Votes: 35 26.9%

• Total voters

et_

(Banned)
Sweden
erazer13
elias_johansson
2.jpg

*thanks to GRANKUSTOM for the picture.:)

Rankings Registration: 14/08/2014 – 28/08/2014, 3:00 GMT/UTC
Period of Availability: 14/08/2014 – 11/09/2014, 3:00 GMT/UTC

Eligible Cars:
-All GT500 cars
-All JGTC cars except Nissan CALSONIC SKYLINE '00
-Nissan Calsonic IMPUL GT-R '08 is allowed twice:lol:

Entry Requirements:
PP: 600 or less
Tyres: Racing Hard or less.
Nitrous: Cannot be Fitted.

Prizes:
Gold: Cr.140,000
Silver: Cr.70,000
Bronze: Cr.50,000

Gift(s):
Gold: GT MILITARY 006-W paint chip.

Target Time:
Gold: 1:23.000
Silver: 1:26.000
Bronze: 1:32.000

SRF is forced OFF (grayed out) in Driving Options menu.

Course Conditions:
Track: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
Track Length: 3,602 m
Time of day: 13:30
Precipitation: 0%

Tunes:

Honda weider HSV-010 '11 - praiano63

Honda RAYBRIG HSV-010 '12 - praiano63

Honda HSV-010 GT Base Model '12 - LLOYDZELITE69

Honda HSV-010 GT Base Model '12 - Mini Stiggy

Honda HSV-010 GT Base Model '12 - Weider

Honda HSV-010 GT Base Model '12 - Motor City Hami

Honda HSV-010 GT Base Model '12 - shaunm80

Honda HSV-010 GT Base Model '12 - esenli

Honda HSV-010 GT Base Model '12 - Ed_Night (Modified Stiggy tune)

Honda HSV-010 GT Base Model '12 - et_ (Retarded rear toe setting)

Honda HSV-010 15th Anniversary Edition '11 - OzzyOzborne, With final gear setting here (4.000)

Honda HSV-010 15th Anniversary Edition '11 - hsv

Nissan XANAVI NISMO Z '06 - Thorin Cain

Nissan GT-R GT500 Stealth Model - shaunm80

Gearbox setup - eclipsee

Please post links for applicable tunes so I can update OP.

Our devoted GTP member JogoAsobi has gone MIA. I set up these threads in his honor!

:gtplanet:
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

BONUS CHALLENGE:

PD has made a mistake in this time trial, they missed to add the "Nissan CALSONIC SKYLINE '00" to the list of eligible cars. Instead they added the "Nissan 180SX Type X '96" to the list of eligible cars. (Thanks to KimiHR for finding out why it is eligible) So anyway, the challenge is this:
What is the fastest time you can achieve with the Nissan 180SX in this time trial?

IMPORTANT UPDATE: on friday evening PD made the Nissan 180SX Type X ineligible again, essentially closing the bonus event:grumpy:
But the folks at PD really must be a bunch of morons, because they did'nt make the Nissan CALSONIC SKYLINE '00 eligible. Instead they added the "Nissan Calsonic IMPUL GT-R '08" TWICE!:lol:

Leaderboard:

1'st: Ed_Night - 1'24.520
2'nd: et_ - 1'24.727
3'rd: King_Fatts - 1'24.973
4'th: ThrasherDBS - 1'25.924
5'th: Mahen N - 1'26.500

Rules:
-The time must be set within this seasonal event, using the Nissan 180SX Type X '96.
-Anything the game allows is allowed.
-Take a picture of the time for verification. (shot after the lap was completed, and before 3 laps has passed so that it doesn't disappear. With the "behind the car" view. And make sure both the car and time is visible.) Note: You dont have to post the picture if you dont want to, I will only ask for a picture if the time is suspiciously fast, or someone else would like proof. Here is a good example how to do it, by ThrasherDBS:
180SX example.jpg

Tunes:

Nissan 180SX Type X '96 - et_

Nissan 180SX Type X '96 - Onboy123

Please post links for applicable tunes so I can update OP.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Woohoo. Stock Raybrig HSV-010 got me a 1:19.310. Good enough for 43rd at time of writing. May have to play with it a bit :D I am definitely not the best driver around. Also thats with DS3.

Bronze first attempt 541pp Nissan Silvia 180SX while driving like an idiot, Drifted 3 corners. Haha. If I tune this, I bet I can get silver. Gold will be hard though.

