg

Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit.jpg

I'm feel your pain , I tried your tune on the Gallardo, it turned out to be more stable than anything I had on it but the understeer killed the lap, the frustration caused me to swear I was done with GT6.
After a few days of tinkering with Asetto Corsa (looks pretty, sounds good), I decided to give the Gallardo a try stock with the SS tyres, it felt really nice, I then gave it full weight reduction and it was even better, threw the 600pp power parts at it, installed custom transmission and set the auto slider to 224mph, added triple clutch and prop shaft and left out the differential (LSD and torque distribution), it was miles better, ran 3 clean laps (a first in the Gallardo) and and finished on 2m00.4, proper driving will get this configuration under 2 minutes, some slow in - fast out required and this car will put a smile on your face, sound great too without the racing exhaust, it sounds like a 700hp NA V10 :lol:

View attachment 699657

View attachment 699658

I really needed to hear that my friend.👍:)👍 I had multiple gold laps DQ's using my normal driving line. I could never find a comfortable line. I did shave a full second off my bronze but it was pushing my blood pressure way up so I threw in the towel. Never done that before. But after the recent health scare I thought it best to stop making myself angry. I pray that you have holidays full of joy and peace with you and yours. I'm glad you were able to gold with the Gallardo. I tried to give it the best tune I could. I ran a gold lap with it but lightly touched the inside wall before the Conrod straight. Take care and be safe cause there are lots of crazies out there. We just had one try to blow up the New York subway.

My best regards,
Barnabas

I really needed to hear that my friend.👍:)👍 I had multiple gold laps DQ's using my normal driving line. I could never find a comfortable line. I did shave a full second off my bronze but it was pushing my blood pressure way up so I threw in the towel. Never done that before. But after the recent health scare I thought it best to stop making myself angry. I pray that you have holidays full of joy and peace with you and yours. I'm glad you were able to gold with the Gallardo. I tried to give it the best tune I could. I ran a gold lap with it but lightly touched the inside wall before the Conrod straight. Take care and be safe cause there are lots of crazies out there. We just had one try to blow up the New York subway.

My best regards,
Barnabas

Hi Barnabas
Yes that pesky Gallardo, it sucked the soul right out of me :banghead::banghead:
Its a good car that gets hidden sometimes when we (me especially) have to tune it. To reward myself and go for a change of pace I had a go with the CTR2 '96

IMG_20171216_190702.jpg

Its easier to drive and good fun (=slower)

Take care for the holidays also, crazies are not exclusive to your side of the pond, we have maniacs burning houses down with 'their' kids inside :crazy:
Good health to all :bowdown:

Hi Barnabas
Yes that pesky Gallardo, it sucked the soul right out of me :banghead::banghead:
Its a good car that gets hidden sometimes when we (me especially) have to tune it. To reward myself and go for a change of pace I had a go with the CTR2 '96

View attachment 699781

Its easier to drive and good fun (=slower)

Take care for the holidays also, crazies are not exclusive to your side of the pond, we have maniacs burning houses down with 'their' kids inside :crazy:
Good health to all :bowdown:

It is perfectly fine that the CTR was the better car.👍:) If I read correctly you ran a clean 2:04 lap and got gold in the Gallardo. That is what lifted my spirit. Both of the TT's nearly did the same to me. :banghead::banghead::banghead:I don't ever remember running so many gold but red laps in all the time I have been playing GT. Yes the crazies don't care who they hurt but the Good Lord is always in control. When it's your time to go you could be sitting relaxed with your feet up. I do pray the best for you throughout the holiday season and a blessed new year. There was a time that Paul and Barnabas went their separate ways but we're still friends. I will not be going the PS4/GT Sport way until next year. It is a lot of money to invest for a game, wheel and console. I have Assetto Corsa on my PC so it's not like I won't be able to race. I have a person that is a friend of a friend that said he might be able to repair my DFGT. If so then I will be very into Assetto Corsa. I really like that game. GT it is not but it is still a very fun game. Till next time may you and yours be blessed and safe and that the new years brings its own rewards.
Shalom,
Barnabas

I noticed he is now at number 1, so I think it confirms that PD are continuing their 'turn a blind eye' policy, along with taking care of their new baby on the PS4, shame really.
He's still there lol. I've found out you can only report him from PC, you need to find his profile (here) and click the Report button next to his profile picture.

Merry Christmas and a joyful new year to all you guys still on here. I will make mine great by not going near PC2 'till it becomes playable. I have never had so much trouble with a game since I started with GT1. I've wasted hours with it and I'm still not making any real progress, maybe I got a bad disc.

Anyway, should be my last bitch before Xmas. all the best.:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::gtpflag:

Back