80 License Golds - Join the club!

• Thread starter CFM
  • 605 comments

CFM

This thread has now been revised to discuss the trials, tribulations, and elations of attempting 80 gold. Feel free to post whatever you like about licenses tests or ask others for help if you're stuck. If you get all 80, post here and let us know, and include your version and controller type.đź‘Ť​

GTP's GT4 80 Gold License Members:
CFM (NTSC/NA, DFP)
jbrennen (NTSC/NA, DS/2)
Famine (NTSC/J, DS/2)
12ound (NTSC/NA, DS/2)
dori-san (NTSC/NA, DFP)
Small_Fryz (PAL, DS/2)
schnappi (PAL)
GTChamp2003 (PAL, DS/2)
holl01 (PAL, DS/2)
McLaren F1GTR (NTSC/NA, DFP)
vipersan (PAL, DFP)
Kamikazekoala (PAL, DS/2)
TVR&Ferrari_Fan (PAL)
nismo521 (NTSC/NA, DS/2)
durden (NTSC/NA, DS/2)
londor (PAL, DS/2 & DFP)
nugen (NTSC/NA, DS/2 & DFP)
zorrof1 (NTSC/NA, DFP)
DRT2RM (NTSC/J, DS/2)
Lyle Beach (NTSC/NA, DS/2)
ROAD_DOGG33J (NTSC/NA, DS/2)
3S (PAL, DFP)
Jacks (PAL, DFP)
Z. (NTSC/NA, DS/2)
carmaster22 (NTSC/NA, DS/2)
F310B (PAL, DS/2)
not_the_first (PAL, DS/2)
aznimport (NTSC/NA, DFP & DS/2)
Chrasher
SuperCobraJet (NTSC/NA, DS/2)
Tulikettu (PAL, DFP)
Madd>>DK<< (PAL, DS/2)
Smallhorses (NTSC/NA, DF)
BMW_M3_GTR
04Nissan350Z (NTSC/NA, DS/2)
Chris Criswell (NTSC/NA, DS/2)
Flerbizky (PAL, DFP)
bp42069 (NTSC/NA)
mipuumal (PAL, DFP & DS/2)
Lethalchem (NTSC/NA, DS/2)
JonPurpleHaze (NTSC/NA, DS/2)
Randymcchickenf (PAL, DS/2)
jump_ace (NTSC/NA)
sumbodycool (NTSC/NA, DS/2)
ALPHA (PAL, DS/2)
Touring Mars (PAL)
Tanhu
eggman (NTSC/NA, DFP)
sheron (PAL, DS/2)
bigjoe (NTSC/NA, DF)
da Silva (NTSC/NA, DS/2)
Studentdriver
foghorn_100 (PAL)
AlfaAlfa
Gentry Coach (NTSC/NA)
TeamWilliamsF1 (NTSC/NA)
Zdriver
deadboy1975
Group C Fanatic (PAL, DS/2)
rsmithdrift (NTSC/NA, DFP)
paulturismo (PAL, DS/2)
nige (PAL, DS/2)
ANK (PAL, DS/2)
Uncle Harry (PAL, DS/2)
gt_masta (NTSC/NA, DS/2)
Fizio (PAL, DFP)
GT4freak32492 (NTSC/NA, DS/2)
Moloch_horridus (PAL, DFP)
ennur (NTSC/NA, DS/2)
Davido (PAL, DS/2)
Alfaholic (PAL, DF)
Greycap (PAL, DS/2)
I_H8_GWB (PAL, PS1)
Radikal (NTSC/NA, DFP)
Gustafa (NTSC/NA, DS/2)
black 98
Mick777 (PAL)
VIPERGTSR01 (PAL, DFP)
TigJackson (NTSC/NA, DFP)
Solid Lifters (NTSC/NA, DS/2)
ManiacUT (NTSC/NA, DS/2)
omni (PAL, DS/2)
Team666 (PAL, DFP)
GTXDriver (PAL)
nissan man (PAL, DS/2)
Jumborat (PAL, DS/2)
Mr. Slow (PAL)
Gt3 Freak710 (NTSC/NA, DS/2)
Bad1 (PAL, DS/2)
Appie17 (PAL, DS/2)
Holden Monaro (PAL, DS2)
Sleek Stratos (NTSC, DS2)
Licence Test (PAL, DS2)
darkfinal (PAL, DFP)
Nuvolari (NTSC, DFP)
Dodge_Barger (PAL, DS2)
Ravenmaven (NTSC, DS2)
atomik (PAL, DS2)
olofrogmorton (NTSC, DS2)
MrC (unknown)
Ermac26 (NTSC, DS2)
the Interceptor (PAL, DS2)
Integrafan (unknown)
Hapul (PAL, DS2)
Rockhound18 (unknown)
Go_Baby_Go (NTSC, DS2)
Minimax (NTSC, DS2)
ferrari_chris (PAL, DS2)
6668tp (NTSC, DS2)
Brock5000 (unknown)
AdamW (NTSC, DF)
a112 (PAL, DS2)
viperin (PAL, DS2)
j8mie (PAL, DFP)
Raptor13x (NTSC, DS2)
Dude? (NTSC, DS2)
Ăźen (PAL, DS2)
WonkyFonk (PAL, DS2)
Danzan (unknown)
I-Runner (PAL, DS2)
89 LX (NTSC, DS2)
Sprite (PAL, DS2/DFP)
Pink_the_Floyd (PAL, DS2)
djblackmon (unknown)
Flame74 (unknown)
mouser (NTSC, DS2)
bgFish (NTSC, DS2)
MICHAELSCHUMACH (unknown)
wipplewits (NTSC, DFP)
fitnessguru (NTSC, DS2)
Ev0 4 drifter (PAL, DS2)
GM (PAL, DS2)
DeviLSh (unknown)
Mezar5 (unknown)
2078TM (NTSC, DFP)
Depo (PAL, DS2)
RVDNuT374 (NTSC, DS2)
JTSnooks (NTSC, DS2)
Kent (NTSC, DS2)
SirBerra (unknown)
KidA (unknown)
Car-less (PAL, DS2)
HoffY (PAL, DS2)
eg6_dude (NTSC, DS2)
lthiele (PAL, DS2)
dking (NTSC, DFP)
derowo (PAL, DS2/DFP)
mrnoname (PAL, DS2)
GT_Jim (PAL, DS2)
Serge.D (PAL, DS2)
kikie (PAL, DFP)
iwhbyd (unknown)
Dragonistic (PAL, DS2)
Stevisiov90 (unknown)
Synp (NTSC, DFP)
Viper_Maniac (unknown)
MRTeam (NTSC, DS2)
AngelCreator (NTSC, DFP)
Kurei (NTSC, DFP)
Fruitcake (PAL, DS2)
spinner (PAL, DS2)
Sharky. (PAL, DS2)
Juli@n (unknown)
Han_the_Dragon (PAL, DS2)
jaimzthedrummer (PAL)
Open Addict (PAL, DS2)
alhajoth (PAL, DS2)
Renisis Power (NTSC, G25)
EA11R (NTSC, DS2)
viperin (PAL, DS2/DFP)
Sureshot (PAL, DS2)
Austin343 (NTSC/NA, DS2)
pickie825491 (NTSC, DS2)
RoadHazzard (NTSC, DS2)
GTP_ENERGIYA (PAL, DS2)
vk1968 (NTSC, DFP)
EJRocky (PAL, DFP)
Codename L (NTSC, DS2)
Toshi (NTSC, DF)
MadMax86 (PAL, DS2)
tizocspeed8 (PAL, DS2)
blackblade (unknown)
Finnish Bomber (PAL, DS2)
mafia_boy (PAL, DS2)
sukerkin (PAL, DS2)
luvtadrive (NTSC, DS2/DFEX)
mcsqueegy (PAL, DS2)
Kingofweasles (NTSC, DS2)
cpp214 (NTSC, DS2)
Seismica (PAL, DS2)
nemesis01 (PAL/NTSC, unknown)
seanyb505 (NTSC, DS2)
Jetboy. (NTSC, DS1)
GTsail290 (NTSC, unknown)
lordferius (unknown)
FishforRent (NTSC, G27)
g0ld (PAL, DS2)