Rank 1016 with a 1:30.462

Edit: 1:29.447

I set a 1:22.265 in a fully stock raybirg hsv-010. I love that hsv around the nurburgring and Laguna seca. I think the pp was at 583 or little more but It is still a fast car.

Put together a quick tune for this in the HSV-010 GT 15th Anniv Version, it could work with the other HSVs but i only have the 15th Anniv version at the moment. However i'm surprised it worked rather well knowing nothing about tuning on this game. Which is why i've had to rely on others most of the time ;) (Which is not my strong suit as you can tell). I think i'll just put this here as a base tune i'm not going to update it any further, anyone can change it to their liking and post it on the thread if they would like to. But anyway here's the setup. (It got me a decent 1:19.405 which put me 71st at the time of this being edited twice if not more)

Tyres: Racing Hard

Suspension (F/R):
60/60
15.03/16.07
4/4
4/4
3/3
1.0/0.5
0.00/0.20

Brakes:
5/5

Transmission
Set Max Speed to 149
Then Final Gear to 5.500
1st - 4.334
2nd - 3.235
3rd - 2.473
4th - 1.934
5th - 1.565
6th - 1.304

Drivetrain
6/17/8

Power (Everything left as it is)

Body
Downforce is stock 300/550

Last edited:
Thanks @OzzyOzborne! I'm just loading up my PS3 right now and I'm going to take on these new Seasonal Events. I happen to have the 15th Anniversary HSV in my garage and I look forward to trying your tune. 👍

When I saw the 180SX was on the "eligible cars" list, I figured "why not", and decided to give the car a go. Bought one and bought all of the best modifications for it. I took it for a lap or two without making any tweaks, and this car was fairly stable (granted that's because of the racing slicks).

Golding is pretty out of the question when it comes to this car, but it definitely will get at least a bronze time (got 1:29 myself). Maybe with a few tweaks and a more capable guy behind the wheel and this could silver the event.

15th Anniversary HSV-010 (my namesake, yay) for this. Just scraped together a rough setup, doesn't handle terribly, got quite comfortable and can get into the 1:17's. If I can get into the 16's, I'm happy.

Well. The good news is, I got Gold on my very first lap on Laguna Seca. The bad news is, it was only by a hair and after 3 more laps my time is only down to a 1:22.768. I say "bad news" because I felt that I ran pretty decent laps with my Honda HSV-010 GT 15th Anniversary Edition. Hmmm...Usually I'll know where I'm losing time but apparently I'm losing it everywhere on this lap! Time to go watch some replays from The Aliens(TM). :banghead::bowdown::dunce:

Well. The good news is, I got Gold on my very first lap on Laguna Seca. The bad news is, it was only by a hair and after 3 more laps my time is only down to a 1:22.768. I say "bad news" because I felt that I ran pretty decent laps with my Honda HSV-010 GT 15th Anniversary Edition. Hmmm...Usually I'll know where I'm losing time but apparently I'm losing it everywhere on this lap! Time to go watch some replays from The Aliens(TM). :banghead::bowdown::dunce:
I'm currently trying a few different setups, a slightly twitchy medium/hard setup works quite well. I'll have it up once I'm finished if you'd like it.

Down to a 17.7.

My goal is to at least silver this event with the 180SX. After an oil change and added rigidity, I went and found a tune to base a few tweaks on. This tune by @Onboy123 of Clueless, Over The Hill Outlaws, improved the car's maneuverability and straight-line acceleration considerably. (Doubt those guys would've thought that their tune would be used for a seasonal like this, huh? It's definitely a solid tune though.)

My newest time with the 180 is 1:26.538. If I can just optimize my lines and control my throttle perfectly, I bet this thing can beat the silver time. I know this is a "why bother" kind of scenario, what with people trouncing gold with their HSVs, but still, this little challenge has been pretty fun so far. I'll see if I can improve on this tomorrow.

hsv
I'm currently trying a few different setups, a slightly twitchy medium/hard setup works quite well. I'll have it up once I'm finished if you'd like it.

Down to a 17.7.
Oh, you're very kind. Yes, I would love to try your tune when you feel like releasing it. Thank you for the offer. :cheers:

Got a 1:22.600-ish time with a 15th Anniversary HSV.
I'm so tempted to try to gold it with that 180SX. Just wow..

1:17.506, good enough for 20th. Got some more to come out the car, but a 16 is looking a struggle. I'm presuming the fastest guys have turbos installed, so a lot of pace will come from that...

Back