8+ gears in GT4

Brazil
Brazil
So, I've been hybriding in GT2 and GT4 for a while now, using one simple rule: changing transmission gears to make the car more "efficient" (as in getting as close to the max power for the most amount of time), but in reality I'm just swaping gears as close to another car. Also, it's one setup for all tracks, Test Course included.

In GT2, I'm getting all cars 7 gears, adjusting every gear to the values of GT5's X2010 (except reverse gear, since they don't show that in the game. If someone knows, please let me know) and adjusting final gear so that the car's max speed is reached at the last gear at Test Course (they almost never use it outside of this track).

In GT4, as of now, all cars in the garage have 8 gears, courtesy of Nike One 2022. All 3 setups have different... Well, setups. 1st setup uses Mercedes's W08 F1 car from GT Sport. 2nd setup uses Porsche's Panamera Turbo S. 3rd setup uses Mercedes's (FRICKIN') Unimog, with a whopping 13x ratio spread (for the Model T, 500's and 360's). I use them all at once so I don't need to change all code everytime I swap cars. Same rules from GT2 applies here as well, except for setup 2, reaching max speed at 6th gear (same as the Panamera, with added nitrous in case 1st setup isn't enough).

As I made those hybrids, I realized there's a gap between 8th gear and final ratio, which could fit 3 more gears if possible (and yes, I have plans to use almost all of them).

Is there a way to look into the game's code to see if any car uses this part of the code? Which transmission let me use them?

Last edited:
None. 8 gears is the max, used by the Nike and the Skyline 350 GT-8,and that's it as far as i'm aware.
GT4 doesn't even fully support 8 gears at all, and won't let you set 8th on the Skyline legitimately.

None. 8 gears is the max, used by the Nike and the Skyline 350 GT-8,and that's it as far as i'm aware.
GT4 doesn't even fully support 8 gears at all, and won't let you set 8th on the Skyline legitimately.

Those are known cars, but I'm thinking like GT2's 7-speed transmission, where even if there is a car who has that trans, there a code for that too that is not in any vehicle (0669 also unlocks 7 gears, but they break the game if you ever look into the right screen of settings).

Is there a way to look into the game's code to search for it?

The 7-speed in GT2 is from the two Subaru Pleos - they're the only parts that are set to have 7 ratios, in the same way that the two mentioned above are the only cars with parts set to have 8 ratios in GT4. You would need to be editing the physics / part data on the disc to change the number of ratios in a transmission, and that's not yet possible for GT4.

Back