706KB and Growing . . .

  • Thread starter Thread starter XxOnLySBz4mExX
  • 56 comments
  • 3,922 views
Messages
1,477
United States
New York, U.S.A
Messages
XxOnLySBz4mExX
I noticed that my save data, in the saved data utility, is now 706KB. I see that each time that I go through the "duping process" my save data file increases by 1KB.

Has anyone else noticed their save data file getting larger? If so how large is your save data currently?

Thanks in advance. :)

Edit: Since many people are starting to get off topic, if you want to discuss how you think duping ruined "The Marketplace" please do so here . . .
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=147398
 
Last edited:
1032KB. I have 550 cars and 20mil Cr.
 
It should be 0KB, and come with a ban-able offense.
 
:lol:, I wonder if its a way that PD keeps track of how many times someone dupes cars.

If that's the case:
simpson_ha_ha_architect_job_architecture_salary.jpg
 
Does the fact that people want to play the game to have fun THEIR way annoy you?

Yeah, it kind of does when it makes the whole trading system pointless for legitimate players. You guys are just exploiters who came to this game, ruining the intended experience. Not to mention it seems the ones who cheat are also the really RUDE ones. To answer your question frankly, ill still be playing this game when your bored of it six months from now.
 
Yeah, it kind of does when it makes the whole trading system pointless for legitimate players. You guys are just exploiters who came to this game, ruining the intended experience. Not to mention it seems the ones who cheat are also the really RUDE ones. To answer your question frankly, ill still be playing this game when your bored of it six months from now.

It's not even a trading system, it's a GIFTING system.
 
Is grinding the "intended experience"? For me No.

Exactly, if we could win all these expensive cars instead of winning crap, then I wouldn't dupe because I wouldn't need to.
Duping may in fact make you a better player because you will use your time for other things instead of driving in a circle.
 
Does the fact that people want to play the game to have fun THEIR way annoy you?

Well I'll say it

It's not annoying, it's comical that people are so 🤬 at GT5 that they have to cheat to progress through the game.

You guys are just chewing away at your own credibility.
 
Well I'll say it

It's not annoying, it's comical that people are so 🤬 at GT5 that they have to cheat to progress through the game.

You guys are just chewing away at your own credibility.

So because other people can grind more in a circle, that makes them better players?
 
That poor dead horse!
 
So because other people can grind more in a circle, that makes them better players?

Who says you have to grind around in a circle, why not just do events with different cars, therefore enjoying the different cars implemented in the game. Plus this game was made to last years, not merely a couple of months as some people dupe themselves to have all the cars in the game. But then each to their own
 
to the OP:
yes my file is growing also but not just 1kb per time. I think it is quite more!

to all other non-cheaters:
I am at level 35 B-spec and just finished the first 24 hours leman event. My Bobs with the X1 won by 160 laps from the 2nd guy.
Guess what?? I can't count how many times more I need to do this to reach 40 level and do the 24hr Nurbugring and "live the experience" that some retards at PD designed in one afternoon. Now think this wonderful experience of mindless grinding in A-Spec...

As much as the game is awesome in terms of car details, handling and physics, all A+B spec events are seriously flawed and the leveling up system plainly STUPID.
 
Who says you have to grind around in a circle, why not just do events with different cars, therefore enjoying the different cars implemented in the game. Plus this game was made to last years, not merely a couple of months as some people dupe themselves to have all the cars in the game. But then each to their own

Why would you want to be stuck grinding different events where the AI are ridiculously slow?
Testing cars at the Nurburgring could be done, but if you don't dupe, it'll take forever to accumulate loads of expensive cars.
 
So because other people can grind more in a circle, that makes them better players?

You're talking about indy? I wouldn't know. I bought cars legitimately and 'grinded' the ring, deep forest, rome and a bunch of other tracks while tuning the suspension to perfection - for fun. I got to level 30 and went straight to level 34 with 3 earned X1's from golding the RBR event.

So yes, I am better than you if you had to get duped cars gifted to you. I beat all of A SPEC bar the endurance races legitimately without cheating. You couldn't do it...
 
