• 61 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
700PP Racing Car Super Lap: Eifel

TT#50 - 700PP Racing Car Super Lap @ Eifel.png
^^Click on the image above to go to the online leader board for this event^^
[TT#50] - 700PP Racing Car Super Lap @ Eifel.jpg

Tunes: Please add the cars full name as the header of [above] your posted/linked tunes, and also the tuners full GTP name if it is not your own tune [exactly as it looks here]. If you do not, they will not be put in this list.

Chaparral 2X VGT '25 by dddsprayshop

Chaparral 2X VGT '25 by Brewguy44

Pescarolo C60 Hybrid - Judd '05 by Denezin

Please post links for applicable tunes if they are located in the tuning database, tuning forum or elsewhere in the seasonal forum.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Got a good one in. Will post tune in the next day for those that want it. This was really fun. Did it in the judd.

WOW, at first i was scared about this one to try the chaparral, tried it anyway.
The only thing i concentraded on was the corner before the long straigt towards te start/finish line.
I wanted to get this corner without braking to save time and i could :nervous::D.
I'm avarage so i'm happy with my 0:52,415, looks like lots of people don't like this one.
I'm at rank 269(edit: not anymore, dropping while typing;)) , and that doesn't happen that often :bowdown:.
I used this with Race Soft, but works with Race Hard tires.
_Chaparral2XVisionGranTurismo'25_Racecar_by_DDDsprayshop_279.jpg

Damn this one was hard for me. Tried the toaster for 10 laps, couldn't beat a 56, switched to the Mazda LM and ran a 54 in 2 laps. Then checked the leaderboard to see what everyone was using. Tried the Chevy for a few laps, hate that car, left it at 54. Done.

The only thing i concentraded on was the corner before the long straigt towards te start/finish line.
I wanted to get this corner without braking to save time and i could :nervous::D.
I'm avarage so i'm happy with my 0:52,415,
View attachment 529758

This must be easy without breaking. Train a bit with the start and its easy. I brake never there. Good luck!

WOW, at first i was scared about this one to try the chaparral, tried it anyway.
I'm avarage so i'm happy with my 0:52,415, looks like lots of people don't like this one.
I'm at rank 269(edit: not anymore, dropping while typing;)) , and that doesn't happen that often :bowdown:.
View attachment 529758

How did you get out that much bhp? Mines running 452 :embarrassed:

How did you get out that much bhp? Mines running 452 :embarrassed:
You mean how to get the Chapparal down to 700pp? Turn the horsepower down all the way, then go to "body" and add ballast weight until the PP drops to 700. Adding weight and turning down horsepower makes the car much more driveable. I got a 54 in only a few laps, it was just a matter of me stopping the mistakes and getting a clean lap in.

You mean how to get the Chapparal down to 700pp? Turn the horsepower down all the way, then go to "body" and add ballast weight until the PP drops to 700. Adding weight and turning down horsepower makes the car much more driveable. I got a 54 in only a few laps, it was just a matter of me stopping the mistakes and getting a clean lap in.

No, cheers, I got that its just the setup posted earlier had 459 bhp vs my 452 bhp and I was curious as to how. Might just be reading too much into a typo though/

Stupid event.

That is all.
Do not use the 2X and see how many of your friends you can shame! :lol:

I am currently 268th in the world, only 2 cars ahead of me are not using the 2X. Toyota Minolta 88C-V 1989. Using a twitchy random guess tune with TCS 2. It worked well for me at the last high PP time trial around Apricot Hill, too.

Going to try the Peugeot 905B next. The very light weight could be a good advantage here. I normally struggle to find traction with it.

Pecarolo C60 Hybride should be a fair bit faster than both of these. Might be able to reduce rear downforce to help high speed rotation, as it has mega traction mechanically.

EDIT: Improved from 51.166s with the 88C-V to a very pleasing 50.719s with the 905B! It's a Praiano tune which I've crudely hit with a hammer until the car gets as twitchy as the 88C-V was. Somehow I improved the traction along the way.

Lots of 10% braking while turning, early turn-in, greedy apex cuts and accurate gear shifts needed for both Group C cars I've tried. Throttle tickling and a super tight exit line was a huge gain through the the Mickey Mouse sequence before the end. I give up a lot of mid-corner speed in the final turn in order to get a faster exit.

EDIT2: Reached my limit at 50.633s with 905B, 205th in world and highest placed driver not using the 2X!

Have seen myself 0.25s up at the first split and 0.358s up at 2nd split. But I cannot match my performance in the tight right and long flowing right to end that 50.633s lap.

Very happy with this. Will give it a rest now. Please, please try LMP cars, especially lightweight Group C. They are a blast around here!

Last edited:
No, cheers, I got that its just the setup posted earlier had 459 bhp vs my 452 bhp and I was curious as to how. Might just be reading too much into a typo though/
Not a typo. Check my youtube and watch my run. In the video i go into settings. Proof is there

Last edited:
Gold with the 2X. Controller is acting up and car is randomly twitching to the left. Going to lay off the game till I get a new one.:ouch:

Back