#7 Interview a GT4 Photomode gallery owner - Interview is up in post 1

• Thread starter Pebb
  • 43 comments
England
Southampton, UK
Pebb--
Pebb
Interview with: Tangled Web

Loon - Where do you draw inspiration from?

I draw my inspiration from many things, including these:

*Top Gear
*Photos on the net
*Photos in magazines

Where most of my inspiration comes from:

GTPlanet

NTX1982 - Why do you like drift so much? And what’s your favourite car to drift?

Good question NTX. I think I have always been interested in getting cars sideways, I can remember doing it all the time in old games like Driver, mainly because of the power sliding in big Muscle cars round the city streets.

In addition, I have been a fan of Rallying for a long time, love seeing the drifting in that. I did not really know about actual drifting until a few years ago when it became better known and when a mate and I started trying to drift in Forza Motorsport.

Then I went searching for drift settings for GT4 and that is how I found GTPlanet. Therefore, it is thanks to drifting that I found this great site.

Favourite car to drift in GT4 would have to be the S2000.

franz - Which racing game you first played? And which one is your favourite?

Hmmm, that is a tough one. I remember playing an old F1 game when I was very young and good old Excite Bikes. :D

When I got fully into racing games

I really got into racing games with the Need for Speed series.

Favourite of the Need for Speed series

I enjoyed the earlier games like Hot Pursuit and High Stakes, but I also liked the Underground series too, mainly because it had drifting. :D

When Gran Turismo came out though, it was so different from anything I had played before with so many different types of car and all the tuning options. I cannot really say what the first racing game I played was, because I started playing racing games when I was very young, but overall I think Gran Turismo would be the first proper racing game I played.

Revealing what my favourite racing game is

My favourite is a tough question. However if I had to pick one right now it would have to be Forza Motorsport 2.

Reason why this is my favourite

I really like Forza Motorsport 2, since it is fun for stuff like drifting and so on. Other then Forza Motorsport 2, I also like PGR3 (Looking to get PGR4 soon).

Moving back to GT4

GT4 would be right up there though, definitely, the most time I have spent playing a racing game would go to GT4. :)

alexwrc - Why did you start to use the GT4 photomode and what do you expect from the next gen one?

I played around with the photomode a little bit, when I first got the game, but while first starting out, I never did anything serious. Like just taking a few snaps of my favourite cars, but when I started looking at the galleries on GTPlanet I started to get into it even more.

Talking about the current generation of consoles, like the PS3

What I expect from this current generation is not much really. However, one thing I want to see in the Gran Turismo 5 after playing PGR3 and Forza Motorsport 2 is allowing me to move my camera in the photomode to pretty much anywhere.

Beerzgood - Is it raining there, bro? You have developed a very distinct and personal style on your 2.0 shots (which I personally love). Which member or members have influenced it the most, and in which way?

Ha-ha, well not at this moment in time, but it is actually hot in fact.

Here is who influenced me the most

There is one member that comes to mind, and that is Cod_Father. – Reason: I think I got a lot of my style from him, because of the way he used vignetting and low Saturation, which I use most of the time now.

Other then Cod_Father, alexwrc also influenced me in the way I used Blurs, mainly because I started doing only half opacity blurs and not blurring the whole background, which I think makes it edited photomode shots look much better and more realistic.

Final thoughts related to this question

alexwrc is not the only other person who influenced me, because there are many other members like Bram Turismo, franz and Moglet who influenced me on the cleaning part of edited shots.

Because before I got round to seeing there shots, I did not bother much with cleaning at the start. However when I ever do a shot now, I always try my best to clean up my shots, while trying to get rid of the following:

*Bad Textures
*Jagged Lines
*Other type of jagged things

speedster502 - What’s your favourite tool in photoshop and why?

Hmmm, I am not sure I could say that there is one favourite tool. I do enjoy using Gradient Maps a lot and I love the masking feature, which I always use, but I do not know if they are the sort of tools, you are referring too.