Tell me about it Bluez_Freak. My Bobs are driving the 24 hours Le Mans for the last time tonight after many days of grinding there. By around 9PM Sunday night I will FINALLY be at level 40 (B-spec) only to then do the 24 hour Nurburgring race. I will continue to have fun in some A-Spec races, but have NO desire to go through all the endurance races myself.

I hope PD comes out with some new goodies soon or I'm going to get bored pretty quick.

Btw, I only have a file size of about 655KB. I only have around 130 cars but they are the ones I really want most.
 
Day 1480 and over 700 cars. File size is 1766Kb!
 
to the OP:
yes my file is growing also but not just 1kb per time. I think it is quite more!

to all other non-cheaters:
I am at level 35 B-spec and just finished the first 24 hours leman event. My Bobs with the X1 won by 160 laps from the 2nd guy.
Guess what?? I can't count how many times more I need to do this to reach 40 level and do the 24hr Nurbugring and "live the experience" that some retards at PD designed in one afternoon. Now think this wonderful experience of mindless grinding in A-Spec...

As much as the game is awesome in terms of car details, handling and physics, all A+B spec events are seriously flawed and the leveling up system plainly STUPID.
Yeah, I agree the system is stupid. We lost something like 9/10 of the races from GT4. Plus I miss playing rally stages in ASpec in GT4 for most of my money. We are forced to play THEIR way, no doubt about it, I agree. That doesnt mean we should cheat at the game though. Their attempt at "seasonal events" is a cheap way of trying to satisfy the lack of events. Good try, but no banana.
 
Tell me about it Bluez_Freak. My Bobs are driving the 24 hours Le Mans for the last time tonight after many days of grinding there. By around 9PM Sunday night I will FINALLY be at level 40 (B-spec) only to then do the 24 hour Nurburgring race. I will continue to have fun in some A-Spec races, but have NO desire to go through all the endurance races myself.

I hope PD comes out with some new goodies soon or I'm going to get bored pretty quick.

Btw, I only have a file size of about 655KB. I only have around 130 cars but they are the ones I really want most.

How many 24hrs did you need to grind the leman to reach 40?? I just did it once and thought it's too much and my PS3 should get some sleep!!!

Why is it so difficult for PD to accept their errors and correct the XP levels in A+B spec with a patch to make this game enjoyable??
 
Does your save data increase by 1KB each time you duplicate a car?

No. It goes up as you acquire cars, not because you duped one. If you simply bought several cars legitimately your file size will still increase.
 
You're talking about indy? I wouldn't know. I bought cars legitimately and 'grinded' the ring, deep forest, rome and a bunch of other tracks while tuning the suspension to perfection - for fun. I got to level 30 and went straight to level 34 with 3 earned X1's from golding the RBR event.

So yes, I am better than you if you had to get duped cars gifted to you. I beat all of A SPEC bar the endurance races legitimately without cheating. You couldn't do it...

Yeah, Dream Car Championship Indy.
I also EARNED the X1, and was also duped two other colours to me, and another guy who gave me a Carbon X1 for a horn.
I just need to Gold the last three enduros in A-Spec and the Eiger Norwand Challenge Gran Tour.
Why the heck would I need to cheat to win A-Spec races? The AI are slow and offer no challenge anyways.
I'm thinking of doing the Formula Gran Turismo on Comfort Hards to make it more challenging, after I finish Tsukuba 9 hours today...
So how did I cheat in A-Spec races?
And what makes you better than me?
 
No. It goes up as you acquire cars, not because you duped one. If you simply bought several cars legitimately your file size will still increase.

^this
Why would anyone think otherwise!?
This is a very normal system. The more the playstation needs to store in a saved game file, the bigger the file gets.

btw, the discussion about duping is getting old and a bit childish.
 
Yeah, it kind of does when it makes the whole trading system pointless for legitimate players. You guys are just exploiters who came to this game, ruining the intended experience. Not to mention it seems the ones who cheat are also the really RUDE ones. To answer your question frankly, ill still be playing this game when your bored of it six months from now.

dawson_crying.gif
 
Back