'60s American Cars (non-racing) Super Lap: Circuito di Roma / Reverse

• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 82 comments
Edit:

1:12.592 for 6th place, with Anniversary GT40

1:12.652 for 9th place with normal GT40

I made only a very few changes to the way the car comes, used same setup on both '66 GT40's.

Needs a better transmission ( I don't shift so really don't bother with trying different numbers) and I right foot Brake so the brake numbers won't work for everyone.

63 68
5.86 7.93
3 3
3 3
3 3
0.0 0.0
-.10 .05
9/16/20

205 max speed
Final Gear 3.550

Brakes 5/1
83.5% power
54kg @ -50
Weight reduction stage 3 and windows
50/105 downforce
I added a wing but dropped it to 105 and will probably remove it if I try any more laps.

Great tune Whoosier, now how about sharing those Nascar numbers? :D

Great tune Whoosier, now how about sharing those Nascar numbers? :D

Thank you, and.....
h2B4D8B18

Using the GT40 15th with my lsd, height, springs, toe, power and weight settings I made 1:15.01.
Used Praiano's tune but minus the 200kg ballast and just did a 1:14.240.
Still gotta try WhoosierGirls tune yet.

After a run on the Apricot Hills TT I thought I'd have another go at this one and see if I could get a better tune on the car.

Improved to 1'12.081 for 12th

The tune uses the @WhoosierGirl tune as a base, but to be fair, there's not a huge amount left of the original tune.

GT40 mk1 '66
Ride 68 68
Spring 5.86 7.93
Bound 3 3
Rebound 4 4
ARB 4 4
Camber 0 0
Toe -0.10 +0.20
Brakes 5 1

Gears (set max speed to min, then set individual gears)
1st 3.848
2nd 2.697
3rd 2.166
4th 1.804
5th 1.506
Final 2.282

LSD 15 25 20

Power 80.2%

Stage 3 & windows weight reduction

Rear wing at 120

Chassis strengthening

Should make 284bhp @ 994kg

Last edited:
Used Stotty's tune (above) on my Anniversary model (not paying out over 2 $mil to get the faster one) and have shaved off another 2 tenths, now on 1:13.958 for pos #388.

Edit.. 1:13.850 ....... #336. Only adjusted the lsd..10 20 18.

edit.. 1:13.662 ....... #259. Good one Stotty.

I should mention there is no wing and no stiffening.

Last edited:
My time with 1:15.358 using Anniversary GT40 but the way I am driving it looks like I be going back to driving school for a while :lol:.

Edit: now 1:14.800

Last edited:
I think your secretly one of those aliens who can pull out amazing times naturally! :) Your time is about 3 seconds quicker than mine! I admit, my DS3 controller seems to be on its way out but certainly nowhere near 3 seconds broken. You are extremely quick!!
Appreciate you're inspiring words man!

I've to make a pause b'coz my ps3 is broken or so. When I turn it on, i see some green, violet colors, but I her the sound. Maybe it's a graphic card dunno. Soooo, no more gran turismo for me till is repaired.

After a run on the Apricot Hills TT I thought I'd have another go at this one and see if I could get a better tune on the car.

The tune uses the @WhoosierGirl tune as a base, but to be fair, there's not a huge amount left of the original tune.

GT40 mk1 '66
Ride 68 68
Spring 5.86 7.93
Bound 3 3
Rebound 4 4
ARB 4 4
Camber 0 0
Toe -0.10 +0.20
Brakes 5 1

1st 3.848
2nd 2.697
3rd 2.166
4th 1.804
5th 1.506
Final 2.282

LSD 15 25 20

Power 80.2%

Rear wing at 120

Chassis strengthening

Thanks for posting your tune 👍

It helped me shave off a few tenths :cheers:

GT40 mk1 '66
Ride 68 68
Spring 5.86 7.93
Bound 3 3
Rebound 4 4
ARB 4 4
Camber 0 0
Toe -0.10 +0.20
Brakes 5 1

1st 3.848
2nd 2.697
3rd 2.166
4th 1.804
5th 1.506
Final 2.282

LSD 15 25 20

Power 80.2%

Rear wing at 120

Chassis strengthening

Wow! What a killer tune! I ran 5-6 laps with your setup, and made it from #232 to #65.

My advice for this challenge:
Brake @ exactly 242kph for the first corner, don't shift down into 2nd (stay in 3rd). Try not to go under 110kph.
Brake early for the small chicane leading to the hairpin, and try to go full throttle as soon as possible.

