600PP Italian Non-Racing Car Super Lap: Ascari Full Track [OLD]

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 115 comments
Finally got gold. Was using car and tune that had previously failed to even get bronze but I turned traction control off this time and that did the trick. After that I tried out of curiosity again with traction control and again the times sucked. Strange....

Success.. I set AS to Strong, TC 0, AMS ON, ABS 1 and with the Murcielago LP 670-4 SV I was finally able to get Gold... 2:14.138 which is good enough for 13,904th. :D:tup: Thanks @Ed_Night for a great tune and to all for the vote of confidence.
Awesome job, @SuperFreak! That's the way to stick with it and not give up... 👍 This certainly was a more challenging event - having to control these wild cars on a very technical track. You should definitely be proud of your accomplishment. :cheers:

Success.. I set AS to Strong, TC 0, AMS ON, ABS 1 and with the Murcielago LP 670-4 SV I was finally able to get Gold... 2:14.138 which is good enough for 13,904th. :D:tup: Thanks @Ed_Night for a great tune and to all for the vote of confidence.

Funny how I only could get it without any assistance except for ABS 1. Shows how everyone is different...

Spent 2 hours of frustration on this last night, but managed to pull through with a 2:13.945. I used the gearbox and most of the suspension tune from Ed night, but it was still tough. Think I'm trying for a better time? Think again......... Gold=done!!!!!!!

I really like the seasonal event. The offer up a challenge and it's not just a case of blast round and get gold. You really gotta work at it tweaking all the time. I don't really go below lvl3 traction control and have some real fun at the same time. As you get closer and closer to the target time, you don't realise but you are getting better at understanding and driving. I lost the love for gt6 for a long time but now my thirst is back. I will set up the aventador as above and go crush the time.

I really hate this Ascari track, but I have to admit - it is a magnificent challenge to hit the time they've set. It really does make you hit your marks!

Same here, never liked this track one bit. This one took me 3 days to reached the 2:14 mark, with the easiest car too. (Lambo MuSV)

The Top 10 players won't get any faster with the Lambo, because they have the skill to drive the FXX.

My times:
FXX --> 2:04,1xx
LP 670-4 SV --> 2:04,7xx
Aventador --> 2:04,8xx
Lancia Delta --> 2:14,9xx :D

Edit:

Managed a 2:03,989 with the Murcielago LP 670-4 SV '09 for 17th place.
The FXX still can do better but with the X-button my throttle control is to bad.

I also tested the Gallardo, but it is to slippery due to the low downforce, only got a 2:06,7xx.

are you an Allien ? :-)

Last edited:
I really hate this Ascari track, but I have to admit - it is a magnificent challenge to hit the time they've set. It really does make you hit your marks!

I actually like Ascari, but it is a difficult track to run a TT on. The expert level Ferrari challenge they had here last year was a lot of fun and a good challenge. The fact that if you clip an apex of a chicane a little too much giving you a red lap (on a 2 minute plus lap) is what makes this a tough track for TT.

I actually like Ascari, but it is a difficult track to run a TT on. The expert level Ferrari challenge they had here last year was a lot of fun and a good challenge. The fact that if you clip an apex of a chicane a little too much giving you a red lap (on a 2 minute plus lap) is what makes this a tough track for TT.
That Ferrari Challenge was a LOT of fun. They should do another one on a different track. Or, they could use Lamborghinis this time. That would be fun too! :)

Finally got Gold with a time just below 1:14 thanks to Ed_Nights tune for the Superveloce. This was just the right amount of 'difficult'. A nice challenge that makes you work for it.

If you just joined the thread, here is the @Ed_Night tunes everyone is loving...including me, after 10 laps!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ascari-full-track.334283/page-2#post-10974270

Only change was 3 4 on the brakes instead of 3 3 he used. Fade off the brakes and turn in gently. Coast a long way around the corner before you start any power.

Keep tight to the corner apex. Long arcs, close to the inside around the very long left turns. Be patient! Brake early!

Once you get the hang of that, you can try holding tiny bit of gas from the middle of the turn. Trail braking to the apex didn't work for me. Must finish braking and start coasting before you crank the steering (stick) all the way over.

This coordination of analogue controls, staying on the grippy line and being patient are the lessons the seasonal is designed to teach. I take it as a chance to learn.

Be educated - not infuriated. :)

This is a difficult event. I don't know what your feelings are about using driving aids, but you could always try using Traction Control or that steering aid thing. Personally, I would rather miss Gold and stay true to my driving without aids, but I would never force someone else to do what I do.
And that's the philosophy I decided to go with. Silver's apparently as good as I'm getting here. To hell with this event (and the fact that the FXX dominates it and shouldn't even be eligible :) ).

I see a lot of players have problems to get gold here.

Got over 10 seconds under the gold time with the FXX and the Murcielago LP 670-4
SuperVeloce '09 with DS3 and ABS: 1 only.
The FXX is defenetly nothing for the average driver, but the Lambo should be a
easy gold for everybody.

View attachment 447396

103 95
11,65 12,20
1 2
2 3
6 6
0 0
0 0

racing brake: 3 / 3

drivetrain: - install all parts
10 / 15 / 20 ( front )
10 / 26 / 20 ( rear )
torque split: 32:68

power: racing exhaust @ 96,7% limiter

weight: install all parts = 1.252kg

custom wing: downforce 50 / 120

custom wheels 2+ inch

After you did all the stuff above you can install the custom gearbox.

transmission:
FG: 4,000
Vmax: 240km/h (as far to the left as possible)
gears ( 1st - 6th ): 3,395 / 2,560 / 2,070 / 1,705 / 1,416 / 1,188
FG: 3,200

No oil change and no re. improvement!

thx, 2.06.045 on G27 in 30 mins

I'm too on the anti Fxx bandwagon. Would have to be one of my least favorite tracks to do TT. Do I continue to try and get gold hell yeah.Currently trying with 640 chrome line. Im using HRT racing tune on g27 abs 1 no tc. Fun umm not really.Have tried 365 too slow.even tried my Abarth 500 for a laugh. It seams unless u get every part text book correct your destiny is to fail. I've lost hours on first chicane to get it correct only to over shoot the first hair pin. Keep on going I say.cheers

Yes, it is demanding. You have to find the right car and right settings for your driving style. Even something like switching TC 1 to TC 0 or vice versa can make it or break it. Once you get that right you suddenly realize that you don't have to push 100% in every spot to get gold. I took the first chicane and the following turn relatively slow myself and could probably get better time if I pushed it but I got my gold and I'm happy with that.

32 records 1 man... hahaha :D You just need the guy from Hollywood Blockbuster trailers to voice that part and get the adrenaline pumping :P

Great lap btw :eek: 👍

Back