6th Gen Chevrolet Camaro: 2017 ZL1, Z/28

  • Thread starter Thread starter YSSMAN
  • 1,040 comments
  • 98,017 views
The front overhang is definitely shorter, but the rear seems about the same.
 
Well from that angle:

2014-chevrolet-camaro-zl1-coupe-model-overview-byo-cnt-well-1-661x184-01.png



Who can tell?

:p

Well it looks better just knowing it's lighter. :p
 
I don't mind this angle too much.

2016-chevrolet-camaro-rs-006-1.jpg
Before:

SLYNXHz.jpg


After:

Z5LlSV5.png



I think the center AC vents also control the hot and cold level. What the heck. Well, that's sort of a neat way to consolidate space. What's more interesting is their functional resemblance to bowling alley hand fans. There goes the fat guy image again.
 
Last edited:
Seems shorter than the current gen.
 
Trunk Entry and Space will still be a problem i bet.
 
So much for the "70's style". Looks like a refreshed model. I just hope it's all new where it matters, at least, to get people away from the Mustang.
 
So much for the "70's style". Looks like a refreshed model. I just hope it's all new where it matters, at least, to get people away from the Mustang.
I highly doubt anyone will switch from a Mustang to a Camaro, but this new car my draw in people that haven't owned a muscle car before.

"Muscle car" :p
 
I'm pretty pleased with the interior, personally. Although the vents down low are kind of useless, I like the Audi TT-style controls

1255447934648566562.jpg


One thing I didn't catch, are they throwing the 8-speed all over this car? That'd be an interesting combo with the 2.0T, assuming they've got the tune correct (with GM, that's not always the case). I do dig the return of the vintage logo, and that blue color looks fantastic (same color as my Dad's '68), but we've got a while until we see more. I'll be in Detroit on the 30th for the Grand Prix, here's hoping they've got a few to show off.
 
1. I sooo want this car. Hope the v8 is kind to broke, Camaro-loving college students like myself.
2. Come to think of it, the V6 sounds less terrible than the previous generation:boggled:
3. I cannot wait for this car, and all the racing versions to show up as DLC in GT6 and standard issue in GT7:D:D

EDIT: Hang on, that trunk might be usable for carrying my RC stuff. Plus, those useless back seats as extra space
 
I just noticed something...they stole the hood from the C7. Oh for 🤬's sake GM!
 
I just noticed something...they stole the hood from the C7. Oh for 🤬's sake GM!
They did? I don't see it.

On the other hand, this with the C7 motor will be pretty interesting. Wonder how it will run. Will it have the 7MT as well?
 
The new design reminds me Hyundia Genesis Coupe, which I don't really think is a good thing. Also it looks like they managed to make the visibility worse than the previous design.
When I saw the shot of it from the rear quarter panel, that's what I was going to post. Thought I might be a bit looney, so glad to see I'm not the only one who thought Genesis as well.
 
this new Camaro isn't bad at all. I see this as the '77 F-body. Not in terms of looks. More like it's got a feel of "It ain't the prettiest but, it hauls @##!" Should look sweet in race car trim.
 
The new design reminds me Hyundia Genesis Coupe, which I don't really think is a good thing. Also it looks like they managed to make the visibility worse than the previous design.
As a owner of a 2015 Hyundai Genesis Coupe, I claim lies and slander.

My car isn't fat at all.

Empire%20State%20Gray-U6G-76,74,74-640-en_US.jpg

Camaro-2016-5.jpg
 
Last edited:
Liked the 2010-2012 style, but I can't stop seeing present-day Chevy Malibu and Scion tC quarter-windows in this version...narrow greenhouse still in effect, which makes the proportions a bit off. Derivative styling is pretty much a Chevy hallmark, so I'm not surprised.

(Obligatory see-it-in-person but will-forget-the-thread-by-then comment.)
 
I think it looks just fine. It looks like a Camaro still but a bit slimmer, though the rear is still pretty boring. I haven't seen one in person, obviously, but from pictures I don't think it looks as sleek as the Mustang which looks very sleek in person.
 
It looks like a Camaro-ized ATS. Like a Fiero-arri. But I guess that's kind of the point.
 
The SS is growing on me....the rest look like C7's that got in a wreck and had botched repairs.
 
Back