600pp Plus at Watkins Glen

• Thread starter TonyB66
  • 7 comments
United Kingdom
London
FAST-CLAIM
I’m struggling with the 600pp+Plus event at Watkins Glen on SS tyres. Just can’t find the right car/combination for that one.

Anyone got a good suggestion for that one, I’ve tried a few different options but they aren’t quick enough on the SS tyres.

What the hell is that 32 Ford Roadster running? It’s a rocket ship in this race!

What the hell is that 32 Ford Roadster running? It’s a rocket ship in this race!
The Ford is not the competitive AI on that event (at least not that I remember it ever placing top3).

these are basically without changes
Corvette C8 - easy to drive, increased weight
Audi R8 - faster, but more slidy, added a sport brake and pads and wings
F-Type - faster, but again more slidy, added sport brake

then with setup
Alfa 4C - again faster, also easier to drive

TumeK5 has already given really good options for the race already, but if you're feeling adventurous, you can try the Amemiya FD. Fully stock except for +1 rear downforce to fit under 600PP, and Brake Balance +5.

I didn't drive my best, but still had a whole lap to myself in the lead. Such a fun car to wrestle, this.

Just throwing my favourite car into the mix, because Stratos:
1710787038575.png

I believe I used a 997gt3 with some sort of racing tires and a lot of ballast. Definitely remember this one being frustrating.

Any Group 4 or Group B detuned with just ECU, Group 3 can win as well but need to buy the power restrictor to get to 600pp.
Or there's easy mode....

Attachments

• IMG_20240119_083644932.jpg
    IMG_20240119_083644932.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 7
The Ford is not the competitive AI on that event (at least not that I remember it ever placing top3).

these are basically without changes
Corvette C8 - easy to drive, increased weight
Audi R8 - faster, but more slidy, added a sport brake and pads and wings
F-Type - faster, but again more slidy, added sport brake

then with setup
Alfa 4C - again faster, also easier to drive
Thank you very much for the suggestions. The C8 was the car for me, finally got the win.

Back