Apemax (PAL, DS2)
shotmagee (?,?)
TNA996 (NTSC, DS2)
Dan360 (PAL, DS2)
Bri-Y (NTSC, G25)
InvicibleM5 (NTSC, DS2)

Here's the S-License gold prize car,now go get it!

Last edited by a moderator:
completing the B license does not even count for .1% completion of the game! Scaring me on how far and long completing GT4 will take :nervous:

MeM
did you option to take the money 100,000? but not licenses or both

I took the money, but not the licenses. I want to get more than one car to start with, and I don't want to put any miles on my prize cars yet.

I just Finished golding all 16 IB licences. They were starting to get tougher near the end, but still fairly easy. I made sure that all my runs have no wall contact also, because on a few you can "cheat" a bit by hitting the walls and get gold rather easily, especially the rally tests. Also golded the first 3 Coffee Breaks, They're kinda fun. I've probably got about 16 hours of licence test time so far to get 48 golds, so I'm averaging about 20 - 25 minutes a piece so far. The IA tests look a bit harder, and S-licence should take a good while to gold since they are all full lap tests.:crazy: 32 to go and 2 coffee breaks!:)

Be sure to let us know if the prize cars are any different from the Japanese version. :)

I haven't been in GT Mode that long, so I've only got my piddly bronze B license. :( ;)

Jedi2016
Be sure to let us know if the prize cars are any different from the Japanese version. :)

I haven't been in GT Mode that long, so I've only got my piddly bronze B license. :( ;)

So far they've all been the same. The R34 skyline you get for golding A License looks sweet, as does the Jensen Interceptor. (400 HP, 500 Ft/lbs Tq:eek:)

MeM
Whats this cofee break thing?

