720 vs 1080P

• Thread starter zodicus
  • 36 comments
Yea OP, I got as well blown away by 1080p. :D

But not by GT5. The PS3 has sadly not enough power for real 1080p ingame, it gives out only a upscaled 720p signal. Sucks, but at least it's a great Bluray player. For real 1080p gaming we have to wait for the PS4. For best gaming experience set your PS3 to 1080p, connected to your display with a HDMI cable, turn your display to direct mode/gaming mode & set the overscan to zero. 👍

Btw. if you have a good display then get some reference discs like Baraka, The Dark Knight (both filmed with 8k UltraDigital HD cams) or one of the limited Pioneer Kuro Experience discs. I guarantee, they'll all blow you away. That's the best what you can get at home before they comming up with their new 2k, 4k, 8k displays & players. :dopey:

Btw. here you can find more infos & trailers: http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/ 👍

BWX
Welcome to very large credit card bill, or wait till 2015.

I knew it wasn't 1080p before upscale, but isn't it higher resolution that 720p before upscale?

It's actually 1280 by 1080. That makes it two thirds of the real 1080p. Not bad, really.

One of the biggest influences on resolution is how far away from the TV you sit...I have a 40 inch Sony Bravia 1080p LCD in my living room and a 50 inch Panasonic 720p plasma in mat game room. I went 720p for the plasma because I just couldn't pass up the deal I got on it (less than $400 3 years ago) but it was a great buy. I can tell a difference between the two but at the same time I wanted to make sure I had plasma in my game room as it is my mancave for video games and sports (i.e. the refresh rate for faster moving images is better).

To each his own but if you are 5 to 6 feet away from the screen like I am, only videophiles would notice that much of a difference in my opinion.

went from a 32" 1080p LCD to a 50" 1080p plasma and was blown away, it felt so big but I am used to it now haha, best of all it has usb playback so no more cinavia for me!!

Latest Posts

Back