82nd Running Of The Le Mans 24 Hours - 14/15 June 2014.

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by Furinkazen, Apr 21, 2014.

1. alonsof1fan91

alonsof1fan91

Amazing weekend for motorsport fans! Great LM24H, incredible Moto Gp race and now Michael Schumacher out of coma!

2. mikeerfol

mikeerfol

3. Famine

Famine Administrator

So did anyone catch me and @GTP_Ingram being interviewed live on Nismo.tv at 3am (halfway) Le Mans time?

4. Furi

Furi Premium

No sadly, how was the weekend?

5. Famine

Famine Administrator

Really, really tiring.

My phone just gave up when we got to the circuit and I had no access to text messages or the internet. I was absolutely dark. It didn't even start retrieving them again until we got back to Folkestone services. Twas mental.

Good fun though. The interview was a weird and great experience - and I bumped into Wolfie at the Alain Prost pits and had a quick chat-erview I'll probably write into something for the GTP blog.

DK, legacyMACHINE and mikeerfol like this.
  6. Holdenhsvgtsr

Holdenhsvgtsr

Tried to get in touch with you but the same my signal spazed out and didn't get anything till 12:30am till about 6am then it went again on the sfr network.

Was fun texting people from a French number wondering who it was :lol:

7. Ninners

Ninners

For #7 Toyota failure, got this onboard where you hear the electrics failing and then the camera cuts out(1:10:58)

Audi #1 onboard past it(1:12:52)

8. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

m0rris, starknight97, Flex0r and 3 others like this.
  9. CarBastard

CarBastard

Thanks a lot for posting that! The sound on the TS040s onboard sounds definitely fatal! :lol:. One thing is winning a 6 hour or 1000Km race. Another completely different thing is building one that can go for 24 hours at hellish pace without going boom. Here's hoping they learnt a lot from this race and give us fans a heck of a show in LM2015!

10. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

Incoming video in about an hour and thirty minutes, I think you guys will love it. If people love it a lot, I'll do a similar one for the Nurburging race next week.

Edit: Well after the internet decided to stop and have some lunch, make that in Two hours.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
    CarBastard likes this.
  11. Holdenhsvgtsr

Holdenhsvgtsr

Jav, DK, Tom and 16 others like this.
  12. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

This is taking abit longer then I expected so here's only a small sample of it:

Abit short I know. By far the hardest part of the video and that's only half of that part. Full one should be done fairly soon.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  13. Solo

Solo Premium

My photos from the weekend can be found here on my Flickr page. C&C welcome.

Organ-Donor likes this.
  14. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

Finally, its done:

Alright people, let me know what you think.

Jav, Organ-Donor, Wilbur and 3 others like this.
  15. JohnBM01

JohnBM01 Premium

*cue Australian accent*

You're a bloody genius, RACECAR mate! Well done!

After thinking about this year's Le Mans, here is an excerpt I posted this in my Facebook profile and in my Facebook fan page:

"Audi wins Le Mans 2014 outright. Yep. Audi gets it done AGAIN. I almost sort of wonder if Audi feels like they've accomplished everything that has to be accomplished in sportscar racing and that they feel they can accomplish no more. It was the No. 2 Audi, the No. 1 Audi, and the No. 8 Toyota TS040 Hybrid that filled out the overall podium."

I posted this in the sense that Audi seems to have dominated for most of the 21st Century at Le Mans. It is not that I want Audi to stop or anything, but I almost tend to wonder if Audi ever feels like they've accomplished and established themselves as legends and feel like they can do no more at Le Mans and... pass the torch.

I want Toyota to win at Le Mans with their hybrid machine, but they disappointed AGAIN by not being able to win at Le Mans. I hate adding salt to wounds, but it is just sad that Toyota has lots of money and resources, but can't parlay that too much into championships and major wins. Toyota at Le Mans has about as many overall wins as their F1 team. An overall podium is still nothing to scoff at. Then too, Toyota placed higher with the GT-One back in 1999 compared to this 3rd Overall at Le Mans 2014. Toyota is still a contender. Their luck in a lot of international motorsport is mostly just horrid.

Congratulations to the #38 Jota in LMP2, the #51 AF Corse in GTE-Pro and the #95 Aston Martin in GTE-Am for their class victories.

I saw as much as I could on TV and followed as much as I could through Twitter. Either I haven't been as active following races anymore or things are just different from the dedicated coverage the former Speedvision and Speed Channel offered. I still love Le Mans. Always have, always will. I basically grew up as a racing fan following GT/Sportscar/Endurance racing.

Bring on Le Mans 2015! :D

16. alonsof1fan91

alonsof1fan91

Sorry for necroing this thread, but any update on Duval? It got really quiet about him :(

17. Holdenhsvgtsr

Holdenhsvgtsr

He's at home recovering

18. Holdenhsvgtsr

Holdenhsvgtsr

Also found this one of the Corvette's making noise in my recordings

DK and Jav like this.