Each license has 16 tests. After the eighth test, you do a "coffee break". They are like gymkhana excersises, like driving through a maze of cones, or knocking over cones in a certain amount of time. They emphisize precision car control, similar to autocross or something. The coffee breaks are just run in a big parking lot with the cones arranged as needed for the test. Lots of tight turning, you can really use the 900 degrees on the 2nd and 3rd ones! I don't know if I'm explaining it right or not, hopefully you get the idea.

On a side note, does anyone know if completing the 5 coffee breaks unlocks anything special or gives you a prize car? They don't count toward your licenses as far as I could tell...

i have gotten gold on A and B license along with the first two coffee breaks and just got started on the IB license. CFM, may i ask how what path you too through the cones for the first coffee break, just wondering to see if we might have taken the same one.

angelx
i have gotten gold on A and B license along with the first two coffee breaks and just got started on the IB license. CFM, may i ask how what path you too through the cones for the first coffee break, just wondering to see if we might have taken the same one.

The path I took was kind of a curving arc along the right side of the cone field, with the apex being sorta close to the right wall. I tried going up the middle, but it wasn't gonna happen.:dopey: The hardest part was getting the launch right for me.

Wait till you try coffee break 3, its the same as 2 but in reverse, driving a TVR Griffith. That one was cool.đź‘Ť

I'm working on IA5 right now...be back after I finish as many IA's as I can tonight. These are tougher to gold for sure.:)

poor me, PAL are even harder.

With all liscenses golded you will have some brillaint cars to start the game with.

where is a gt4 prize car list??

Small_Fryz
poor me, PAL are even harder.

With all liscenses golded you will have some brillaint cars to start the game with.

where is a gt4 prize car list??
Did you ever think to look in the "Look Here Before You Ask" thread at the top of the GT4 forum? It even says that there are prize lists inside. I would have expected that from a newbie.

I just golded IA-1 through IA-8, and had a run at Coffee Break #4. OMG this one was hard as hell...I was working on it for over an hour straight! If you are using the DFP, you better have it bolted down to a slab of granite because you are turning over a full roation in some of the tight sections, and you have to do it fast and smooth.:scared: Forget about using the shift paddles on a few of the turns, you're all crossed up.:crazy: It's like a full on autocross run.đź‘Ť Finally squeaked under the gold by .069 and I'm worn out and covered in sweat.:D :lol: After a break for some food, I'm going back in too try out the last 8 IA licenses.:cool:

Small_Fryz
Would it be better to use the ds2, just for that test then?

No way man, that's why it's fun.:sly:
Golded all of IA now, except for IA-16, which I have a bronze on. I'm too tired, and have to go to bed, especially after the 'ring lap for IA-15.:crazy:

Jebus. Good job, man.. I havent been working much on licenses, but i've gotten all silver (plus about 5 gold) on both licenses B and A. I've not attempted IB, IA, or S licenses yet. Though i want to get IB so i can try that Mission Hall thing.

Also, the Buick GNX is a GREAT car!

CFM
The path I took was kind of a curving arc along the right side of the cone field, with the apex being sorta close to the right wall. I tried going up the middle, but it wasn't gonna happen.:dopey: The hardest part was getting the launch right for me.

Wait till you try coffee break 3, its the same as 2 but in reverse, driving a TVR Griffith. That one was cool.đź‘Ť

I'm working on IA5 right now...be back after I finish as many IA's as I can tonight. These are tougher to gold for sure.:)

the path i took was the one right next to the wall, there was enough space in between the cones and the wall to fit. i came very close to hitting the wall though.

i just finished the third coffee break, on my first try i said to myself "this is going to take forever" then i just got lucky on my third try and got the gold.

Damn CFM you're good. I've still got 2 left on B to get gold on (Test 1 & 7). I finally moved onto A last night and I got up to the coffee break with all golds but I doubt I'll ever get gold on the coffee break.

CFM

Actually, you can do it down the middle, doing sort of the same thing... start out going to the right a bit, then angle back to the left. You'll finish right in the middle of the checkers. I'm pretty sure it can be golded this way, I've come within .01 seconds...

neurokinetik
Actually, you can do it down the middle, doing sort of the same thing... start out going to the right a bit, then angle back to the left. You'll finish right in the middle of the checkers. I'm pretty sure it can be golded this way, I've come within .01 seconds...

i just checked my time on that one and got an 11.699, it could have been faster if i had lanched right and braked a little earlier..

Back