• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 11 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
600PP GT500 Super Lap: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

TT#75 - 600PP GT500 Super Lap @ Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.png
^^Click on the image above to go to the online leader board for this event^^

Tunes: Please add the cars full name as the header of [above] your posted/linked tunes, and also the tuners full GTP name if it is not your own tune, just as it looks here.
GT-R NISMO GT3 Nissan GT Academy Team RJN '13 by SpeedyFastKaz
The full GT6 car list can be viewed HERE for copy & pasting.
Please post links for applicable tunes if they are located in the tuning database, tuning forum or elsewhere in the seasonal forum.

This is a repeated event 2014. repeated event 2017. PLEASE DO NOT resurrect that thread by posting in it. THANKS.
If you do want to quote and comment on something from the old thread you can click the +Quote button
of that post and then return here and use the Insert Quote button below the reply box to post your comments here in the current thread.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
I decided to give this a serious go today and ended up with a 1:20.270 in my HSV-010 base model. I feel I can probably shave off at least another half second or so just by making less errors and pushing harder in a couple of corners. The HSV is a great car for this track for sure.

Is the wheel not working for you then?
I always wonder, would I be faster or slower with the wheel...?

I think it's a matter of habit. I think that if I play more often I would be able to do the same time as with a DS3.The secret is practice, practice.

1:15.582 - Honda HSV - 10th atm

During the 2017 edition of this event I lapped 1:15.4 with a mixed tune derived from several ones. I'm driving @HansDampf 2017 setup now and it seems slightly faster... lets see...

ciao

Last edited:
I'll try to climb has high as possible In a Epson NSX '08. The car corners pretty well, and is never used. lets see if I can get into 3 digits atm

Well this is the end of seasonal events now. I managed to finish in the top 250 worldwide in all of the final four events and my highest of 66th in this one.
The time and drift trials have always been the most fun for me since way back in GT5, and it's been amazing to see how much I've improved. Back when I first started running every trial sometime in 2011 I didn't know how to tune and most trials took many attempts just to get gold. I've always been competitive so I wanted to improve, soon after I discovered GTPlanet and all of the good tunes and tips on here. That helped me a lot and propelled me to about top 10000 or so on the leaderboards by 2012.
About that time I started drifting and creating my own tunes for it and by 2013 I had a few top 10 worldwide finishes in drift events. So I decided that since GTPlanet had helped me so much in improving my time trials, I would become a member and share tunes to help others in drift trials.
This went well, and pretty much the rest is history from there. The GTPlanet community has continued to help me improve and hopefully I've helped others improve along the way too.

It is sad to see the seasonal events end, but I'm sure GTPlanet will stay as strong as ever as long as Gran Turismo is still around :gtpflag:.

The final time trial ended for me with the highest ever rank, 35th (but that's ofcourse due to many fast drivers migrating to GTS).
Anyway I didn't fulfill my goal which was to get into 15s, but I was pretty close.
My final time for Laguna is: 1:16.081 (improved around 1 tenth compared to last year event)

It was fun, it was hard, it was WORK. It's been roughly 18 months for me with GT6 online, but I learned so much.
I'm a grinder type, it takes a hundred attempts for me to get a few fast laps. The inability to repeat a great drive is my damnation, but sometimes after a further thousand laps I realize how to do it, then it clicks and it is so beautiful.
Sometimes I lack patience to get to that point, but when I do it is a perfect fullfilment for a driver, to overcome a boundary that seemed completely out of reach.
That's what I learned here. Thanks.

Cheers!
:cheers:

Is the wheel not working for you then?
I always wonder, would I be faster or slower with the wheel...?
At first if you have been using a hand controller for some time you will be slower with the wheel but only for a short time later as time goes on you will be faster for sure with the wheel.

Back