I made a short video showing my line and the steering inputs, maybe it helps somebody:

The 1.09 update states:

-The dynamics of the car on surfaces with cornerstones and bumps have been improved;
-The effect of the tyre geometry has been changed (mainly for the "Camber Angle" option);
-The handling of some rear heavy cars has been improved;

All of which affect this seasonal!:crazy:

Wow! What a killer tune!

Don't take this wrong way, but do you think I also should place my national flag so that I can see it all the time while I play??? :D

Seriously though, thanks for the video, it's always nice to watch how someone else approaches it 👍

Gonna also try out that that tune as soon as this update is installed...

Kudos to @Stotty for the tune! car feels great (well, as good as it gets on this track anyway)
I dont know if it is the ultimate tune for this car on this track, there might be something somewhere that can be improved upon. But it did get me a 1:11.655 and there is more to get, I think I lost about 2 tenths in the tight chicane.
So yeah, thanks, I dont know how you guys come up with these setup solutions sometimes... I'd never even thought of rear toe-in on this car. I took for granted it wouldn't work, as I want it to slide, but it slides even with the toe-in:P

Anyone happens to have an idea of a good brake point for that hairpin? I usually just hit the brake when i'm able to see that curb on the right. It's not too good though...

ODB
Anyone happens to have an idea of a good brake point for that hairpin? I usually just hit the brake when i'm able to see that curb on the right. It's not too good though...
I do as you do, and it works decent enough, but you need a late turn-in for the fastest time.;)

et_
I do as you do, and it works decent enough, but you need a late turn-in for the fastest time.;)

Ok, at least staying away from that outer curb on the exit saves time and a late turn-in gives you just that 👍

et_
Kudos to @Stotty for the tune! car feels great (well, as good as it gets on this track anyway)
I dont know if it is the ultimate tune for this car on this track, there might be something somewhere that can be improved upon. But it did get me a 1:11.655 and there is more to get, I think I lost about 2 tenths in the tight chicane.
So yeah, thanks, I dont know how you guys come up with these setup solutions sometimes... I'd never even thought of rear toe-in on this car. I took for granted it wouldn't work, as I want it to slide, but it slides even with the toe-in:P

You’re welcome 👍

I like cars that rotate aggressively on turn-in – so the car points at the apex and allows you to get back on the gas as early as possible. The GT40 is mid-engined, and stock, it rotates too much, making the rear hard to control. So you need to use some settings to reduce this and make it more controllable.

There are a few ways to do this – front ballast (as per @WhoosierGirl, tune), +ve rear toe & LSD decal are usually the most effective solutions, but chassis strengthening can also help on some cars.

I don’t find springs/shocks/ARBs to be very effective managing the balance of a car.

I removed the ballast on Whoosiergirls tune, added chassis strengthening, then adjusted the rear toe and LSD decal until I got a balance I liked.

For a car that doesn’t rotate, I’d do the reverse – set LSD decal to minimum and gradually add –ve rear toe or a bit of rear ballast... raising front ride height also works (incorrectly vs real life!).

I’m sure this isn't the ultimate tune – I worked on this for less than an hour, and the 1st 30 mins were spent simply getting to a point where I was running very consistent laps with the car... no point in making set-up changes if you’re not dialled in as you won’t be able to feel the differences.

I'm baaaaaaack. :lol: Haven't put much time into this event at all, a few laps in the very beginning just to get Gold and the paint chip and less than an hour today just testing out camber. My time is 1'13.146 just purely through testing, leaving a load of time out there. Anyways, think I'll waste an hour waiting for the next batch doing the new VW TT. Its good to be back among friends (after a stressful 2 weeks of the Academy) and look forward to resuming the fun. See you guys on the track. :cheers:

I'm baaaaaaack. :lol:

Seems like you have recovered pretty well!! Good to hear!! I mean I didn't even have any particular goal on the event and I still managed to stress quite a lot!!!

It's been actually really relaxing to do some TT's after that 2 week streak.

ODB
Don't take this wrong way, but do you think I also should place my national flag so that I can see it all the time while I play??? :D

Seriously though, thanks for the video, it's always nice to watch how someone else approaches it 👍

Gonna also try out that that tune as soon as this update is installed...

Haha, I have it there since I moved in, I didn't really notice. Didn't want to offend anybody :D.
Thanks for the honest answer regarding the video. I'm nowhere near as good as Tidgney, so I'm always unsure whether to post them or not.
Maybe I should buy a gtplanet flag to put it in the corner of my room? :gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag:

Latest Posts

Back