600PP - Lap Times - Suzuka & Fuji + WORLD EVENT TT

• Thread starter Timppaq
  • 323 comments
After a week on the beach/golf course it's taking some time to get the feei back... had my 1st proper go with the G25 this afternoon too...

2'10.483 -- gtr -- Stotty

I don't see any Evo on the Fuji laptimes, might as well be first.

1'51.870 -- Mitsubishi Evo X GSR -- GTP_Beerz

I'll get the ball rolling with the free run laps at Daytona I had earlier in these 2 cars ..

1'44.991 -- Z06 Tuned -- GTP_Mr P
1'48.164 -- Evo X Tuned -- GTP_Mr P

These laps will be crushed with ease especially the Z06 as I was being too careful .. but they 1st place for now :sly:
I'll run a few more over the next few days :cheers:

Just a tiny error on your 1st page leaderboard description for WE2 Timo .. It's R1 tyres and not R3's ;)
Cheers for the update 👍

I meant to post this time while the event was going.
WORLD EVENT Suzuka: f430 & GT-R
2'10.726 -- f430 -- GTP_Sinsemila

600PP/S1
2'18.290 -- Honda NSX Type R '02 -- GTP_Sinsemila -- The Lion's Den
2'20.708 -- Chevy Corvette C6 -- GTP_Sinsemila -- The Lion's Den

I only did a few laps in the Corvette. Dunlop curve is pretty tricky now with the s1's on both cars, I can't use full throttle up the hill like I could with the s2's.

There's a pretty big grip drop off from S2's to S1's... to the tune of about 2 seconds a lap. I'm not really liking it so far. I think S2's were a nice balance between gip and slip - they allowed you to concentrate more on the racing rather than having to manage front end grip. Having a wheel/pedals is now a massive advantage as you spend much more time on partial throttle.

My former 600PP favorite, the 07 sti is a real challenge now, and not in a nice way - it has so little front end grip and so much power-on understeer that it's a complete pig to drive. Even though I could turn faster laps in the sti in free run, I went back to the R8 last night as it's so much better to drive.

I meant to post this time while the event was going.
WORLD EVENT Suzuka: f430 & GT-R
2'10.726 -- f430 -- GTP_Sinsemila

600PP/S1
2'18.290 -- Honda NSX Type R '02 -- GTP_Sinsemila -- The Lion's Den
2'20.708 -- Chevy Corvette C6 -- GTP_Sinsemila -- The Lion's Den

I only did a few laps in the Corvette. Dunlop curve is pretty tricky now with the s1's on both cars, I can't use full throttle up the hill like I could with the s2's.

Yikes, a 2sec difference on the Corvette with the new tyres, I'm going to badly need a wheel very very soon. As soon as I get my tax cheque, and my Ute lowered.......

There's a pretty big grip drop off from S2's to S1's... to the tune of about 2 seconds a lap. I'm not really liking it so far. I think S2's were a nice balance between gip and slip - they allowed you to concentrate more on the racing rather than having to manage front end grip. Having a wheel/pedals is now a massive advantage as you spend much more time on partial throttle.

My former 600PP favorite, the 07 sti is a real challenge now, and not in a nice way - it has so little front end grip and so much power-on understeer that it's a complete pig to drive. Even though I could turn faster laps in the sti in free run, I went back to the R8 last night as it's so much better to drive.

I'm glad people are finally seeing the flaws in the 07 STI. I'm a fan of the car but always found it silly that it was the defacto fast car for pp600 events. It's short wheelbase and rally design aren't the best for circuit driving and in real life the thing shouldn't be able to hold a candle to a car like a F430, an R8 or even the NSX-R on a circuit like Suzuka. That isn't a statement that the car is bad, it's just reality. Now take the Scoob to Eiger (or say.. the Nordschliefe) or a bumpy twisty road and it is in it's element. It's a fair drive for circuit racing, but not to the level it had on S2s.

The S1s need a longer wheelbase, more control of the throttle and care in braking (straight line braking with early turn in they like). If you enter too hot into a corner you'll pay for the entire lap. That was something that S2s didn't hurt you that bad with.

I spent about 35mins yesterday with a F430 and my pp600/S2 Suzuka tune, changed only the HP to get to the 600 number, was just getting a feel for the car was running consistent 2'20s with a best lap of 2'19.879. I then took the 599 out and could only manage a 2'25.178, Suzuka is just not a happy place for the big car. There is alot more in the F430, maybe not for me but for someone here, that I'll look for when I can sit down and properly tune.

I expect the R8 to the the killer car for this race (and hotlapping), it's AWD, can be tuned to have a good power/weight ratio and has a long'ish wheelbase. Evos will be good in this one too as will the F430 (the added HP you can give it really helps over the S2 tune) and NSX-R (more for hotlapping) for RWDs. The Scoob will be fast, but not like it was with S2s.

The sti was never a 'fun' car to drive, even on S2's but it was effective.... and IMO, the reason it's so quick is that you get a lot of BHP for your 600PP. c.426bhp and reasonable weight.