Some of my favourite tools

*The selection tool – This tool is handy
*Burn & Dodge tool – This tools can totally change the look of image if used in the right way.
*Smudge – I use this tool a lot

Favourite tool

If I had to say one tool, it would have to be the selection tool, mainly because you can do some much with it and I always use it in my shots.

jgda9rs - What made you get into the GT4 photomode scene ? And have you ever applied any of the photography you do in the game in real life?

I loved what I was seeing from all the galleries and competitions and wanted to give it a go. I have done a bit of Photography in real life, really enjoyed it. Mainly because I studied it in High School, which was fun, and because of this, it feels more different to GT4.

About real life photography

After playing with GT4's photomode for so long, I would love to give real car photography a go.

SlipZtrEm - You are one of a handful of members who have been around the photo mode forums for a long time. What would your advice be to newer members becoming positive contributors in regards to the community?

Here is a list of what I reckon people should do:

*Get involved
*Post in other peoples galleries
*Help other members whenever you can
*Join in with the competitions
*Be friendly and respectful to the others, which will lead to them being respectful to you *alexwrc adds he reckons they will*

Final thoughts related to this question

It seems to have been rather empty in the photomode forum of late, mainly because I guess GT4 is getting old though. However, this will not stop me sticking with it for a while. *alexwrc mentions he will have a new update soon.*

Bonus Questions

Bonus questions

Mac or PC?

PC but would love to get myself a Mac.

What Photo Editing program do you use mainly or do you not use on?

Phtotoshop 7

What's you're Favourite type of automotive engine? I am a fan of Ferrari's V8.

What's you're Favourite 10 Photomode people?

Cod_Father
alexwrc
franz
Moglet
Beerzgood
sejtur
SlipZtrEm
NTX1982
jgda9rs
TVR&FF

I am sure there is more, but the reason I added those 10 to my list, was that they are the ones that came to my mind.

*Tangled Web also mentions about also liking Alpha’s shots.*

Favourite 5 all time Car models?

AC Cobra
Ferrari 575M Maranello
Honda S2000
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Dodge Charger

When GT5 comes out, what will you be mainly working on for the first year of GT5, either GT4 or GT5 for Photomode?

Well I would love to be working on GT5 I guess. Not sure if I will have a PS3 though, if I do not then I might still be taking shots in GT4. Just have to wait and see.

Who out of these 2 people would you like to do a Photomode gallery – Ken Kutaragi or Kazunori Yamauchi?

Have to go with Kazunori Yamauchi.

If you could improve GT4 Photomode, what would you do in the game, and how do you hope GT5 will take the Photomode to the next stage?

I think having more freedom with camera angles would be best and I am hoping that will be the case in GT5.

I'd say Tangled Web, jgda9rs, or speedster502 for #7 interview.

Hmm, thanks for that mention Alex, I do believe that's a first :cheers:

My suggestions lean more towards the vets. ALPHA's consistently been ahead of the curve, setting trends as opposed to following them, and sejtur has shown such a huge growth from beginning of gallery to now. That same comment would apply to Tangled Web too. Two more who have always worked very well within the comps are Jacoja and Brock 👍

I'm honoured people think I should be interviewd although I think after me talking to TVR&FF on MSN already, he probably thinks I'm a bit weird :lol:

I suggest....TW, Beerz and Jacoja

Hey, I'm mentioned quite a few times here!

Thanks for wanting to see me interviewed, guys! 👍

Wow, thanks to everyone that suggested me. I really appreciate it. :)

I think anyone out of the many people that have been suggested would be great for the next interview.
I am too lazy to write names, you know who you are. :sly:

I'm honoured people think I should be interviewd although I think after me talking to TVR&FF on MSN already, he probably thinks I'm a bit weird :lol:

I suggest....TW, Beerz and Jacoja
Your not weird at all speedster, I have seen weirder people in my life.

Tangled Web will be the next in-line for an interview.

----

Question Spots to be taken: 8

Deadline for Questions: 11th November

Why U like drift so much TW?? And whats your fav car to drift??

Hope its ok TVR, because the second question is connected to the 1st...

Woah, almost missed this.

My question for TW is:

Is it raining there, bro?

And my real question for TW is:

You have developed a very distinct and personal style on your 2.0 shots (which I personally love). Which member or members have influenced it the most, and in which way?

Back