The sti was never a 'fun' car to drive, even on S2's but it was effective.... and IMO, the reason it's so quick is that you get a lot of BHP for your 600PP. c.426bhp and reasonable weight.

... and it was a rally car that with sticky tires (S2s respectively), short wheelbase and good BHP excelled in the esses at Suzuka. Now that the sticky tires are gone it's knocked back down to it's normal stature.

The hot-lap times for me on S2's were similar for the R8 and the Sti - mid 2.15 best in the Sti, 2.16 flat in the R8... and the gap seems similar on S1's (sti mid 17's, R8, low 18's) but they got there 2 very different ways...

For me, the R8 was MUCH quicker in turn 1&2, the esses, through Dunlop/Degner and had it could carry a higher apex speed on 130R. But the sti was so much faster on the 2 straights that it overhauled the gap in the corners. In a race the sti was better as it could easily draft past the R8.

The hot-lap times for me on S2's were similar for the R8 and the Sti - mid 2.15 best in the Sti, 2.16 flat in the R8... and the gap seems similar on S1's (sti mid 17's, R8, low 18's) but they got there 2 very different ways...

For me, the R8 was MUCH quicker in turn 1&2, the esses, through Dunlop/Degner and had it could carry a higher apex speed on 130R. But the sti was so much faster on the 2 straights that it overhauled the gap in the corners. In a race the sti was better as it could easily draft past the R8.

I just spent an 45mins with an R8 and was shocked how much faster it was out of the box, untuned, than the F430. I mean I knew it would be but I was surprised just how easy it was to go fast. After 30mins of tuning I was running consistent low 2'18s with a fast lap on 2'17.7XX.

I do well with the R8 in the esses, Dunlop/Degner and the hairpin but struggle with curve 1&2, spoon & 130r entry, Problems I've always had with the R8 with anytire. I also suffer from the straightline speed but that seems to balance with corner exit speed and overall torque (3rd gear out of the hairpin?!?!).

I did two races with the R8, starting from the back (usually 9th out of 12) and won both with a 10-13sec gap over second. The field must have been punters, though I didn't notice much hijinks on my way to the front, but I shouldn't have that much victory margin.

I'll work on it some more 2'17s will be consistent for me with a chance 2'16 here and there, anymore and I'll need to be super lucky. The R8 is a car that I want to like more than I do. I like the concept of the R8 but always find something lacking in it's drive. Maybe I just prefer RWDs. I think I'll spend more time working on F430 and NSX-R setup in this one.

Speaking of the NSX-R... it really wants to step-out everywhere now. Goodness. I ran 3 laps with the pp600/S2 setup from a few weeks back and hit 2'20s barely. THough jumping straight from the R8 to a NSX-R is a huge change. I can see high 2'18s with the NSX-R for myself, but not much else. I'll be curious to see what the fast guys do with it.

I did 1 lap in free practice with the R8 yesterday to see what it was like, driving the S1 tyres and than lap was 2'18.2xx. Just did 2 more laps and the second was 2'17.467, but I was .2 seconds slower in the first sector compared to the previous lap.

Update.
600PP/S1
2'17.815 -- Honda NSX Type R '02 -- GTP_Sinsemila -- The Lion's Den
2'20.209 -- Chevy Corvette C6 -- GTP_Sinsemila -- The Lion's Den

World Event - Daytona Road

1'43.767 -- Corvette Z06 Tuned -- GTP_Beerz

Update.
600PP/S1
2'17.468 -- Honda NSX Type R '02 -- GTP_Sinsemila -- The Lion's Den
2'19.793 -- Chevy Corvette C6 -- GTP_Sinsemila -- The Lion's Den

Ive got the NSX down to 1 second slower than my fastest on s2's and about 1.3 slower than s2's in the Corvette.

Update.
600PP/S1
2'17.533 -- Honda NSX Type R '02 -- GTP_Sinsemila -- The Lion's Den
2'19.793 -- Chevy Corvette C6 -- GTP_Sinsemila -- The Lion's Den

Ive got the NSX down to 1 second slower than my fastest on s2's and about 1.3 slower than s2's in the Corvette.

You can go faster on S1s than I could on S2s.:scared: Thanks for still driving my tunes.:)

Quick question: I was watching a couple of Rudiracer's videos and noticed there is a rolling start for suz 600pp s1 tires and i am pretty sure he races on pal. On NTSC it is a standing start. Why the difference? Or am i just crazy and all versions have a standing start?

Yes, we are rolling here.... :) Don't know the reason though. Just more tests? To see what'll happen... and btw, it's great.

Yup, I saw some intense racing but they really need to bring the cars closer together. Instead of a single file line, 2 cars per row would be better in my opinion.

And Timpaq, congrats on GT academy, wish all you guys the best of luck.

I hope they'll get there. And 5laps would do wonders to the standing start. Everyone could take more easy 1st lap.. 10 would be even better.. :)

And thanks! ..I'll keep you all updated for the S-II... (even if you're not interested... lol)

👍

Back